BOOM! Headshot! 100K PUBG Cheater Bans Coming

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
PUBG devs are continuing to step up in an area that has plagued the game for quite a while now: Rampant PUBG Cheating. Reports on the high profile cheating are the biggest reason I do not personally play the game. NSFW language in the video below.

Check out the video.

After PC 1.0 launch, our highest priority has been ensuring a fair and competitive environment by combating cheats and decreasing the amount of their users as well as address any optimization and stability issues to create a more enjoyable environment.

We recently discovered a new pattern of cheats in action. This week, we performed a thorough gameplay data review of 10 million players and completed analysis of tens of millions of data logs. Through this exercise, we were able to identify over 100,000 instances of the new pattern related to use of cheat and now we have confirmed that it was clearly an attempt of compromising our game. These players will be permanently banned in a single wave. This is an example of additional measures we will be taking on top of the basic detection systems in place. We will continue to check the data logs like this even if it means the anti-cheat team has to filter through hundreds of billions of data logs manually. In addition, we are looking into adopting a new solution to detect and ban more cheaters and we have been continuously strengthening our security systems. We have also liaised with investigative authorities in some countries to take legal actions against developers and distributors of cheats. We are determined to take strong measures against them going forward.

it catches the "CSS/counter strike source" vibe to me.. .my wife would love it (CSS) but not for me .

How do the cheaters know the game code better than the developers? Shouldn't they be able to remove the exploits?

Its a good sign that they're banning despite their success. Usually companies are afraid of banning paying players (Sony Online Entertainment) for fear of decreasing their revenue base. Very shortsighted, but not here, apparently.

How do the cheaters know the game code better than the developers? Shouldn't they be able to remove the exploits?

How do exploit writers know more than the developers for any application? The problem is developers are trying to create something, not trying to exploit it. Sometimes when you are creating something you unwittingly provide a means to also exploit the system. This is why Google, Microsoft, etc offer money for bug hunters.

Bulk are chinese. Encountered one in FPP last night that was obviously American. Knocked my buddy multiple times with a crossbow through a wall. So annoying.

Regardless of the situation with cheaters - No physical, no buy.

Cheaters always seem to be able to one shot you.
Does this game have a single player mode?
It doesn't have single player as in offline, but they do have a solo mode where it's everyone vs everyone. You don't have to do duo or squad.

With everything now days forcing Steam, I don't care anymore about physical purchases because the disk is just steam anyways. Unless you like having stuff on the shelf taking up space.

I miss the cd key and disc-check days.

Still holding out on purchasing the game I just don't think it looks very fun.

solo can get sorta boring but in a group it can be damn fun.

time to join 2018 bro and move on.. i use to think the same way and realized it was a waste of money since it's rare as hell that physical copies ever go on sale for prices remotely close to digital copy sales.

spectated a few friends and there is now way I am playing with so many people running around cheating, maybe they had bad luck, however every 6 minutes or so they would run into this fun wall and we decided to play TF2 instead....sigh

solo can get sorta boring but in a group it can be damn fun.

time to join 2018 bro and move on.. i use to think the same way and realized it was a waste of money since it's rare as hell that physical copies ever go on sale for prices remotely close to digital copy sales.
Or the fact that Amazon advertises physicals copies only to send you a physical copy of your CD key to put in steam or whatever DRM the publisher uses.....

Or the fact that Amazon advertises physicals copies only to send you a physical copy of your CD key to put in steam or whatever DRM the publisher uses.....

wtf, do they really do that? i've only bought games from gmg, humble, and origin.. think the last physical copy of a game i've bought was crysis warhead for 5 bucks just so i could play MWLL.

Not to mention that having a physical copy of an online only game is worth nothing but the 1/10th of a cent of plastic that the disc is made of.

I wish more games would step up and do this on this scale. It's win-win. PubG gets to keep the money from 100,000 cheaters, 100,000 less people are clogging the servers, and obviously 100,000 less cheaters are in the system.

Sure, they can try to come back, but they've got to buy the game again.

I'll believe that they are "serious about dealing with cheaters" when they introduce region locks to keep chinese players off of American servers. But since they went on record saying that they don't believe region locks are the answer, that just shows the almighty dollar is more important than customer satisfaction. They can ban them forever and they keep buying the game again, win win for blueballs. They can say "hey we are banning them!" which is nothing more than a bandaid solution and still keep making money when they buy another copy.

wtf, do they really do that? i've only bought games from gmg, humble, and origin.. think the last physical copy of a game i've bought was crysis warhead for 5 bucks just so i could play MWLL.
Yep happened to me twice i ordered the "physical copy" got the box in the mail opened the game cartridge and low and behold it was a piece of paper with the damn game code on it.

Its a good sign that they're banning despite their success. Usually companies are afraid of banning paying players (Sony Online Entertainment) for fear of decreasing their revenue base. Very shortsighted, but not here, apparently.

