Bluehole Buttholes

I can say one thing about this game. Stop the damn force field forcing everyone into the center. I hate hackers and cheaters, it is not even funny.

He doesn't even mention anything about how the peoples cries for region locking China and the rampint hacking going on, seems like a largely missed opportunity. The hacking has been so bad that I have taken a break from the game. Two weeks ago I spent almot 30 min into a game with 3 of my buddies, someone decided to turn their hack on at the end and just end everyone. Probably one of the worst rages I have ever done on a game, to have that patience to troll someone, thats what the game has turned into for me.

fantastic video
get that lootbox payola quick before it's outlawed. lolz

For all the hate, the latest update is awesome. No idea how so many of you claim to be victims of hackers. I've got 250 hours in and only seen a few blatant examples. Some questionable stuff sure, but very few obvious examples. Perhaps you are accidentally playing on the asian servers. I've noticed they default me to them occasionally, and if I'm not paying attention I can end up playing with the Asians.

Performance is up with the latest patch too. The game is finally solid.

I have 400+ hours and have only encountered two maybe three hackers. I don't even care if I am in a server with Chinese because I always game with people on the PUBG Reddit channel or my friends list.

The game has been undoubtedly optimized since the first release. Runs way better.

Every time I hear the phrase Battle Royale my brain screams "it's called deathmatch,asshole"
Except DM doesn't generally involve a shrinking play area on a map. You're right, FFA deathmatch with weapons to pick up is well... FFA DM but the whole "magic forcefield is shrinking everyone gather up" is the difference.

You guys don't get it. Call me an old fart. I enjoy the slow kill and the high of stalking someone. Specifically... knife kills and popping sniper rifle after dropping the fool. I am not interested in running my ass off and trying to beat joe blow to the center of the map. I want to kill you! I want to earn the kill. This game makes it impossible, unless you find the magic spawn. Worse of all , there really isn't anywhere to hide. You are always moving and exposing yourself. Now if there was more concealed places, I could reconsider. I just want my money back for a shitty game. I enjoyed ARMA 2....you had to find them!

There’s already a better alternative called Ring of Elysium. Way more reliable shooting mechanics, better FPS and rendering engine capable of long distance lod along with dynamic weather and soon destructible environment. Check out the pubg thread here on hard forums for more info

You guys don't get it. Call me an old fart. I enjoy the slow kill and the high of stalking someone. Specifically... knife kills and popping sniper rifle after dropping the fool. I am not interested in running my ass off and trying to beat joe blow to the center of the map. I want to kill you! I want to earn the kill. This game makes it impossible, unless you find the magic spawn. Worse of all , there really isn't anywhere to hide. You are always moving and exposing yourself. Now if there was more concealed places, I could reconsider. I just want my money back for a shitty game. I enjoyed ARMA 2....you had to find them!
I don't disagree with you. Frankly I find the genre to be boring as hell. You've basically got a 50% chance of getting a decent spawn so you won't get killed by the magic forcefield(seriously, wtf?), assuming you didn't get killed by the guy who beat you to a gun(which I have no problem with, that's just getting beaten by someone who got to a gun first), and then spend most of the rest of your time just running from a magic circle.

Personally, if the magic circle had to stay, I'd base it off of an incredibly low number of players left before it even starts(10 or less) and then base it's positoning somewhere near the center of the remaining players as it shrinks rather than ending up clear on the opposite side of the map. You'd effectively get the best of both worlds in that case. Oh, and it'd have to be on a map that isn't a fucking wasteland. What's up with these games and having wide ass empty maps like that? Even something like GTA V's map has a variety(if they modeled building interiors) rather than this smattering of 4 or 5 rinky dink buildings trying to make the place look like some sort of russian countryside, have this shit take place in something like downtown LA.

Except DM doesn't generally involve a shrinking play area on a map. You're right, FFA deathmatch with weapons to pick up is well... FFA DM but the whole "magic forcefield is shrinking everyone gather up" is the difference.
Ah, so basically deathmatch doesn't work in a huge open map because players won't ever find each other, so they put a giant shrinking invisible wall on the map? ROTFLMAO That is battle royale? Are you serious? At least until now in my blissful ignorance I was thinking it is something more substantial than that.
It's not as if my view of modern multiplayer games weren't low enough already.

As for blueassholes, based on this video, they should shut the fuck up, and enjoy their 10 minutes of fame instead of this childish whining.

Ah, so basically deathmatch doesn't work in a huge open map because players won't ever find each other, so they put a giant shrinking invisible wall on the map? ROTFLMAO That is battle royale? Are you serious? At least until now in my blissful ignorance I was thinking it is something more substantial than that.
It's not as if my view of modern multiplayer games weren't low enough already.

As for blueassholes, based on this video, they should shut the fuck up, and enjoy their 10 minutes of fame instead of this childish whining.

