BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Here's a question about runes - are they all the same? For instance, I had 3-5 versions of several by the end of the game. Are there hidden differences or are they just designed so people can stack the same ones?

Theres different ranks of the same rune. For example you can have a single rune that gives +10% blood echoes then +20% then +30% etc.. Not sure if they stack though.

F! Logarius... so damn frustrating... he's either machine gun spamming his magic and I can't get close or he spam's the other attacks and dodges. May just forget about this side moron. haha

Logarius was one of the few fights where I didn't 2-hand. Best advice I can give is to keep rolling toward him, give him 2-4 quick slashes when you get close, and try to stay full health as often as you can. He does hefty damage, so don't risk staying low in life for long. Don't be afraid to run like hell and hide in order to heal.

Beat those 3 shadow bosses at the bottom of Forgotten Wood. I ran away a lot, rolled and dodged, hit and run. Healed every chance I could. They weren't that tough, but it took me 7 or 10 attempts to figure them out. The hardest thing was there being 3 of them.

But then I walked on down the road and found these big flying insect looking creatures. Now these guys are tough. Especially when more than one are on ya. Their frenzy attack will take 7/8 of my health, if not kill me outright. And worst of all they haven't dropped anything. I need some Chunks to upgrade this Ax of mine. I don't need to be fighting intensely difficult monsters that don't drop squat.

I was thinking I might be in the wrong area for my level. Kind of like wandering into the Catacombs early on in Dark Souls

You should have gotten a summons letter that asks you to go to Hemwick. There you will find a transport.
Try going there next.
Or you can trek through the forest a few times with other people and help them in their game, while you collect blood blood blood and level up some more. Use the bell anywhere in the forest, but the first lamp(by the shack shortcut and little bridge) and just before the boss fight should get you in someones game real quick.

You should have gotten a summons letter that asks you to go to Hemwick. There you will find a transport.
Try going there next.
Or you can trek through the forest a few times with other people and help them in their game, while you collect blood blood blood and level up some more. Use the bell anywhere in the forest, but the first lamp(by the shack shortcut and little bridge) and just before the boss fight should get you in someones game real quick.

I missed Cainhurst castle entirely the first time around. After someone mentioned it in here, I did finally visit it in NG+. During NG++ when I was in the forest, the shortcut that goes back to the beginning clinic was fogged off. Anyone know what triggers the removal of that fog? It's right behind where the caged dogs are in the forest.

Try going there next.

Yea I am definitely in the wrong place for my level and ability. If I got a summons I missed it, which is entirely possible. So tonight I'll head for Hemwick see what turns up there. What I really would like is to kill something that drops Chunks. I have yet to see any in the game at all, and these Shards have been useless for quite a while now.

I missed Cainhurst castle entirely the first time around. After someone mentioned it in here, I did finally visit it in NG+. During NG++ when I was in the forest, the shortcut that goes back to the beginning clinic was fogged off. Anyone know what triggers the removal of that fog? It's right behind where the caged dogs are in the forest.

that's strange...never heard of a fog door blocking that area...I thought you could enter that area at any time, with the only difference being whether it's before or after the Red Moon

that's strange...never heard of a fog door blocking that area...I thought you could enter that area at any time, with the only difference being whether it's before or after the Red Moon

Yeah, very strange because I didn't see it the first and second times through.

Another place I've seen that unpassable fog is the Darkbeast Paarl one from the Yarghul's Chapel side. It wasn't there when I played through on NG, but it was there on NG+ and NG++. I think it probably depends on what stage you're at with the moon and with the defeat of the boss of the Yarghul area.

I went to Hemwick. Doesn't seem to be much happening there. Just cleared everyone out and that was all.

Visited Byrgenwerth again and did much better against those big flying bugs. Beat some ninja hunter, went upstairs and greeted the Bishop looking dude in the rocking chair. Read the lore laying around. I really don't know what I am suppose to be doing in this game, other than explore around killing monsters.

I went to Hemwick. Doesn't seem to be much happening there. Just cleared everyone out and that was all.

Visited Byrgenwerth again and did much better against those big flying bugs. Beat some ninja hunter, went upstairs and greeted the Bishop looking dude in the rocking chair. Read the lore laying around. I really don't know what I am suppose to be doing in this game, other than explore around killing monsters.

Look at the where the Bishop looking dude is pointing. Head in that direction.

Yeah, very strange because I didn't see it the first and second times through.

Another place I've seen that unpassable fog is the Darkbeast Paarl one from the Yarghul's Chapel side. It wasn't there when I played through on NG, but it was there on NG+ and NG++. I think it probably depends on what stage you're at with the moon and with the defeat of the boss of the Yarghul area.

