Bluescreen issues - I am at the end of my rope.

Phandalyon

Alright. In the middle of December I got the parts for this computer and put it together. Everything ran OK during install. Finally I got Windows up and drivers installed and started running PRIME95 to do a quick stresstest. Bluescreen.

Anyway, long story whort, I replaced the motherboard. When that didn't fix it I replaced the CPU and RAM. I finally got all the parts and got it back up and running yesterday. It will run Prime95 for about 5 minutes then bluescreen. It first crashed on a file called sfng32.sys, which it seems a lot of people think is Skype. I can tell you with complete assurance it is not since this is a completely fresh windows install and I have never even downloaded Skype. Anyway, it seems the files are part of the onboard audio, so I disabled onboard audio and uninstalled all of the drivers and files for it.

Ran Prime95 again, system is still crashing. Blue screen about 5 minutes in. This time though it is just a STOP error. I am currently doing BIOS updates on the new Motherboard (did them on the old one) and updating all the drivers to be sure. BUt any other ideas on this one?

System specs:
Intel DP965LT motherboard
Intel Core2 Duo E6300
2GB OCZ DDR2 (2x1GB)
Seagate Barracude 7200.10 250GB SATA2
LIteon DVDRW
Mitsumi FDD with card reader
Antec SP-500 500W modular PSU
ATI FIreGL V3100 PCIe 128MB Video

The computer ran overnight last night with no load with no issues. But when the system is put under load it crashes.

I will get temps in a few minutes once I have the software installed.

Here is something weird. I think it might just be Prime95.

I am currently running Intel's stress utility. It is running the CPU at 100% (both cores instead of the 1 core max that I had Prime95 on) and testing 2d/3d video, RAM, Disks, and network all simultaneously and it is rock solid for the last 10 minutes. I wonder if I am just running up against a bug in Prime95.

Run a bootable stress test to eliminate Windows as the culprit.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Good plan. BEfore I replaced the CPU and RAM that is exaclty what I did and the exact system I used. if I still have crashes after this Intel utility I will do so. So far I am running rock solid in the Intel tests.

Loaded CPU temp is 50-51C
I am finally having some hope.

Another update. Just spoke with Intel and they are thinking that OCZ RAM is incompatible with the Intel Motherboard. I guess I will contact OCZ and see what they have to say. Geez. Maybe I will also poke around the office and see if we have any non-OCZ DDR2.

edit: I contacted OCZ and they seem to have solved the issue. Memory can't be runn at 800 unless I can bump up the voltage to the memory. Since I can't, I have to run the RAM at 667. Oh, well. At least it isn't crashing.

Back