Blu-ray to Offer 5 Free Movies

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Blu-ray is attempting to counter a current special running on the HD-DVD side. Any purchase of a BR device between July 1 and September 30 will also net you 5 free movies.

The five movies can be selected from roughly 20 choices which include Pearl Harbor, Babel, Underworld: Evolution, Transporter 2 and Black Rain.

Pretty cool.

I wish the forum was up whenever the Blockbuster announcement about Blu-ray was up. Is there any way we can make a thread in here for that news? Because that was a HUGE step for blu-ray, and we didn't get to get a discussion going about it. :)

Pretty cool.

I wish the forum was up whenever the Blockbuster announcement about Blu-ray was up. Is there any way we can make a thread in here for that news? Because that was a HUGE step for blu-ray, and we didn't get to get a discussion going about it. :)

Yes indeed it was. Also there were some other bluray breakthroughs, but I don't forward them to steve becuase they seem to turn a deaf ear.... not sure if my PM's aren't going through or if he doesn't care :(

Yes indeed it was. Also there were some other bluray breakthroughs, but I don't forward them to steve becuase they seem to turn a deaf ear.... not sure if my PM's aren't going through or if he doesn't care :(

I have e-mailed the [email protected] with some blu-ray/ps3 news in the past, and one time one of them got posted. I am sure they get alot of e-mails, and they don't have time to go through them all.

Anyways, yeah with the blockbuster deal, I am sorry but I have to declare blu-ray as becoming the majority of the market. I always thought what blockbuster decides will win it, pretty much. I know its still early, but I am going to call it.

The vasr amjority of the movies are dumb, with a handfull of decent ones, and maybe 2 good ones.

I hope the battle wages on for a couple more years, you gotta love price war's. Blockbuster sure did drop a hammer on the HD side though. Maybe Netflix will be next.

HD is the New Beta Max. When I heard Block buster was going to rent Blu Ray, I bought the player the next day.
And it is awesome!!!!:D

I kind of feel sorry for the HDDVD camp. It seemed pretty obvious to me at least that they weren’t going to win from the start.

How many people are going to tell me to not count my eggs until they hatch?

Blu-Ray has more support than HD DVD, that much is certain. But for the next 5 months at least, sales figures will keep bouncing back and forth b/w both camps. It wasn't too long ago that HD DVD was outselling Blu-Ray; I think it was about a month ago or so.

Blu-Ray will fight back for a while, but nothing's for certain at this point.

I wouldn't really consider the PS3 a blue-ray player as some seem to think it is somewhat crippled. I really like the ability to flip a HD-DVD over to allow it to be played on a standard player.

Pretty cool.

Conspiracy!!!!! J/k.

I wouldn't really consider the PS3 a blue-ray player as some seem to think it is somewhat crippled. I really like the ability to flip a HD-DVD over to allow it to be played on a standard player.

The only thing crippled about it is it doesn't include analog outputs for multichannel PCM. It still does MC PCM over HDMI. It's a really good Blu-Ray player.

Oh and it has like a gajillion other features over a standalone. Oh and not all HD DVD disks allow you to flip it and have DVD on the other side. What gave you that idea?

so It looks like the movies you have to choose from are junk that they couldn't give away and can probably be found in the Walmart $5 bin. Way to promote blue-ray idiots. I wouldn't take most of those movies if they were completely free.

so It looks like the movies you have to choose from are junk that they couldn't give away and can probably be found in the Walmart $5 bin. Way to promote blue-ray idiots. I wouldn't take most of those movies if they were completely free.

Have you seen all these movies?

Pearl Harbor was an awesome movie
Babel was an awesome movie
Transporter 2 was a great movie
Underword Evolution was a great movie
Black Rain I can not speak for

Those are just the 5 of the 20. So I don't know where you get your ideas from, but those are popular and good movies, so if you see these in the $5 walmart bin, let me know, I will buy them all.

Yeah, here, Ill sell you this overprice PoS and Ill even let you choose from among a list of PoS movies that are selling like dogshit, as a boost to the wonder that is my overpriced garbage.... look, it even steams!!!! :eek: :p :D

Call me when the drive is $60. And stuff your free movies, Ill pick my own.

Have you seen all these movies?

Pearl Harbor was an awesome movie
Babel was an awesome movie
Transporter 2 was a great movie
Underword Evolution was a great movie
Black Rain I can not speak for

Those are just the 5 of the 20. So I don't know where you get your ideas from, but those are popular and good movies, so if you see these in the $5 walmart bin, let me know, I will buy them all.

Don't forget Ghost Rider :D :cool:

Back