BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Making a good game isn't rocket science you add a few elements of surprise and Ah Ha moments you pretty much can impress anyone. I've been playing From Software games since King's Field 1st person Hack n Slash game a really cool game basically the game has the same surprise elements with loot and monsters as the Souls series has except it's just modernized a bit with updated graphics sounds and suspense in boss fights.

What is different from King's Field and Bloodborne? Not much..... it's the same game you will only react with whatever stuff you have in your head and what the developer wants you to see.
I'll see how Bloodborne pans out next week....

You seem to have the formula down pat. Why don't you work for a company and drop that line during a meeting.

Everything is easier said than done.

What is different from King's Field and Bloodborne? Not much..... it's the same game you will only react with whatever stuff you have in your head and what the developer wants you to see.

You got this nailed, people can barely tell the two games apart:

KingsField04.jpg

Monster on the screen, creepy setting, loot to collect, status bars in the top left... Almost the same game. Hell it looks like Bloodborne is regressing because it doesn't even have a compass like King's Field does. They should have just made King's Field run in 1080P and released that :

Side note: King's Field was great.

Last edited:
time of day changes confirmed. they don't change in real time but will have the chance to be different each time you visit from the hub area. i.e. Central Yharnam is daytime > warp back to Hunter's Refuge > Warp back to Central Yharnam and now it's night time, or w/e

I was wondering why it's so damn dark in some aspects of the game while it's lighter in others.

They're pitching this as a bit of a blockbuster-style title. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they can't even get out of the first area. At least assuming they stick to the Soul'ish difficulty level.

there seems to be confusion as to when the review embargo lifts...people are now stating that it won't be today...some claiming next Monday (March 23)

Making a good game isn't rocket science you add a few elements of surprise and Ah Ha moments you pretty much can impress anyone. I've been playing From Software games since King's Field 1st person Hack n Slash game a really cool game basically the game has the same surprise elements with loot and monsters as the Souls series has except it's just modernized a bit with updated graphics sounds and suspense in boss fights.

Sorry but this gave me a good chuckle.

Let me paraphrase...

"Climbing Mt. Everest isn't hard....all you have to do is climb the Mountain".

A bunch of press preview impressions:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1011286

Regarding the day and night cycle, I'm guessing the areas are more dangerous at night.

And it sounds like the gameplay is considerably faster than souls games.

reading some of the impressions is refreshing. The one thing, and probably what made Souls a Souls game that I hated was the trial & error bullshit and basically 'turtling' to win -- these are aspects of the game that I can't believe people actually enjoy, none of my friends do but apparently the internet does. Bloodborne sounds like it is much more about killing shit than being killed by shit.

it's definitely interesting in that they're basically taking out the STR/shield build and making everyone play as a DEX character...I liked STR and DEX equally in Dark Souls but I much preferred STR for Dark Souls 2...even when I played a DEX character in DS1 I still liked using a shield...having to use directional rolls instead of a shield is something I never liked or used in the Souls series so this is an interesting change

it's definitely interesting in that they're basically taking out the STR/shield build and making everyone play as a DEX character...I liked STR and DEX equally in Dark Souls but I much preferred STR for Dark Souls 2...even when I played a DEX character in DS1 I still liked using a shield...having to use directional rolls instead of a shield is something I never liked or used in the Souls series so this is an interesting change

I basically play the exact opposite. I am constanlty moving, dodging and rolling around. I tried some of the turtle builds but found them incredibly boring, albeit effective.

I typically only used the shield when facing foes for the first few encounters to help learn how to fight them and then I would rely on dodging and two handing as it was much more effective. Removing that crutch could make things more intense.

reading some of the impressions is refreshing. The one thing, and probably what made Souls a Souls game that I hated was the trial & error bullshit and basically 'turtling' to win -- these are aspects of the game that I can't believe people actually enjoy, none of my friends do but apparently the internet does. Bloodborne sounds like it is much more about killing shit than being killed by shit.

Yeah I only play games I can win on my first try. Fucking learning how to play bullshit, that's such a waste of time I should just be able to kill stuff and turn my brain off :rolleyes:

I basically play the exact opposite. I am constanlty moving, dodging and rolling around. I tried some of the turtle builds but found them incredibly boring, albeit effective.

Same here. Going back to Demon's Souls even. I like to move around.

from the Eurogamer preview...