I'm pretty sure Rom is the trigger, in other words, when blood moon hits. Oh and the Yhargul fog door that closes, closes when Hypogeon Gaol is no longer accessible.

I should have said to check your items first. You should have probably picked up a "summons" letter, by now I think. Thats the first hint, the letter tells you the exact spot in Hemwick to go to. Maybe you don't have it yet, but it looks like you have a few more places to go now. BTW, the bishop only mumbles and nothing else. He's useless. Kill him for his drop before continuing. Oh, and spend whatever you are carrying. You are about to die.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Rom is the trigger, in other words, when blood moon hits. Oh and the Yhargul fog door that closes, closes when Hypogeon Gaol is no longer accessible.

I should have said to check your items first. You should have probably picked up a "summons" letter, by now I think. Thats the first hint, the letter tells you the exact spot in Hemwick to go to. Maybe you don't have it yet, but it looks like you have a few more places to go now. BTW, the bishop only mumbles and nothing else. He's useless. Kill him for his drop before continuing. Oh, and spend whatever you are carrying. You are about to die.

Spend everything I am about to die, lol. So What else Is new? I went back to the Cath Ward looking for that huntress, but she wasn't there. There is a new beat up looking citizen by the broken cart, and the big hanging boss with the human hands is outside the chapel now. Also the gold hunter in Oedon's tomb has gone and the lamp is working again.

Spend everything I am about to die, lol. So What else Is new? I went back to the Cath Ward looking for that huntress, but she wasn't there. There is a new beat up looking citizen by the broken cart, and the big hanging boss with the human hands is outside the chapel now. Also the gold hunter in Oedon's tomb has gone and the lamp is working again.

Oh so you beat the boss(unless you have over 40 insight... Is the moon in Yharnam red now?).
That was a big trigger for a few things, so yeah you are blood moon time now. Which also means, some things you wont be able to do anymore, like that tomb fight. He's gone, which means the person you could have met there, moved to another location and is now hostile to you. Try to teleport to to the Grand Cathedral lamp. If you can't anymore, then someone is there waiting for you.

Get ready. The game is going to turn shit up to 11 now. Make sure you got that stone in the forest, cause now its time to go where that Amygdala blocked you from progressing.

I'm pretty sure Rom is the trigger, in other words, when blood moon hits

the only thing that changes as far as Iosefka's clinic after the Blood Moon is whether Iosefka is alive or dead...there shouldn't be any fog door blocking that shortcut at any time

the only thing that changes as far as Iosefka's clinic after the Blood Moon is whether Iosefka is alive or dead...there shouldn't be any fog door blocking that shortcut at any time

I've never seen that path closed, but the Rom battle triggers so many things, I'm assuming thats it. Maybe Hypogeon Gaol access has something to do with it like that other fog door? I doubt it...
He can test it since he is at that exact spot in his game though.

Last I looked at the moon it was full but white.

Amygdalas become permanently visible after Rom/blood moon, so you must have more than 40 insight(why you can see them now, before killing Rom).
You probably figured it out from my last post, Rom is the trigger for all of that, so if hes still alive, go back and do that side quest at Tomb Oedon, since you will lose the chance permanently, after you kill him.

Last edited:
Got Rom down 1/3 on my first try. Using fire paper on my Ax. Maybe bolt would work better.

If you have Tonitrus, use it on Rom, it's strong against him with the lightning effect. He was a bitch to fight, first run I did really well... then took another 10 plus... that last phase is tough to hang in there on but it's a good victory when you get through it.

I'm still getting my @ss kicked by Logarius, left my ps4 on all night trying to get the memory leak and log him into limited action, nope, lol.. bastard machine guns me with skulls across and skull explosions... I'm out of echoes, vials and bullets... done with him for now, moving on to the next area, not fun at this point, lol.

If you have Tonitrus, use it on Rom, it's strong against him with the lightning effect. He was a bitch to fight, first run I did really well... then took another 10 plus... that last phase is tough to hang in there on but it's a good victory when you get through it.

I'm still getting my @ss kicked by Logarius, left my ps4 on all night trying to get the memory leak and log him into limited action, nope, lol.. bastard machine guns me with skulls across and skull explosions... I'm out of echoes, vials and bullets... done with him for now, moving on to the next area, not fun at this point, lol.

I think they fixed the memory leak bug in the last patch.

Why don't you try summoning?

I hate the brain suckers. They are the worst enemy. Steal insight uggh.. I lost like 8 in the upper cathedral ward. One was spamming it's AOE stun in a tight hallway, and it caught me like every time. I got caught fell to the floor then it would cast it again as I was standing and it would catch me again. Worst enemy in the game for me so far for me. I thought there was suppose to be a way to break free from it's grasp but even after spamming the buttons nothing seemed to let me break free early.

