Boiling Water Inside A 10,000W Light Bulb

HardOCP News

[H] News
It takes a special kind of person to put water in a 10,000W light and then plug it in to see if it would boil the water or not. I watched the video just to see if this thing was going to explode. :D

So he made a little electric water heater with a large light bulb... I'm failing to see the mad scientist aspect of this.

My chemistry is a little rusty, but shouldn't that also be producing hydrogen?

Not enough on chemistry to know either, but thought you needed an Anode. Are these not just acting as heating elements?

I feel like I should take a shower after hearing his chuckle.

EDIT: After finishing it, yea, water boils when heating coils heat the water above boiling temperature. Ya for re-discovery. Next up, will water freeze on the cold side of a peltier?

No, the electrical current is not being passed through the water. He's not performing electrolysis.

Not enough on chemistry to know either, but thought you needed an Anode. Are these not just acting as heating elements?
Yes, they're just heating elements submerged in water.

PhotonicInduction is great!

He has this thing for lightbulbs and ... "putting one too many volts" onto things.

The brick into a washing machine while its running is his.

tumblr_luigsy47L81qc8b1uo1_500.jpg

Bonus points if you're an old fart who remembers this one.

Actually, aside from the creepy voice dude, was kinda cool. Anti-climatic but cool.

Hurrr, what a plonker, weirdo, blah blah blah.

Been watching this guy for quite some time and he knows his shit in and out, and I would dare say that he knows more about electricity and high voltage than the whole lot of you shit talkers put together.

Just sayin'.

He does have a creepy voice, but he has some hilarious / insane videos. I really like the one where he's testing a new transformer and pulling so many amps the neighbors house starts to have brown outs. That and the one where he makes the giant portable flashlight and goes out at night with it.

he is actually only putting 30volts into it (more amps than anything else) bar smashing it not sure what else you would do with it

Anti-climatic yes it is as things tend to go pop or get smashed with a sledgehammer (i think boiling water with a light build is the only thing i have not seen him do) you should have a look at his bug sapper its an old video

if you like a hum approx 40,000amps is here at 5:15 (near 6:00 uses it to light his smoke) cant seem to disable the link to media converting thing as you have to watch this on youtube site

cant wait for him to plug the big bulb in, the normal size one he was playing with was to small one

Last edited:
Back