"As with the Souls games, you'll drop your primary resource upon death at the spot in which you died, but in Bloodborne, a nearby enemy will sometimes snatch up your Blood Echoes before you manage to return to the spot to retrieve them...In that instance, you'll have to kill that enemy in order to restore the Blood Echoes you had previously collected, rather than simply touching a telltale pool of blood on the ground"

nice change of pace from the usual blood stain mechanic!

I typically only used the shield when facing foes for the first few encounters to help learn how to fight them and then I would rely on dodging and two handing as it was much more effective. Removing that crutch could make things more intense.

Yeah I only play games I can win on my first try. Fucking learning how to play bullshit, that's such a waste of time I should just be able to kill stuff and turn my brain off :rolleyes:

Yes because walking around a corner and falling into a pit, that is only known by falling into it and dying and having to do an hours worth of traversal is fun right? :rolleyes:

The dark souls games are not hard. They are patience and trial & error simulators. Bloodborne appears to be a break away from that mold and that sounds great to me.

I know it's not cool to criticize Bloodborne...but...anyone else feel From Software is dumbing things down a bit by eliminating magic and STR builds?...forcing everyone to play the same DEX style seems very un-Souls like...game is apparently also shorter then Dark Souls and I'm not sure if the replayability will be the same...still should be an amazing game but certain elements seem 'strange'

Well I preordered digitally, hoping the speed increase makes it more enjoyable lol

Can't wait Next week will be here before you know it.

I've only been to Gamestop once before that and that was for Destiny.

Getting a Hard copies for console games is a No brainer.

I know it's not cool to criticize Bloodborne...but...anyone else feel From Software is dumbing things down a bit by eliminating magic and STR builds?...forcing everyone to play the same DEX style seems very un-Souls like...game is apparently also shorter then Dark Souls and I'm not sure if the replayability will be the same...still should be an amazing game but certain elements seem 'strange'

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I think there are new character customizations that will take the place of the souls games str, dex, faith, magic styles.

They are just trying to mix it up a little. I'd be worried if it wasn't a game from the masters. :cool:

Look at poor Elderscrolls. That series has become dumbed down. I actually never played Skyrim, and I put hundreds of hours into both Morrowind and Oscuro Oblivion.

Yep. That is ONE of the very few perks of console gaming -- reselling games that you have no intention to ever play again.

I used to think so but he digital sales have not been bad. They aren't Steam level quite yet but they are comparable to some B&M and online sales it just doesn't happen as often. It doesn't hurt that my PS4/Xbone are on top of my entertainment center all the way in the back hidden.

This is the first game I've bought full price in a year.

I'm hoping at the HUB where the Gravestones are like Demon Souls that there is a level theme variation in the Maps.

I'm coming over to your house to play Bloodborne...I'll leave when I finish the game :eek: :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWER8hfOG0

This video has some gameplay I haven't seen

very informative video...thanks for the link...glad to hear the game is harder then both DS1 and Demon's Souls...less lanterns (bonfires) and when you summon help you automatically summon pvp invaders is also a great touch...the summoning aspect of the Souls games always felt like a cheat to me so I'm glad they're trying to balance things out more

As long as the blood doesn't go directly to Dracula or some screwed up Twilight Fans.

do all new purchases of a PS4 come with a free 2 week subscription to PS+?

I just got a another one a week or so ago for this game and mine did. Though I purchased Plus anyway as I have friends that play MP games on PS4.

Arcane and Bloodtinge.
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/stats

Weapons and certain items scale off those 2 stats.

Yes because walking around a corner and falling into a pit, that is only known by falling into it and dying and having to do an hours worth of traversal is fun right? :rolleyes:

The dark souls games are not hard. They are patience and trial & error simulators. Bloodborne appears to be a break away from that mold and that sounds great to me.

Strongly disagree and I bet most other gamers would agree...If Dark Souls isn't challenging/hard then what is?

ANYTHING challenging is trial and error, almost by definition. How the hell can you have a challenging game and have it NOT be trial and error? haha

I can think of at least a half dozen bosses that are VERY difficult and just require good timing and practice. There's loads of facets of DS games that make them challenging and honestly very few instances of a "trap door" type scenario.

I'm going to wait for impressions on forums. It looks good (minus the obvious AA issues eww...) but with a remastered Dark Souls 2 coming if BB isn't anything but a weird Drac spin off story with lesser gameplay then I'll pass.

Back