When you see the scurrying beast in a narrow hallway ignore it and don't chase it cause there is a brain sucker hiding at the end of the hallway. Just let it disappear and kill the brain sucker. Then go to the menu exit the game and then come back and the little beast will be there and kill it with no trouble and get 2 chunks :)

I think they fixed the memory leak bug in the last patch.

Why don't you try summoning?

Bummer! I did try a summons in on the first attempt, was happy... but the person helping died within a minute of the start of the fight. The best I've got the boss down is to the second stage and the raining swords crap happens...

Rom and the Chikage sword guy were tricky in their own ways and took a few tries... but this ahole Logarius is spamming his powers pretty damn fast on my attempts.

I do have a +7 blade of mercy and I'm level 58, may level up some doing late half of Yarhargal.

Once again had to summon help to deal with Vicar Amelia. That boss is my Achilles heel. I never had to summon help a single other time in the whole game, but I just can't deal with that enemy alone. On both passes I nearly won on my first try, but subsequent efforts went downhill. With another person I feel like I can finally see what's going on without all of the chaos of her hair.
On NG+, I'm back to cruising after beating her. I steamrolled the witch area and am halfway done with the woods, too. I'm guessing the frametime issues with this game just couldn't be fixed. Even after a couple patches, playing the same with smoothmotion on is still a total mess.

Finally got past the Forbidden Woods. Hated this area, snake heads kept destroying me.

Boss battle was amazing, definitely my favorite so far.

Just completed the Forbidden Wood myself on NG+. Like most things, it's much easier once you know how to approach it. I remember being overwhelmed on my first pass. This time I ended up clearing everything in a single pass. Still need to fight the boss, but I think I'll be fine.
In dealing with the snakes this time, I'm using the f+strong attack followed by a back dodge and then doing it again. In NG+ I can't 1-shot much of anything, so that's working pretty well.

I hate the brain suckers. They are the worst enemy. Steal insight uggh.. I lost like 8 in the upper cathedral ward. One was spamming it's AOE stun in a tight hallway, and it caught me like every time. I got caught fell to the floor then it would cast it again as I was standing and it would catch me again. Worst enemy in the game for me so far for me. I thought there was suppose to be a way to break free from it's grasp but even after spamming the buttons nothing seemed to let me break free early

I hated those brain suckers as well...they aren't too bad in an open area but in a tight space they can be a pain...they don't look hard to defeat but the way they can paralyze you with that beam is hard to dodge in tight quarters...then they grab you and do it again multiple times before you have a chance to get away

I had one of those brain suckers put me in a loop and steal something like 16 insights from me...and then he killed me off, too. The large church in Upper Yarnham is full of those bastards.

I had one of those brain suckers put me in a loop and steal something like 16 insights from me...and then he killed me off, too. The large church in Upper Yarnham is full of those bastards.

That was almost my fate also, but instead of immediately attacking when I was getting up, I spammed heal then roll. That didn't work, so I spammed heal then attack, and got one hit before he caught me and did that same pattern and I out lasted him barely. One heal one hit combo vs his one brain suck + massive damage combo, I didn't think I'd make it but just barely did.

Bummer! I did try a summons in on the first attempt, was happy... but the person helping died within a minute of the start of the fight. The best I've got the boss down is to the second stage and the raining swords crap happens...

Rom and the Chikage sword guy were tricky in their own ways and took a few tries... but this ahole Logarius is spamming his powers pretty damn fast on my attempts.

I do have a +7 blade of mercy and I'm level 58, may level up some doing late half of Yarhargal.

Next time you summon someone at the boss, greet them, then sit down. They'll get the hint that you'd like to wait for a second summon.

Rom is stupid hard. Get her down to 1/3 health and every time I get AOEed or her minion spiders spam me to death. So much fun!:D

I have found a boss that is kicking my rear all over the place, Ebrietas. I mean wow I died 20 times now to it. And it usually just one shots me at some point, I got it as far as 1/4 HP left and somehow something just 1 shots me. Lasers, a charge you can't dodge or it one shots you. From Software are sadists. I was lulled into a false sense of security thinking I might be way over leveled after the last boss fight but nope. ;)

What I remember of Ebrietas was that staying as far away as possible was the best strategy. It'll eventually try that move where it falls on you and it's wide open for a charge and potentially visceral attack afterward. That's one of those fights where you can make it very hard if you try and attack/dodge most things, but you can simplify it if you just retreat and wait for it to do it's one stupid attack.
I do remember that it gains some sort of long range laser later in the bout, but I believe you can dodge it by running forward and dodging forward.

Back