Bon Jovi: Steve Jobs 'Killed' The Music Business

I'd say that's pretty dead on. We are not the norm. It just seems to me that the sheople make up the majority of consumers are missing out with the new paradigm.

Uh...yeah. It happens all the time. It happened all the time when they sold 45s fifty years ago, and it happens all the time with mp3s now.

How many people today do you think would buy and listen to The Wall if it was brand new today? Or Tommy? Or any one of the old rock operas for that matter other than die hard fans and audiophiles? Hell, I remember when The Wall came out. People listened "We Don't Need No Education" and "Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)," which came out as a single, and never heard any of the rest of what is arguably one of Pink Floyd's best albums, and considered by quite a few to be one of the best rock albums of all time.

You think today's short attention span teens or even young adults would consider buying the rest of the works on that 2 album set?

I don't.

I have Tommy in my record player right now, haha. It's not playing but it's in there.
I personally list those albums as some of the greatest of all time, those are albums where every single song is great.

Did Steve Jobs really kill the music business like Bon Jovi claims? I mean, that seems a bit melodramatic doesn't it? I'm sure all the industry needs is a liver transplant and they'll be just fine. :D

LOL

ya, most "kids" realized that looking at the jacket got you nothing but 1-2 good songs and the rest were CRAP! and got smart, sorry people arent buying your FULL albums any more cause it is nothing nut %95 filler crap tracks

Back