Blu-ray playback issue with latest driver?

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
So I can't watch blu-rays anymore.

quick specs:
Win7x64pro
16gb ram
amd 7870
catalyst 13.9

I have PowerDVD 9 and Nero blu-ray player installed and both worked before. Granted it's been a while since I've watched a blu-ray but I wanted to recently and it won't work.

I've tried two blu-ray drives, Samsung and LG neither work to play them, but it can read them and see them. Yes both have latest firmware.

PowerDVD 9 just won't even start now after I updated it.. not sure what's up with that.

With Nero though it tells me it can't play the disc. I checked the Nero forums and found this in regards to the same exact error I'm getting:

"The latest AMD drivers have an issue which prevents BluRay playback with the current version" they recommend downgrading the drivers but i don't want to really unless I absolutely have to.

Anyone know if this is true?
Anyone else experience this?

I've experience playback issues in the past with powerdvd and total media theater and just went ahead and got a standalone Panasonic bluray player.
That's probably not what what you want to hear, but I'd spend more time trying to get the disc to play than watching it on the standalone player.

I've experience playback issues in the past with powerdvd and total media theater and just went ahead and got a standalone Panasonic bluray player.
That's probably not what what you want to hear, but I'd spend more time trying to get the disc to play than watching it on the standalone player.

I have a stand alone player and a PS3 hooked up to my HDTV...

But I have four monitors on my computer and I like to watch something sometimes while I'm working on the side monitor... I have Netflix and Amazon Prime but everything isn't there to watch, so I pop in a DVD or Blu-ray..

I’ve had PowerDVD for years and the AMD drivers have had issues from time to time. If it’s not too late use a system restore point to go back to the older version or just reinstall. You can try a demo of AnyDVD HD. Sometimes it helps get a troublesome Blu-rays to play. It has a Speedmenu function that replaces the menu and lets you start a movie or episode directly.

I am running Catalyst 13.10 on both my gaming comp and my htpc and they both will play blu-ray disks. I am using powerdvd 12 and this computer has a panisonic blu-ray drive and my htpc has a lg blu-ray drive. I was using Catalyst 13.9 till 13.10 came out and had no problems then either.

Back