BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Okay guys, I bit. Bloodborne is going for 59.99 right now and I had $46 credit from trade ins to bestbuy ($70 GC traded in for PSN cards). I guess $14 for the game isn't too bad!

Ok found them on the steps =) So much stuff just crawling out of the floor....

This game looks loads better then Dark Souls II as far as textures it's not nearly as Dark as all the videos even on a IPS panel.

Think I'm done playing till my Vacation =) Otherwise I'll have such bad tunnel vision if I'm playing this to death.

The guy is excited leave him alone.
or maybe you guys can skip over his posts?
God, the laziness in this world......

The guy is excited leave him alone.
or maybe you guys can skip over his posts?
God, the laziness in this world......

Yeah, it's the laziness.

On topic - any real discernible difference between the various traits you pick from the start? Does the Noble Scion actually improve gun play noticeably?

Ok, can someoen explain the controls to me? Is there no more jump?

How do you leave a message/rate them? the button prompt looks like...well no button I bloody know of, it's like a gold colored button with a tiny joystick on the top, I tried every button press when reading a message for the "fine" or "foul" rating and nothing worked.

Even with an SSD and a digital copy (500GB 850 Evo), it is still taking about 30 seconds to load after death. This is while connected online, no idea if it is shorter offline.

I don't think the load times are that long with the regular HDD drive I might play some more tonight..... Game is weird I'll give you that.

So... I've "beaten" two bosses. the first guy got stuck on some geometry, so long weapons worked.

second guy clipped through a wall and vanished, 25 seconds later his health bar went from 80% to 0 and said i defeated him.

IM SUCH A PRO!

Load time sfor me are around 40-50 seconds.

That is quite a bit longer then what I'm used to on the pc with an ssd (usually <5 seconds).

Figured out how to rate message sna dthings, is the touchpad, you click on the left side to rate good and right side to rate bad.

Also can you safely uit the game or do you need to go back to hunters dream in order to save your souls?

So... I've "beaten" two bosses. the first guy got stuck on some geometry, so long weapons worked.

second guy clipped through a wall and vanished, 25 seconds later his health bar went from 80% to 0 and said i defeated him.

IM SUCH A PRO!

Damn, big ballin'

whats an easy way to get blood vials? Do I need to farm for 20 minutes after each attempt at a boss?

Even with an SSD and a digital copy (500GB 850 Evo), it is still taking about 30 seconds to load after death. This is while connected online, no idea if it is shorter offline.

Not sure on the 30 seconds,but maybe 20?

I'm using an sshd.

If you think these load times are long, wait till you load up GTA V

whats an easy way to get blood vials? Do I need to farm for 20 minutes after each attempt at a boss?

You can buy , repair and upgrade everything at the hunters dream. Blood Vials cost like 180 a piece. Look to the left of the doll.

Just remember that the worlds repopulate every time you go back. Originally i thought this sucked, but it makes you strategize how you play. Making the difficulty much higher.

from what I've read this game doesn't sound like newcomers can just easily jump in and play without having played 1 or more of the previous Souls games...the whole gun-is-really-only-for parrying/stunning enemies sounds like it would only make sense to Souls veterans...same with the new fast paced gameplay...newbies are going to have a hell of a learning curve much moreso then any previous game in the series

Last edited:
from what I've read this game doesn't sound like newcomers can just easily jump in and play without having played 1 or more of the previous Souls games...the whole gun-is-really-only-for parrying/stunning enemies sounds like it would only make sense to Souls veterans...same with the new fast paced gameplay...newbies are going to have a hell of a learning curve much moreso then any previous game in the series

I can relate to this..

I've only played maybe an hour of Dark Souls 1 and 2 combined. I just randomly picked up the controller here and there with friends and I died quickly...and they laughed lol.

About 5 hours in and 30 plus deaths,I still haven't beat the Cleric beast. LOL

But hey, I'm getting better! I'm taking longer to die now :p

Using the axe extended mostly.