Yeah... that's basically the difference. Jump out of a plane to where you want on the map at the start, pick up some weapons and gear, then for some who knows what reason a giant magic shrinking circle appears and kills you if you aren't in the center. The giant shrinking wall isn't invisible... you can definitely see it but it just kills you by doing damage if you're on the wrong side of it. If you ever watch the "better" twitch players or youtubers that do clip shows, it takes them like 5-10 sessions where they aren't simply running in a straight line trying to outrun the circle a minute into the game and usually just get shot in the back by someone else running behind them, or killed off by the magic wall.

The magic death storm is fine in fortnite, there was some other game "the culling" I think that had some magic gas death cloud, but also had breakable containers on the map that released more of the death gas. In something trying to look as "realistic" as PUBG... it seems really out of place.

Hell, the original Battle Royale movie didn't even have that. First everyone started in the same spot, loot was completely random(some of them got weapons, others got maps and things, which were actually important) and they all had exploding(I think?) necklaces on, and periodically the guy running the thing would broadcast map grids over the PA system where their necklaces would explode(still pretty sure it was exploding necklaces). Anyway, the point I'm trying to get at, is even though this game mode(and it really does seem like a mode/mod rather than a full game) is called battle royale, it doesn't even fit the movie that it's named after.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The latest updates on the PC and the Xbox have made the game much, much better. As far as the crates go, they are for ugly t-shirts, who cares if I can't open one every now and then. I just sell it on the Steam store for 25¢ and move on with life. I hate this, "How dare a game company want to make a lot of money!" narrative. Multiplayer games have a ticking clock for monetization, and game companies are always fighting for their survival in a very make or break industry. Having a war chest full of funds insures they will have the capital to try and make a few more games before their eventual demise. I am not saying I like loot crates or any of that garbage, but in this case it is easy to ignore and out of my way, just like it should be, and more than that, the game is fun.

ITT: a bunch of people pretending that Battle Royale isn't its own genre for some reason. "I'd play it if only they'd change the genre-defining elements!"

ITT: nubs crying cuz they can't git gud

For all the hate, the latest update is awesome. No idea how so many of you claim to be victims of hackers. I've got 250 hours in and only seen a few blatant examples. Some questionable stuff sure, but very few obvious examples. Perhaps you are accidentally playing on the asian servers. I've noticed they default me to them occasionally, and if I'm not paying attention I can end up playing with the Asians.

Performance on high end systems seemed to take a hit, and introduce some wonkiness. Overall I like the update. This strategy they are using with micro updates to break hacks seems to be helping big time. Looks like they are pushing these out every day.

ITT: a bunch of people pretending that Battle Royale isn't its own genre for some reason. "I'd play it if only they'd change the genre-defining elements!"
It may or may not be ( no me it looks like a no), there is no question that it comes from somewhere, using so much of what others have done not even that long ago. I mean shit, I know we have short term memory as a nation, but this is becoming extreme. Keto is regarded as something new, Jesus, Atkins products are still in sold in the store... 5 seconds on the internet lets you know the low carb diet concept could be considered to be over 200 years old. Wow, just wow.

Maybe you're playing the wrong game then?

Sometimes even if you are doing something old if there is any difference you have to rebrand it. That's fine, no point in fighting it most companies do that. I guess the question is why are we so against rebranding?

The new last team standing mode we call battle royal has a couple of properties that make it a little different. 1 you get nothing when you spawn in and you have to find everything. 2 the maps are huge and the number of teams is large. 25 to 50 where as most last team standing games in the past were more like 2 teams. 3 there is some mechanic to force all the players together over time. In all death match like modes you need some objective to get people to fight. Maybe its health and armor, good weapons, a control point or something. To me this style of play is specific enough that it is useful to give it, its own name if someone was looking for massive last team standing its easier for them to say battle royale than try and sort for games with those properties.

I understand very well why this game and its copies have blown up, they tick all the check marks for a video game revolution. Other games that went through the same revolution in the past were CS, WOW, COD, LOL they all had similar properties.

Or maybe... just maybe...

This is the equivalent of a game mode people would have expected in older games and not sold as a standalone game by itself. It'd be like trying to call CTF or TDM their own genres. The thing with various modes in shooters? Not everyone needs to like all of them.

That being said, people have been asking the pubg devs to deal with the "regional" issues for months, they haven't. They said that they wouldn't do the loot crate and key thing, they did. Personally, fortnite looks more interesting to me since there's more going on regarding gameplay, but I tried it and it's not my thing. But even though it has microtransactions... the devs aren't asshats like the pubg guys seem to constantly be.

When I see 'Battle Royale' I always think of the Japanese movie the game mode probably got its name from.

