Bloodsport - a poor man's NCASE M1 with watercooling

Just my humble gaming machine happens because I found this case for a good price, the Primo P115

TB2ZbyujVXXXXa_XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2168900088.jpg

Specs:

4690k @ 4.5ghz + CM Seidon 120V
H97I-PLUS
8GB 1600 C7
Galax/KFA2 GTX1060 3GB OC
krpw-sx400w/90+
Crucial MX200 + WD 1TB

The original plan was to fit my 290 and an ATX psu in there but it got too crowded and too hot, as this case's airflow design sucks, no ventilation in the GPU area

D3uOiIc.jpg

nhZTR8O.jpg

so I decided to get an SFX 400W psu and a GTX1060 instead

aDl7WVV.jpg

G1GE8rU.jpg

sleeving an old server 80mm fan

UqON8qC.jpg

The final build

TcJvTnY.jpg

CKZev0K.jpg

as I mentioned this case's design sucks at parts, the GPU height is very restrictive, and even when I'm using a standard height card with extension cables it protrudes over the side panel, so custom acrylic panel came to the rescue
biggrin.png

ZgyRYTA.jpg

TxHtCFG.jpg

I think it looks nice enough consider the case only costs 1/6th the price of an NCASE M1
thanks for vewing
biggrin.png

// will post more pictures and a new custom side panel is coming, thanks

Why do they have to ruin the case by putting the USB ports and power switch at the side?

I don't expect much from a 30$ case :D

Indeed, but putting the ports and buttons where they should be is a zero-cost move. I've guessed an email address at i-primo.com and emailed them about it. Hopefully I've guessed right and it will find someone who can read English.

Quartz said:
Dear Madam or Sir,

I write concerning your Primo P115 case. I may have a need for a PC
case of this size and style later this year so was very interested to
learn of this case. Unfortunately, I see that you have the I/O and the
power and reset buttons going down the right-hand side. Since this
would be against the wall in my use case, I am wondering if you do a
version with the I/O and buttons on the top panel, preferably on the
front top bezel?

Kind regards

i-primo.com said:
We are very pleasure to get you email.

That you metioned I/O interface possioned on top panel or front bezel version, we'll maybe relealse on next new ITX on June.

Please keeping with attention our official webstite

http://www.i-primo.com/

Johson
2017-May-27

As an NCase owner I know what you mean. I was part of the original fund raising and can admit was caught up in the hype. When I finally got the product, I wasn't disappointed though since the fit and finish and attention to detail (all the little washers, nuts, screws and bolts were all included) really showed where they spent the money. Now if I was building a new SFF PC from scratch right at this moment, and given that there are more options on the market nowadays, I'd definitely consider one of these Made In China no-name cases. I've seen the quality improvements over the years in "MIC" products and if you spend a little time researching, you can find a high quality piece for half the price or less of a brand name. Of course you can go super-cheap / super-low-end but that's when you are really taking your chances.

Last edited:
As an NCase owner I know what you mean. I was part of the original fund raising and can admit was caught up in the hype. When I finally got the product, I wasn't disappointed though since the fit and finish and attention to detail (all the little washers, nuts, screws and bolts were all included) really showed where they spent the money. Now if I was building a new SFF PC from scratch right at this moment, and given that there are more options on the market nowadays, I'd definitely consider one of these Made In China no-name cases. I've seen the quality improvements over the years in "MoC" products and if you spend a little time researching, you can find a high quality piece for half the price or less of a brand name. Of course you can go super-cheap / super-low-end but that's when you are really taking your chances.
take a look at Sunmilo cases, they're pretty awesome

take a look at Sunmilo cases, they're pretty awesome

Hey Artemis2307, I registered just to ask this lol, but how's the gpu temp on this case, I'm assuming blower style fan would be the better option right? (I'm planning on getting one for a ryzen system)

And how much did it take to get that acrylic panel done, looks awesome :D

Hey Artemis2307, I registered just to ask this lol, but how's the gpu temp on this case, I'm assuming blower style fan would be the better option right? (I'm planning on getting one for a ryzen system)

And how much did it take to get that acrylic panel done, looks awesome :D

GPU temp is bad I gotta say, and make sure you get the standard height card, the FE is the best option, blower cards doesn't seem to be affected much, but AIB cards are though
my 1060 got to 83C gaming with 7x% fan speed
outside the case it's 5-7C lower
I got access to a laser cutter machine, I made the side panels myself :D
ITX Ryzen build would be awesome, I bought my i5 + mobo right before R5 came out, I guess I gotta stay with it a little bit as I'm too busy to sell them again

GPU temp is bad I gotta say, and make sure you get the standard height card, the FE is the best option, blower cards doesn't seem to be affected much, but AIB cards are though
my 1060 got to 83C gaming with 7x% fan speed
outside the case it's 5-7C lower
I got access to a laser cutter machine, I made the side panels myself :D
ITX Ryzen build would be awesome, I bought my i5 + mobo right before R5 came out, I guess I gotta stay with it a little bit as I'm too busy to sell them again

Thanks for the reply! Hm that sounds worrying haha :D
I'm not planning to use radiator on the front intake so I hope that'd help with the temp.
And I'm thinking of getting the zotac 1070/1080 mini, or the MSI 1070 Aero itx in there actually, but not sure if they will fit height wise.
Anyway I'm hoping the case I'm getting (the p115ea, I think slightly different from yours) might be wider haha
May end up needing to hack the side panel too I suppose lol

Thanks for the reply! Hm that sounds worrying haha :D
I'm not planning to use radiator on the front intake so I hope that'd help with the temp.
And I'm thinking of getting the zotac 1070/1080 mini, or the MSI 1070 Aero itx in there actually, but not sure if they will fit height wise.
Anyway I'm hoping the case I'm getting (the p115ea, I think slightly different from yours) might be wider haha
May end up needing to hack the side panel too I suppose lol
the zotac mini fits but the AERO might not though, it's taller than standard
it'd be sad to cut the aluminium panel, I would not do that :D

the zotac mini fits but the AERO might not though, it's taller than standard
it'd be sad to cut the aluminium panel, I would not do that :D

Haha we'll see how it goes I guess. Maybe it just fits inside, or only require minor cut tp the acrylic panels (I hope! :D )

I'm in to this case.
Where did you find it?
I'm looking right now.
Super cool build man, thanks for sharing.

Why do they have to ruin the case by putting the USB ports and power switch at the side?

That's subjective, I like it that way. 1000x better than on the top.

Last edited:
Back