Blocked ports?

bob

2[H]4U
Ive had my Pfsense rig up and running for a full 7 days before I started having issues. I figured it was the router, after some fiddling I couldnt find any good reason for the things that were going on.

- FTP wont connect, ive tried four different sites in two different programs, router disconnected and connected. No go either way.

- VPN wont do a damn thing outside of WAN, nobody can connect. I can connect from any pc on my LAN (IPSEC). Hamachi still seems to work, but in my opinion hamachi is a useless peice of crap.

- Http/Ftp can no longer be accessed, ive tried moving http to port 8080, FTP to 2121... Nothing. Everything works beautifully on the LAN, outside... nothing. Filezilla and apache are set to bind to all and any IP addresses.

FTP (Filezilla server) and Http (Apache 2.x.x) worked great for about a week, and suddenly stopped. Since everything worked fine over hamatchi and from inside my LAN, I assumed comcast blocked a few things. It now seems that nothing is working. Most frustraiting is my inability to connect to any FTP sites, regardless of what I have or dont have plugged in. Ive ran this same setup for nearly three years, most of it on my old isp which didnt mind. Its not like im moving any noticable amount of traffic, only one or two users for it all, and the traffic to and from it averaged about 36Kbps.

--
OK... I just ran an online port scan test, its showing that I have a service on port 80, but nothing on 21. Im not really sure what to think.

Any ideas what I should look into? Id rather not call up comcast, as they seem to be very limited on knowledge and beleive every problem can be solved by power cycling.

i would assume when you are creating NATs on the nat page, you are allowing pfsnse to automatically create a rule for the nat? if not, this is probably some of your problem.

second, ftp should be as simple as forwarding port 20:21 back to the computer that hosts your ftp server.

vpn, i would need much more information about what you have configured before i could offer any advice on this.

http, again, it should either be forwarded or not. hit me up on aim and i can help you sort it out.

finaly, if your trying to use your outside ip address, from inside your lan, thats not going to work. lan computers access lan ips, and internet hosts access the firewalls outside ip (and services thru the nats).

Back