Blizzard’s last six months have shown a rapidly changing company

I really enjoyed Warcraft 1 and 2 but absolutely hated 3. I messed around with the original Diablo but never played the full game. The demo was pretty fun, though. Other than those games I have no interest in anything Blizzard has done or will do.

to be fair no one really played "warcraft 3", they just had the game for all the mod content.

Grubby has tried to be as professional as he could, but when even one of the biggest evangelists has (constructive) criticisms, his words, there is something to be said.
It's hilarious how bad this went compared to Starcraft remastered, but hey - that was a different time.

I was too busy playing CS (original) and CS Source - that I basically *missed* the Warcraft 3 generation.

to be fair no one really played "warcraft 3", they just had the game for all the mod content.
I started playing DOTA in like 2003/early 2004. The mods for war3 and Starcraft before it meant you could play thousands of hours. I played some melee games but you gotta love those old school UMS RPGs and MOBAs.

Zergling blood was an old school fav. Too.

The other issue with W3 is they farmed most of it out to another studio, then didnt give them any guidance, and flipped out when everything looked wrong when it was months from the original launch day. They then had to go back and redo most of it, and it was at this time the whole "reforging" was dropped as there was no way to get it done in any time soon. They basically did a model swap on the SC2 engine and called it a day.

It still amazes me that blizz cant even do something like this in house anymore, on top of barely releasing any games for years now. What exactly is going on there that they cant seem to finish anything or come up with some new IP. Heck their biggest driver of subs last year was a rerelease of their 15 year old game classic. Makes you wonder how things would be if they didnt release that this year....sure revenue would be very low indeed.

Yikes - didn't realize it was subcontracted out. Not that it'd be any improvement in-house, as even that's not a guarantee of quality anymore.

WarCraft, WarCraft 2, StarCraft, StarCraft 2.

That's Blizzard to me.
Blackthorne and The Lost Vikings.

14454-blackthorne-sega-32x-front-cover.jpg

Personally I think the decline began mid WOTLK, which is when I think Activision bought Blizzard.

Could be. I probably shouldn't have even commented because I'm one of those heretics that doesn't like a single Blizzard game. I just wanted to shout out WoW because as an oldschool EQ player I feel like WoW is what killed the genre and started the trend of themepark MMOs

Could be. I probably shouldn't have even commented because I'm one of those heretics that doesn't like a single Blizzard game. I just wanted to shout out WoW because as an oldschool EQ player I feel like WoW is what killed the genre and started the trend of themepark MMOs
You. I like you.

Prexus server for life.

Fuck WoW.

WC3, WoW and D3 ruined all the interest in Blizzard I had.

Creepy, dark rpg and sci-fi horror to PG13 neon cartoons for helicopter moms. Nope.

Back