Sometimes even if you are doing something old if there is any difference you have to rebrand it. That's fine, no point in fighting it most companies do that. I guess the question is why are we so against rebranding?

The new last team standing mode we call battle royal has a couple of properties that make it a little different. 1 you get nothing when you spawn in and you have to find everything. 2 the maps are huge and the number of teams is large. 25 to 50 where as most last team standing games in the past were more like 2 teams. 3 there is some mechanic to force all the players together over time. In all death match like modes you need some objective to get people to fight. Maybe its health and armor, good weapons, a control point or something. To me this style of play is specific enough that it is useful to give it, its own name if someone was looking for massive last team standing its easier for them to say battle royale than try and sort for games with those properties.

I understand very well why this game and its copies have blown up, they tick all the check marks for a video game revolution. Other games that went through the same revolution in the past were CS, WOW, COD, LOL they all had similar properties.

Its not against rebranding per se, is about its users choosing to stay so profoundly ignorant as to feel a need to tell themselves, ohh ahh this is so super new, has never been done before i am playing the worlds most unique game ever!! And worse, the developers are doing the same to an absurd point.. winner winner chicken dinner in court? GTFO... I get some of it is age, formative years and all that, but shit... It is also alarming levels of forgetting or ignoring recent history. It wasn't like i was listening to 90s rock and didn't know 80s rock or some shit ..Of couse what was around my formative years is more important, but even back then, i knew the connection to older things (if only a bit back then), i knew some of the before, even without a computer in my pocket 24/7 (and happen to like a bunch of 80s music too, even though that wasn't entirely my formative years ). I admit i nearly cant stomach anything 70s (i mean anything) but i can recognize its existance and such, its just that everything 70s is gross.

I wonder if they are going to argue in court their circa 2000 graphics is part of the 'look and feel' of the game.

Or maybe... just maybe...

This is the equivalent of a game mode people would have expected in older games and not sold as a standalone game by itself. It'd be like trying to call CTF or TDM their own genres. The thing with various modes in shooters? Not everyone needs to like all of them.

That being said, people have been asking the pubg devs to deal with the "regional" issues for months, they haven't. They said that they wouldn't do the loot crate and key thing, they did. Personally, fortnite looks more interesting to me since there's more going on regarding gameplay, but I tried it and it's not my thing. But even though it has microtransactions... the devs aren't asshats like the pubg guys seem to constantly be.

You guys are acting like putting together a 100-person game mode is as simple as releasing a new deathmatch map for Unreal Tournament. The BR mode plays nothing like a regular shooter mode (Fortnite even less so because of the building mechanics). If the performance isn't there the players won't stay given a better option.

Hell, Path of Exile (an ARPG) even did a BR mode as an April Fools joke and they talked about some of the challenges with scaling up server costs, creating a much larger map, etc.: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125873

The circle of death forces movement and action; that means you need to plan ahead and make decisions. Nobody wants to play a 2-hour round because you thought it'd be ultra cool to camp behind a rock at the edge of the map the entire game.

Health, shields, weapons, mobility options, concealment options, loot availability, map design, all require balance to ensure the game stays interesting. When a game mode like this is some worker's "for fun" project or not given priority you get shit like DayZ as a result. The fact that PUBG started as an Arma2/DayZ mod is why all the complaints about their development don't surprise me in the least.

You guys are acting like putting together a 100-person game mode is as simple as releasing a new deathmatch map for Unreal Tournament. The BR mode plays nothing like a regular shooter mode (Fortnite even less so because of the building mechanics). If the performance isn't there the players won't stay given a better option.

Hell, Path of Exile (an ARPG) even did a BR mode as an April Fools joke and they talked about some of the challenges with scaling up server costs, creating a much larger map, etc.: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125873

The circle of death forces movement and action; that means you need to plan ahead and make decisions. Nobody wants to play a 2-hour round because you thought it'd be ultra cool to camp behind a rock at the edge of the map the entire game.

Health, shields, weapons, mobility options, concealment options, loot availability, map design, all require balance to ensure the game stays interesting. When a game mode like this is some worker's "for fun" project or not given priority you get shit like DayZ as a result. The fact that PUBG started as an Arma2/DayZ mod is why all the complaints about their development don't surprise me in the least.

No one is pretending there aren't challenges in creating such a game mode. But you're right, PoE is an example of how this sort of thing is expected to be a mode within a larger game, because there it's... a mode within a larger game. Plus, if you read what I actually posted previously, I understand what the magic death circle adds to the game and I never said it should be eliminated, I said I'd prefer something else(meaning a different game) where the mechanic worked slightly differently.