I can relate to this..

I've only played maybe an hour of Dark Souls 1 and 2 combined. I just randomly picked up the controller here and there with friends and I died quickly...and they laughed lol.

About 5 hours in and 30 plus deaths,I still haven't beat the Cleric beast. LOL

But hey, I'm getting better! I'm taking longer to die now :p

Using the axe extended mostly.

i almost killed cleric beast on first attempt last night...just watch his pattern for a few min. He's easy to figure out

You can buy , repair and upgrade everything at the hunters dream. Blood Vials cost like 180 a piece. Look to the left of the doll.

Just remember that the worlds repopulate every time you go back. Originally i thought this sucked, but it makes you strategize how you play. Making the difficulty much higher.

Just curious as I've played souls 2 on PC (some of souls 1). Do the enemies stop spawning after a certain number of kills (like in Souls 2) to prevent farming?

i almost killed cleric beast on first attempt last night...just watch his pattern for a few min. He's easy to figure out

I've always been an aggressive fighter in games yet lacked defense.

I have to chill a bit..

It seems the Cleric Beast has about 5 or so different attacks.

I've gotten him to half health and then he jumped and it seems to follow you.

The first jump was an easy dodge. 0_O

Just curious as I've played souls 2 on PC (some of souls 1). Do the enemies stop spawning after a certain number of kills (like in Souls 2) to prevent farming?

I don't think so. From what I've seen, they keep respawning. However, you have to go back to the safe zone in order to upgrade, which means every time you do this and teleport back, they'll be there. So you can buy health potions aka "Blood Vials" and then use them up before you really wanted to use them, because you had to back track, unless you tele from a new check point..

There are lanterns instead of campfires that are checkpoints if you will. You teleport back to the "Hunters Dream". A random house/mansion on a hill. With repairs, upgrades, items etc....

Is the guy in the wheelchair suppose to disappear or did my brother kill him?

Might have to start over....

LOL, one thing vets always told me, was NEVER kill the npcs that are there to help you. Not sure

LOL, one thing vets always told me, was NEVER kill the npcs that are there to help you. Not sure

That's pretty good advice. Only on subsequent playthroughs where you already know what you're doing and have a specific reason for killing them would it be advisable. Example, in prior Souls games, some of the vendors you encounter early on might have let's say a nice weapon you get if you kill them, but then you're obviously killing the ability to buy any of the items they were selling - some of which may be unique - and thus you could regret it later.

Generally speaking, these game are designed to be beaten without needing to kill any of the friendly NPC's and acquire their items, but the freedom is there.

Last edited:

Yeah, might as well start over if its the first playthrough.
Killing NPC's is definitely an endgame activity, after you've used them for all their worth. If one is so inclined...

yes always keep NPC's alive...you never know what help they may be down the line...I always hesitate for a fraction of a second when encountering new people in a Souls game...wait for them to attack first before killing them

This game isn't Hard it's stupid Hard where you are going to give up cause it's way to hard. You can't run past the MOBS you have to fight them cause there are 3 dogs on the stair case. You thought the regular dogs were hard in Dark Soul these dogs suck! Everything moves like x4 times as fast.

Not even sure how much I will enjoy this game think I'm going to look for the Lantern spots cause I keept dying cause I hate fighting the same enemies over again.

Then I go down this well or stair case there are these super Hard guys who knock half of your life away in one hit but there are two of them you can't roll any where.

I'm not a expert at souls games I'm casual but not sure how much of this I can take.

I'm really tired maybe I just need to let this sink in been up 22 hour straight my reflexes are shot.
From Software must of been on some good stuff while making this game like zero sun and lots of worshiping Dark objects.

picked up Bloodborne earlier today from GameStop...now I just have to wait till tomorrow to receive my PS4 from Amazon.. :cool:

I'm really trying to enjoy this game, but the aliasing coupled with the low frame rate is horrendous. :mad:

Back