Blockchain Startup Takes $11, Leaves Penis

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In a report yesterday, blockchain start up "The Prodeum Project," whose goal was to "revolutionize the fruit and vegetable industry" with Ethereumhas apparently absconded with millions of investor dollars. Upon exiting with the investors money, the website went offline, ad was replaced with one word: "Penis." The companies press release detailing the project is still online.

I really need to come up with some half-baked idea and slap "blockchain" in it so investors give me millions. This article also states that other digital fingerprints of the crypto-team's former existence are being scrubbed from the web. Webpages from TokennDesk, a Linkedin profile, twitter handle, and even a blog post on Medium have all been deleted. One could say a lot of people got the...shaft.

Startup company Prodeum.io is about to revolutionize the fruit and vegetable industry with the use of Ethereum blockchain technology. The goal is to overhaul the Price Look-up (PLU) labeling process which is currently used solely for inventory and pricing purposes. But if Prodeum has its way, an advanced form of PLU labeling, called aPLU (Advanced Price Look-up) will provide incredibly useful information to consumers about the produce they are purchasing.

Last edited:
I invest in BTC and only BTC. I never invest in ICO's or Tokens period. For the one reason someone can control it or take it. Seriously people that lose all this money in ICO's and Tokens deserve it. They never read the fine details. First understand what blockchain is and know its decentralized. ICO's and Tokens are not decentralized so guess what the people that start them can run away with your money at anytime. These altcoins and ICO's and tokens are giving crytocurrency a bad name. I would swear some governments are behind them just too make them and cryto's all seem bad so no one will invest in them. In the course of 5 years in BTC, I have wiped out my debt, bought a new house, new car, and I am doing very well.

I invest in BTC and only BTC. I never invest in ICO's or Tokens period. For the one reason someone can control it or take it. Seriously people that lose all this money in ICO's and Tokens deserve it. They never read the fine details. First understand what blockchain is and know its decentralized. ICO's and Tokens are not decentralized so guess what the people that start them can run away with your money at anytime. These altcoins and ICO's and tokens are giving crytocurrency a bad name. I would swear some governments are behind them just too make them and cryto's all seem bad so no one will invest in them. In the course of 5 years in BTC, I have wiped out my debt, bought a new house, new car, and I am doing very well.
I'm glad to hear it. As with any investing, buyer beware. There are plenty of ways to make money just do research and it's all a bet, so only bet what you can lose. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. ICO is a good way to scam because most of them are just forward looking statements, so you can say about anything.

Penis? I'll have to remember that the next time I need to take a leak. Hilarious.

I'm glad to hear it. As with any investing, buyer beware. There are plenty of ways to make money just do research and it's all a bet, so only bet what you can lose. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. ICO is a good way to scam because most of them are just forward looking statements, so you can say about anything.

THIS! People get greedy and let their logic fail them. It's sad but true that people let themselves go crazy like this.

Tulips, blue-sky stock, this, the cycle never ends. But even smart people cab get conned, my parents once fell for a really slick oil drilling scam, I warned them it sounded a little too good, but hey I was just their "kid." A lot of people lost on that one (and the guy doing it had a legitimate track record, but this time he took the money and moved to S. America). At least it was a tax write off, I'm not sure in the US but I gather in the UK if you lose to this kind of crypto scam no write off.

In a report yesterday, blockchain start up "The Prodeum Project," whose goal was to "revolutionize the fruit and vegetable industry" with Ethereumhas apparently absconded with millions of investor dollars. Upon exiting with the investors money, the website went offline, ad was replaced with one word: "Penis." The companies press release detailing the project is still online.

I really need to come up with some half-baked idea and slap "blockchain" in it so investors give me millions. This article also states that other digital fingerprints of the crypto-team's former existence are being scrubbed from the web. Webpages from TokennDesk, a Linkedin profile, twitter handle, and even a blog post on Medium have all been deleted. One could say a lot of people got the...shaft.

Startup company Prodeum.io is about to revolutionize the fruit and vegetable industry with the use of Ethereum blockchain technology. The goal is to overhaul the Price Look-up (PLU) labeling process which is currently used solely for inventory and pricing purposes. But if Prodeum has its way, an advanced form of PLU labeling, called aPLU (Advanced Price Look-up) will provide incredibly useful information to consumers about the produce they are purchasing.
Discusssion ...TokennDesk. did you spill some sugary beverages on your keyboard lately.

