blu ripping drive

Well, I'm not too knowledgeable on optical drives. But I can say that my Pioneer BDR-209DBK has been used very heavily over the past year, I've ripped some 200+ Blu Rays without issue.

Again, I'm not saying this drive is better than the LG you linked to, just sharing my experience with the BDR-209DBK as far as reliability under heavy use.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Blu-ray readers have basically gotten to the commodity level anymore, it probably doesn't really matter which drive you get.
That one looks farily good, plus it does have the new m-disk support if you want long lived burned discs.

I've been running my LG WH14NS40 since October of 2013. Haven't had a hiccup. Ripped probably 50-60 BluRays.

edit: Correction. Just checked my ISOs folder. 184 rips. (And, come to think of it, I should probably rip the stuff I bought the wife for Christmas.)

LG + MDISC Suport is nice for internal, I also have the white LG external with MDISC support all work great, and I use M DISC for archive/long-term storage too, works awesome.

I've been running my LG WH14NS40 since October of 2013. Haven't had a hiccup. Ripped probably 50-60 BluRays.

edit: Correction. Just checked my ISOs folder. 184 rips. (And, come to think of it, I should probably rip the stuff I bought the wife for Christmas.)

Just bought a second one (for bluray 3 drives total), fantastic drive. Burns dual layer (50GB) as well.

Just bought a second one (for bluray 3 drives total), fantastic drive. Burns dual layer (50GB) as well.

I'm now at 257 rips, with another half dozen or so coming in the mail. Not a single issue with the drive. Highly recommended.

How are the WH14NS40 and BDR-209DBK for dvd rips? I have a UH10LS20 that works amazing for bluray but tends to choke on maybe half the dvd's I try to rip and I'd rather not need two optical drives.

Back