Because banning players actually makes blueballs money. They ban the cheaters without actually addressing the problem and the cheaters just buy another copy and cheat again until they get caught again, rinse repeat.

Does this game have a single player mode?
This is my issue as well (plus it just doesn't look very fun to me either).

I'm pretty busy and don't have a lot of free time. I still play HL2 quite a bit, just because I can hop on, frag away for 5-10 minutes, then quit (if I need to).
I don't know if anybody remembers, but Painkiller was great for that too - just load it up and frag away for a bit.

I know people will suggest the 'new' Doom, but I have a hard time getting into it. I think what HL2 had going for it was the 'training' aspect, where you were kind of taught new skills as the game went along, so you never felt 'lost' as you played. I think a lot of modern games are missing this aspect, which kind of makes them non-starters for me.

I like PUBG, but I do agree that some kind of training mode would be nice. Even just a shooting range with moving targets would be a good way for people to familiarize themselves with how the gunplay works in the game. A vehicle track would be great as well.

I will say that PUBG does make for a nice, relatively quick session game; due to the way the circles force players closer together on the map as time goes by, a match only lasts for 30 minutes or so. If you want a shorter game, well just play really aggressively, or get in a car and try and run people down.

If you enjoy multiplayer action shooters, this game is for you, especially fun with friends.
What makes this game great is that there is more on the line if you die. You don't want to sit out for 25 minutes while your buddies finish a round.
This causes increase awareness/tension in firefights and even more rewarding when you win a long match.

Props to the developer for adding the new desert map also, without requiring any additional purchase (F#ck your expansion packs EA).
Highly recommend this game and I think its huge success is also another slap in the face to larger publishers that are afraid to experiment & take on risk with new games (COD 1,2,3,4,5 BF 1,2,3,4, Far Cry 1,2,3,4,5.......................

This is my issue as well (plus it just doesn't look very fun to me either).

I'm pretty busy and don't have a lot of free time. I still play HL2 quite a bit, just because I can hop on, frag away for 5-10 minutes, then quit (if I need to).
I don't know if anybody remembers, but Painkiller was great for that too - just load it up and frag away for a bit.

I know people will suggest the 'new' Doom, but I have a hard time getting into it. I think what HL2 had going for it was the 'training' aspect, where you were kind of taught new skills as the game went along, so you never felt 'lost' as you played. I think a lot of modern games are missing this aspect, which kind of makes them non-starters for me.

Umm no. Not only did I feel lost while playing threw HL2, I literally did get lost several times.

Will wait for version with bots. I don't do multiplayer these days unless it's co-op.

I like PUBG, but I do agree that some kind of training mode would be nice. Even just a shooting range with moving targets would be a good way for people to familiarize themselves with how the gunplay works in the game. A vehicle track would be great as well.

I've wanted this from the beginning. I can't get my gunplay any good unless I can practice. Every serious FPS I've played had some way for me to do it, but PUBG doesn't. I'm not really interested in wasting my time getting smoked all day, I want to see the cones of fire and how the guns pull when I'm relaxed, not panicked.

Been playing the game for the past few days. I've ran in to a few cheaters, but no more than any other game. Maybe I've been lucky in the regard.

The gun mechanics are very easy to learn. You could play a few solo rounds, drop in as far away as you can and be pretty much alone for a good while.

And I like playing solo. The game requires patience. It's not a fast paced, run'n'gun, COD style shooter. I almost always make it to the last 10 players. It's like hunting.

Sales data suggests otherwise.

Sales data does not a good game make. Also chinese. Remember the movie Avatar and how people were hailing it as the greatest movie of all time? Yeah...no. It was a good movie but not the greatest I've ever seen.

Sales data does not a good game make. Also chinese. Remember the movie Avatar and how people were hailing it as the greatest movie of all time? Yeah...no. It was a good movie but not the greatest I've ever seen.

They should have named it "Dances with Aliens". Where was Kevin Kostner?

If you enjoy multiplayer action shooters, this game is for you, especially fun with friends.
What makes this game great is that there is more on the line if you die. You don't want to sit out for 25 minutes while your buddies finish a round.
This causes increase awareness/tension in firefights and even more rewarding when you win a long match.

Props to the developer for adding the new desert map also, without requiring any additional purchase (F#ck your expansion packs EA).
Highly recommend this game and I think its huge success is also another slap in the face to larger publishers that are afraid to experiment & take on risk with new games (COD 1,2,3,4,5 BF 1,2,3,4, Far Cry 1,2,3,4,5.......................

Wow, you might have to sit out 25 minutes until the next round? No respawn?

Sometimes I only have an hour to play in a 2 week period, It would suck to sit out two 25 minute periods in a 1 hour play period. This is totally unacceptable since cheating is rampant.

PUBG = one big fat NOPE.

Back