BlueRay video options to Acer X34 display

lcpiper

[H]F Junkie
OK, so I want to be able to watch my BlueRays from my computer/X34 when my wife is in the kitchen and the audio bothers her from the living room.

The way I see it, I have four options although the first is sort of a cop-out, I'll list it first;

1. Get some decent wireless headphones and just sty in the living room and watch on the bog screen.

2. Get a standard BlueRay player and just run HDMI to the monitor directly, but it'll black-bar the display and won't full-screen it properly.

3. Get a BlueRay drive and add it to the computer, but my case has no 5.25 external ODD bays so I would need an external bay, probably want E-SATA to the Mobo. I would need AnyDVD and VLC and I can watch 21:9 to the Acer. Problem is, I don't know how much faith I have in a lot of these drives and they can be pretty noisy sometimes.

4. Get a streaming BlueRay Player that will do WiFi or, (I prefered wired LAN to the router), and stream the content from the player to the computer and again, use AnyDVD and VLC for full screen display.

Now my question, any of you guys see anything I am missing ?

OH, I also have a second monitor 24" 2K Dell Gaming, and I could run the player to it with the HDMI cable as well as stream to the computer and display on either depending on how well they each work, options I don't get with a computer BlueRay player.

Option 5: Rip you blurays onto a drive on ANY PC on your network, and stream them to the computer. VLC can play back ripped Blu Ray discs, and a USB drive can rip them in 25 minutes (if you download the driver from Pioneer's site and unlock high-speed mode).

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-External-Writer-BDR-XD05B-Black/dp/B00OD39P6A

If space is at a premium, you can compress those Blu-Rays YOU WAAT TO WATCH MORE THAN ONCE using Handbrake. 1080p h.265 plays back smoothly on a Core i3 with zero acceleration, and with quality level 19 should compress your average movie down under 4GB.

There are tons off applications out there that rip BluRays, all of which come with a "trial" periods that EITHER never ends, or can be renewed by reinstalling the software.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back