Blur (Racing Game) $5 Steam Midweek Madness

I bought this game like 2 years ago when it was first released. Amazing game. I don't know why it was such a flop, but the multiplayer community was dead within 3-4 months. No, it was dead from day 1. I think the most ppl I've seen online was around 150.

But seriously... if you have a couple of friends, this game is a blast. Especially the different multiplayer modes that no one touched b/c there were hardly more than 10 ppl online at a time. It's a pick-up and play 15 minutes type of a game and my friend and I played this well after the multiplayer was dead. I think I have about 55 hours into it.

I don't recommend anyone get it, though. What's the point when the MP's dead? That's what the game was made for.

I picked it up earlier today. Don't really care about the MP community. I'll just play it for the SP and I'm in the mood for a crazy arcade racing game and RR Unbound costs too much.

Oh is it? Maybe more people picked it up during the sales. Haven't played in a year, but the last time I went on, maybe 4-5 people were online.

About how many people are on now? I might start again lol.

I played the Demo on the PS3 a year or so ago, it's fun imo! I'll probly buy it when I get home :D

Its a great racing game. The best since the carmageddon series and mario cart in my opinion. I prefer it on xbox though. Too many hackers on pc with no way to ban them. Last few times I've tried to play people were boosting non stop and spamming weapons shots non stop. It was ridiculous. I've hit top rank on xbox and premiered and didn't see any cheaters. Played blur on pc three times and two experiences of the three had ridiculous amounts of cheating occurring.

Yeah for moderated and controlled xbox live

I demo'd it a while back, was OK, but dirt 2 was more enjoyable.

I have been wanting Blur for a long time and missed the Daily Deal during the Winter Sale. Needless to say this time I bit.

However, I'm a bit worried about the notorious high difficulty that occurs later on in the single player campaign...

I haven't played Blur on the PC, but at least on the Xbox, I found it tough as nails. I've been playing "arcade" racing games since Mario Kart for the SNES, but never before have I played one that was so ridiculously difficult. The difficulty is "false" too, as the computer racers magically go faster and obtain the best power-ups once you get into the lead.

Multiplayer might be better (never played it), but don't get this for single player unless you like tearing your hair out.

I haven't played Blur on the PC, but at least on the Xbox, I found it tough as nails. I've been playing "arcade" racing games since Mario Kart for the SNES, but never before have I played one that was so ridiculously difficult. The difficulty is "false" too, as the computer racers magically go faster and obtain the best power-ups once you get into the lead.

Multiplayer might be better (never played it), but don't get this for single player unless you like tearing your hair out.

Yep that's rubberbanding. Modern Mario Kart games have it really bad too.

Blur was amazing....it's a shame that it didn't sell well....the Bizarre Creations developer got shut down shortly after this was released due to poor sales/Activision deciding to close them down.

Played it on xbox when it first came out, was the most fun I have had playing a racing game....I'm not into racing sims but I love the arcade style....the TV ads did a good job describing the game as Mario Kart for grown ups....that's exactly what it is. Really fun and for 5 bucks well worth it just to check it out for the single player. Controls were excellent, power ups/weapons were good....they could of have so much potential with DLC or updates.... :(

Blur was ruined by cheaters, and Bizarre never giving a flying crap at all about it.

They asked for video's to be submitted showing the cheaters, and it didn't matter.

They never did a thing. They never patched it to stop the hacks that were out...nothing.

Game was fun, when I was playing I was in the top 5-10 most the time, but those of us
that played legit had to constantly fight against those that didn't. Got exhausting, with no
change in site I gave up.

The game is pretty fun from what I played of it at a friends. It just wasn't my type of racing game.

I was sorta tempted, but user ratings in general seem fairly low. I'll continue trying to tackle my current backlog instead of acquiring new games to put on the shelf.

I have been playing the online multiplayer for about an hour. I found it to be quite some fun!

It's far from perfect, but definitely worth $5. I enjoyed playing it and finished it when it first came out.

The singleplayer on normal isnt hard at all. I platinumed the game on ps3 and got 1000 points on the 360 version. The only time it is hard is when you are going for all the lights. The destruction runs are by far the hardest things to do in the game. The actual races aren't bad at all. I have put a ton of time into the game and multiplayer on all platforms, just cant get enough of it. One of the funnest games I've played this gen.

Does anyone get microstutter? It says 60fps, but chops up every few seconds

i2600k @ 4.4 GHz
Galaxy 680 GTX @ stock
In-game vsync: off
Adaptive vsync: on

I get stuttering here and there on my system although FRAPS indicates I get between 60-78FPS.

Last edited:
Yep that's rubberbanding. Modern Mario Kart games have it really bad too.

Yeah, and GRID also. Good strategy is to trail towards the last lap, and then pass towards the end. It's like the longer you are in the lead, the harder they ride your car's rear bumper. GRID has massively cheating AI ... you can be maxxed out in the Audi R10 at 253 mph or whatever it is, and you can see the computer come up on the radar about at 700 mph after they recover from a spin-out, lol. I think I own Blur but haven't even downloaded it yet on Steam ... *cough*

Back