Boinc on Freenas 11?

Endgame

Gawd
Has anyone tried setting up boinc on a free nas box? The mostly idle cpu in that host is a prime target to run Rosetta at home, BUT I really don’t want to end up smoking the build and causing downtime on the host.

a well tested set of instructions for freenas 11 would be appreciated - the 9.3 guides unfortunately are not relevant in 11 since jails were removed from freenas after that :(

No idea on running it on FreeNAS but, what are the system specs?

No idea on running it on FreeNAS but, what are the system specs?
Nothing exciting. I3-8100 with 16GB of ram. In other words, higher performance than every other system I currently have running rosetta@home :D

Is it possible to just use the normal FreeBSD instructions? Not familiar with FreeNAS, so don't know how much FreeBSD is left underneath.

Alternatively, this person claims to have gotten it to work with their instructions under version 11, though he states it's still in a Jail.

Even more alternatively, you can run it in a docker container apparently.

Is it possible to just use the normal FreeBSD instructions? Not familiar with FreeNAS, so don't know how much FreeBSD is left underneath.

Alternatively, this person claims to have gotten it to work with their instructions under version 11, though he states it's still in a Jail.

Even more alternatively, you can run it in a docker container apparently.
Yeah, it looks like there are some options, but nothing terribly concrete and repeatedly tested. Since my freenas is the only mission critical computer in the house, I don't really want to experiment on it. Its looking more and more like I'll be leaving it idle and only running freenas, and running distributed computing on everything else in the house.

Back