Also, PUBG originally starting as an Arma2/DayZ mod isn't where all of the complaints come from. That has nothing to do with the publisher changing their stance on loot boxes, nothing to do with the developers making comments about wanting to see the genre grow when the game launched and then throwing a fit about how they somehow "own" the genre a few months later, nothing to do with the publisher aligning itself with a VPN provider and then letting a flood of entitled cheaters play on the other servers instead of just cheating against eachother on their own servers, nothing to do with releasing a joke of a port on console(seriously, have you seen that mess they launched? I know it's console and this is hardocp but come on now), and so on.

Some of the comments in this thread make my head hurt. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean the entire game concept sucks...

It's not the same as deathmatch. Not even close... And the blue zone is what makes this game and genre unique. It's a massive map that starts out with 100 players and slowly shrinks down in size as the number of players decreases. If there was no bluezone the match would literally never end...

Some of the comments in this thread make my head hurt. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean the entire game concept sucks...
If you think some of the comments you disagree with make your head hurt, what sort of headache do you think everyone else has who realizes that there are other reasons to not be into a game other than not being good at it? I can have fun in games I'm not amazing at, I can be bored in games I find to be easy. "Being bad" at a game doesn't mean a game sucks or not.

No one is pretending there aren't challenges in creating such a game mode. But you're right, PoE is an example of how this sort of thing is expected to be a mode within a larger game, because there it's... a mode within a larger game. Plus, if you read what I actually posted previously, I understand what the magic death circle adds to the game and I never said it should be eliminated, I said I'd prefer something else(meaning a different game) where the mechanic worked slightly differently.

Also, PUBG originally starting as an Arma2/DayZ mod isn't where all of the complaints come from. That has nothing to do with the publisher changing their stance on loot boxes, nothing to do with the developers making comments about wanting to see the genre grow when the game launched and then throwing a fit about how they somehow "own" the genre a few months later, nothing to do with the publisher aligning itself with a VPN provider and then letting a flood of entitled cheaters play on the other servers instead of just cheating against eachother on their own servers, nothing to do with releasing a joke of a port on console(seriously, have you seen that mess they launched? I know it's console and this is hardocp but come on now), and so on.

The PoE devs also noted that if they were actually going to support such a mode (it was only available for a weekend) it would require its own balance, a lot of development time, and far more resources to run. Personally I feel there's definitely enough to the game mode to warrant a standalone genre, and I think the millions upon millions playing either PUBG or Fortnite would suggest it's not really up for debate as both games have attracted wide and varied player bases.

And I totally understand your second paragraph, I just meant that based on my own experience with DayZ (lol, still early access alpha eh?) it doesn't surprise me at all that PUBG is in the state that it's in. OTOH, EPIC has done fantastic job with Fortnite (so far), and if you can get past the TPP-only aspect it's an incredibly fun game. Tons of community involvement, updates galore, bugs are fixed, limited time modes to test wacky ideas, and they seem to ban cheaters via hardware ID (although I don't recall running into any).

There is a ranking system, if you don't see hackers, you just aren't very good...
They banned 1M hackers in Feb alone and tend to ban 7-15k/day...
No recoil is the most common I have seen, seen plenty of tracking through hills and long shots... prefire at hilltop before player is visible... shooting through walls...
Frustrating to make it to the top 10 only to be offed by an obvious hack. I would say that every third death is to a hack lately...
It has definitely gotten worse for me since Jan...but my rankings have also improved, so I am probably just getting matched against more of them.

Last I checked I was top 3% on squad.

If you think some of the comments you disagree with make your head hurt, what sort of headache do you think everyone else has who realizes that there are other reasons to not be into a game other than not being good at it? I can have fun in games I'm not amazing at, I can be bored in games I find to be easy. "Being bad" at a game doesn't mean a game sucks or not.

Well it seems like most people don't even understand the game concept, then are bashing it. Literally the first p
There is a ranking system, if you don't see hackers, you just aren't very good...
They banned 1M hackers in Feb alone and tend to ban 7-15k/day...
No recoil is the most common I have seen, seen plenty of tracking through hills and long shots... prefire at hilltop before player is visible... shooting through walls...
Frustrating to make it to the top 10 only to be offed by an obvious hack. I would say that every third death is to a hack lately...
It has definitely gotten worse for me since Jan...but my rankings have also improved, so I am probably just getting matched against more of them.

Last I checked I was top 3% on squad.

I haven't seen many hackers lately and I'm top 0.1% :/

Well it seems like most people don't even understand the game concept, then are bashing it. Literally the first p

I haven't seen many hackers lately and I'm top 0.1% :/

In what mode and what region.... good to know if you can push through the fodder there is light on the other side.

That said... there is a market to be had selling crates, so long as cheating is lucrative... it will be rampant.

Last edited:
Ok, but that's still not everyone. Hell, I'm surprised I needed to explain that there's a circle to a guy in this thread, obviously that person hasn't paid any attention to shooters in like the last two years. But that doesn't mean everyone falls into that same category.

Back