blow hole install

Vegasr

Gawd
img0527xw7.jpg

img0526xl2.jpg

img0541aq1.jpg

img0538vu0.jpg

Put a 80mm blow hole in case. Was pretty easy with the right tools. I used a 3 inch hole saw blade and masking tape is a must. I was going to use a dremel but very glad I didn't. The cutting took about 20 secs and then did a little sanding to smooth the edges. The masking tape prevented any real rough edges and help catch some of the shavings.
FYI, aluminum goes everyway so you must clean it out. At first I used my gas leaf blower and then still had to use a damp cloth.
Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity why a 80mm fan? Why not a 90mm or 120mm instead?

I actually think i'm going to be doing this. maybe 1 or 2 120mm.

Can you report on any temperature differences? Maybe ambient temperature difference inside the case?

I, personally, wouldn't do this unless you can feel that the air in the top of your case is noticeably warmer than the air at the bottom (by opening it up and sticking your hand in there or maybe just feeling the metal).

It looks like you did a wonderful job with this one, though. Very clean and neat.

Skott said:
Just out of curiosity why a 80mm fan? Why not a 90mm or 120mm instead?
i was gonna ask the same thing.
dtwhite said:
I, personally, wouldn't do this unless you can feel that the air in the top of your case is noticeably warmer than the air at the bottom (by opening it up and sticking your hand in there or maybe just feeling the metal).

It looks like you did a wonderful job with this one, though. Very clean and neat.
not only because of temps (cuz there may not be that much difference in size) but mostly for NOISE.

i'd rather have a 120 or 92 spinning there rather than an 80. and you def. have the space.

i just put a 92 on mine but i would've done a 120 but space was an issue.

and yes - holesaw ftw.

even tho it may be pricier - it's so much less work...

btw - 120mm fan is 4.75" or 4.5" holesaw.
4.75 is almost exactly 120mm

4.5 would be sufficient hole for the length of the fan blades itself

and 92 millimeters is equal to 3.62 inches.

so a 3.5" hole saw would prolly be the best bet at 88mm

Back