So they got $11, or $11 per backer , if they ended up with 200 backers that's $2200 , in the article it says something about $3000. How did it become millions. Did the culprit use his 3000 to but bitcoin when it was cheap and sell it for 17000?

I have a great new idea bla bla bla , insert BLOCKCHAIN here & there , it will be the best 100%, your money is kept safe through BlockChain technology, nothing can happen but you can only win, with BLOCKCHAIN !!!

Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain Blockchain.

Post this on reddit, and bet you will find some algo that will crawl the websites and add you to a list of potential investments. That easy it is, apparently.
Then the next idiot will read that list and give money to each and every listing, once you got a few investments, others think " Oh, he got money, its gotta be GOOOOD, I will invest too, NOW, QUICK, before others are first"......

That's how you loose money, idiots !!!!!!!!

If a deal sounds way too good, ALWAYS ask yourself why the seller doesnt sell ONLY to himself, if it is THAT good.

Cui bono ? watch the money flow and you get to the real deal, actually quite simple, if greed doesnt taint your view.

I like it when the cryptocrazies get shafted. Yes I do. The sooner this crap comes to an end, the sooner I will be able to update my video card with something reasonably priced!

You have to be a special flavour of stupid to invest real money in e-coins, of course that includes buying coins with money.

This entire thread reminds me of the Bob and Tom song “Prisoner of Love”....

Lots of thinly veiled references to people getting screwed. :D

Last edited:
Gotta wonder how many years of this stuff it's going to take before mainstream t.v./newspapers start doing lengthy, in depth, and thick with detailed stories on bitcoin,crypto, scams, the effect on the pc industry, electrical resources, etc.

Yes, all those puns were intended.

Last edited:
They added a lowercase "a" to the front of our acronym!!! Such innovation! Buy!Buy!!Buy!!!

Invest what you are willing to lose.

How many people bashing crypto here have money in the bubble that is the stock market right now? That is going to crash hard when Trump passes amnesty for millions of foreign invaders and the stock gurus realize the Democrats are going to take over forever.

There are tangibles in the stock market, you can look at, and get a feel for. Does not seem to exist in the cryptocrazy world.

Price fluctuations seem to be based on air.

So you do not invest in any altcoins, even if they are not part of ICOs etc..? Also, what do you consider a "token"? I'm glad to hear you've done well , but I am curious what sorts of methods, investments, or decisions is your profit with BTC based upon? Did you mine or buy BTC early on and then profit significantly when the value of BTC itself jumped in massive ways? I suppose most importantly was your success something that happened from being at the right place at the right time (ie the way that someone who sold a pizza for 100 Bitcoin back in the early days could be quite wealthy today, even if they did nothing else since that time etc)? How large an investment did you have to make and what did you have to do in order to see it grow? Was your profit mostly based on the ascending value of BTC, or were you able to profit even when the value of BTC was not fluctuating greatly?

One problem I have with BTC and in fact, many altcoins etc.. is that despite the early suggestions of democratizing access to finance and whatnot, we see the opposite where there is centralization and early movers profits (not to mention "insider trading" pump and dump and other schemes etc) where everyone else is scraping for crumbs. Think of something like mining where CPUs and GPUs are near instantly outmoded by the development of ASICs, which are typically very expensive and often run by those who develop them while it is profitable before selling to others etc.. Furthermore, elements that were meant to improve on BTC in some ways end up faltering for this same reason , such as Dash's Masternode - a good idea way back when as the required 1000 Dash hold requirement was relatively low, but quickly became a lot of money at even $1 per coin, and is not basically inaccessible to those without tons of cash to fling around when 1 Dash is $800+! Mention this kind of thing to many involved in Crypto however, especially those who have done well, and for all thew talk of decentralization and how much they hate the ethos of traditional banking and the financial industry, they sound nearly exactly like them with the "Well you COULD have invested back when, so don't cry about it now etc.." - all of those supposed ethics down the toilet instead in favor of greed; a great disappointment. Thanks to the way the industry has evolved thats why there are these frauds, pump and dumps, and other nonsense schemes that try to swindle people to enrich others "legally", which is only slightly more blatant in crypto than in traditional financial industries.

We very badly need new financial services and ways of looking at the industry to help change the centralization and inequality of wealth. Crypto could have been a part of that but it seems so offten that the "new boss" is quite the same as the "old boss".

I'm going to start my own Crypto currency called FUcoin. Get some FU! Only $999 per coin!

So you do not invest in any altcoins, even if they are not part of ICOs etc..? Also, what do you consider a "token"? I'm glad to hear you've done well , but I am curious what sorts of methods, investments, or decisions is your profit with BTC based upon? Did you mine or buy BTC early on and then profit significantly when the value of BTC itself jumped in massive ways? I suppose most importantly was your success something that happened from being at the right place at the right time (ie the way that someone who sold a pizza for 100 Bitcoin back in the early days could be quite wealthy today, even if they did nothing else since that time etc)? How large an investment did you have to make and what did you have to do in order to see it grow? Was your profit mostly based on the ascending value of BTC, or were you able to profit even when the value of BTC was not fluctuating greatly?

One problem I have with BTC and in fact, many altcoins etc.. is that despite the early suggestions of democratizing access to finance and whatnot, we see the opposite where there is centralization and early movers profits (not to mention "insider trading" pump and dump and other schemes etc) where everyone else is scraping for crumbs. Think of something like mining where CPUs and GPUs are near instantly outmoded by the development of ASICs, which are typically very expensive and often run by those who develop them while it is profitable before selling to others etc.. Furthermore, elements that were meant to improve on BTC in some ways end up faltering for this same reason , such as Dash's Masternode - a good idea way back when as the required 1000 Dash hold requirement was relatively low, but quickly became a lot of money at even $1 per coin, and is not basically inaccessible to those without tons of cash to fling around when 1 Dash is $800+! Mention this kind of thing to many involved in Crypto however, especially those who have done well, and for all thew talk of decentralization and how much they hate the ethos of traditional banking and the financial industry, they sound nearly exactly like them with the "Well you COULD have invested back when, so don't cry about it now etc.." - all of those supposed ethics down the toilet instead in favor of greed; a great disappointment. Thanks to the way the industry has evolved thats why there are these frauds, pump and dumps, and other nonsense schemes that try to swindle people to enrich others "legally", which is only slightly more blatant in crypto than in traditional financial industries.

We very badly need new financial services and ways of looking at the industry to help change the centralization and inequality of wealth. Crypto could have been a part of that but it seems so offten that the "new boss" is quite the same as the "old boss".
You make a lot of good points. One thing is business that is true is the people on the bottom floors of investments nearly always do the best. I look at it like this, if you research the tech and think it could make an impact, go ahead and invest knowing there is risk and reward. As far as the inequity of money, I agree and do not have a solution.

There are goods and bads in crypto try to vote with your dollars or crypto coins. One thing is for sure, usually those in power make sure they try to stay in power. Dash has quite a few good features and the masternode requirement was to have people buy into the technology and also be able to get a return on their investment, they get a payout for the masternodes, so anyone invested knew they would be getting a good bit out if the coin did well.

Also we see there is a lot of possible crack down in China on miners, it's yet to be seen if the Gov't will actually put the screws to them and shut them down. It's sort of a golden goose thing, when no one is trying to mine the coin will die, so removing all the miners will hurt Bitcoin badly.

Actually, printing more money and other inflation causing actions are nothing else, just a different shimmer of one and the same thing, somebody takes your money and you cannot help it once you have joined the game.

With crypto, you can choose if you take part, only you decide. With Fiat money...well, I'd opt out RIGHT NOW. Where can I sign it ? Let me out of this doomed system.

To have the choice or not separates the coins !

Actually, printing more money and other inflation causing actions are nothing else, just a different shimmer of one and the same thing, somebody takes your money and you cannot help it once you have joined the game.

With crypto, you can choose if you take part, only you decide. With Fiat money...well, I'd opt out RIGHT NOW. Where can I sign it ? Let me out of this doomed system.

To have the choice or not separates the coins !

"Joined the game" what does that even mean?

People act like Crypto is some sort of magic remedy to fix all our economic problems cause by "Fiat Money" doesn't take a very in-depth study of history to realize that's just silly. we had crashes and panics using commodity currency and representative currency long before Fiat Money become the defacto standard.

Back