Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm beta.

I got into the Alpha a while ago. I played the Tutorial, a few practice matches, and didn't get that inspired. I was pretty hardcore into LoL for about 2 years but got tired of the last-hitting minions, whining about lanes, and mediocre mechanics. Thought I'd like HotS because of this, but I found it rather unfulfilling. The reason is what some of you seem to like, the experience sharing. I found it rather silly to think someone could just sit around doing jack and get experience from mine and my teammates effort. I know it's supposed to make you "feel good" that you're still able to participate even if you suck, but honestly it took something away from the game for me.

Maybe it was just the challenge of trying to level up each game in LoL, but I actually liked that. I liked it when I had a really good game and pulled ahead in gold and levels. You can't really do that here. You're still totally reliant on your teammates in HotS like you are in LoL, but now you all get to win or suck together. There doesn't seem to be as much room to shine individually here. Yeah I know you still have good and bad players, but it just doesn't feel as rewarding when everyone is the same.

I guess I should give it another shot now that I've resigned myself to the blah leveling system and try to focus on the highlights... team fights and hero skills.

I'm with you Astral Abyss. You can't tell who is doing well for the team whatsoever. I still stick by my earlier statement that I don't see this game ever being viable competitively in any real manner.

One quick question. I have zero experience with mobas. Only general knowledge of the premise, nothing more. Can I actually enjoy playing this one, since I love the blizzard theme and artwork, or It is a lost battle?

By that I mean, do I have to invest an ungodly amount of time in order to be able to hold my own?

One quick question. I have zero experience with mobas. Only general knowledge of the premise, nothing more. Can I actually enjoy playing this one, since I love the blizzard theme and artwork, or It is a lost battle?

By that I mean, do I have to invest an ungodly amount of time in order to be able to hold my own?

The matchmaking algorithms are the cornerstone of MOBAs, meaning they match you up with other players of similar skill so everyone can have some enjoyment. This game also kind blurs the line as to who is carrying the team (highest skill on team) and who is just kinda "there".

So you'll still need a good number of hours per champ to work their mechanics and combos, and some more for strategy, but you should still be matched with other players of similar skill levels.

What gets tricky, especially at lower skill levels is some players believe they are better than they really are and complain about somebody (or everybody.. Lol..) else. Goes with the game type, don't let it get to you. Have fun!

..so I just single queued in ranked, got matched with a wonderful team so we all joined together.(didnt use TS) in the 4 games we played (and won them all) we had one game that lasted 7 minutes, 0 deaths on our team. they were level 6, we were 10 at the end of the game. trying to upload it now to YT.

we also had a game were we faced this guy: https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=1145546

hes ranked NUMBER ONE (master 1). poor guy lost 39 points that match.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=1145546 (haunted mines 2/18/2015 7:36:52 PM)

I got into the Alpha a while ago. I played the Tutorial, a few practice matches, and didn't get that inspired. I was pretty hardcore into LoL for about 2 years but got tired of the last-hitting minions, whining about lanes, and mediocre mechanics. Thought I'd like HotS because of this, but I found it rather unfulfilling. The reason is what some of you seem to like, the experience sharing. I found it rather silly to think someone could just sit around doing jack and get experience from mine and my teammates effort. I know it's supposed to make you "feel good" that you're still able to participate even if you suck, but honestly it took something away from the game for me.

Maybe it was just the challenge of trying to level up each game in LoL, but I actually liked that. I liked it when I had a really good game and pulled ahead in gold and levels. You can't really do that here. You're still totally reliant on your teammates in HotS like you are in LoL, but now you all get to win or suck together. There doesn't seem to be as much room to shine individually here. Yeah I know you still have good and bad players, but it just doesn't feel as rewarding when everyone is the same.

I guess I should give it another shot now that I've resigned myself to the blah leveling system and try to focus on the highlights... team fights and hero skills.

Yeah, I wouldn't want you on my team in LoL or Dota either. These games are not about individuals, but a cohesive team. You probably weren't very consistent in LoL if you always tried to shine individually.

Also if you can't look at the stats and see who the weakest link is on the team you are not looking at them correctly. If you have a bunch of individuals running around in the game and not working the map and objectives together then you lose. No more feeling good after a loss because you turtled down and kill stole your way to a positive KDR.

This game isn't DotA, but one thing it has going for it is that you don't get stuck in games with bad players that you can't win for 45-60 minutes. They can be over and done with so you can move on. Which is why I will solo que in this and won't get on dota unless we have at least a 3-stack.

I played through a few matches last night as solo coop against AI (still learning the game) and found it pretty fun and enjoy the quick matches. I don't have time or need to deal with immature moron's flaming in games like LoL or Dota, this game seems quick/fun and easy to learn. Plus I enjoy the teamwork aspect of it... the other games seem very boring to me with the lane requirements... this one promotes doing the map objectives and as a team. Not sure if I will buy any heroes but I'm having fun for now.

You should at least buy some of the 2k gold heroes, you can get a couple of the 2k heroes pretty quickly, Valla being one of the best 2k heroes right now and a really good assasin

Looks like I already have Valla when I search the store shows no price. I have 2500 gold now, looking over the rest of the 2k gold heroes, I'll pick one up this weekend to play around with.

I would save your gold and just play the free rotation. No need to throw away gold just because it's a cheap char. Everything that I've been reading does that gold is really hard to come by. So if you're interested in mounts or skins or the really expensive heroes,I would wait and save.

If you don't mind spending real money, the 5 dollar hero bundle is a good deal imo. (I had some d3 auction house money left over so I picked it up). It has Raynor, who is another good starting ranged assassin.

If not, then play every free rotation to 5, and save the gold.

Gold's not hard to come by at all- it just accumulates at a set pace. Between small gold rewards for playing and wining games and daily challenges you can earn around 10k a month- this does not include the 500 bonus for getting heroes to level 5.

Yeah, I wouldn't want you on my team in LoL or Dota either. These games are not about individuals, but a cohesive team. You probably weren't very consistent in LoL if you always tried to shine individually.

Also if you can't look at the stats and see who the weakest link is on the team you are not looking at them correctly. If you have a bunch of individuals running around in the game and not working the map and objectives together then you lose. No more feeling good after a loss because you turtled down and kill stole your way to a positive KDR.

This game isn't DotA, but one thing it has going for it is that you don't get stuck in games with bad players that you can't win for 45-60 minutes. They can be over and done with so you can move on. Which is why I will solo que in this and won't get on dota unless we have at least a 3-stack.

It sounds like Blizzard did their job and HotS is the perfect game for you. Also, if you're trying to tell me that jungling correctly and getting some good ganks or being fed properly by your team when you're the carry and actually getting the kills they offer you is somehow not working the objectives together or KSing, well then I wouldn't want you on my team either.

For anyone who's interested, they have released a very unique new character(s): The Lost Vikings! Some of us who remember the SNES days will remember them from their self-titled excellent puzzle platformer! They're now available on HOTS for 15,000 gold, making them quite expensive. However, they are on sale with a skin on the store if you intend to pay real cash. Their mechanics are particularly interesting as you control all 3 vikings, each having their own attacks; it feels more like a RTS than anything else so far. You can control each viking independently or together as a group. There is shared leveling/skills so at a given unlock you can choose a skill (typically passive, though there are a total of 3 actives you can unlock, that become your Q W E abilities if you wish. Though personally, I've found that the passives are often more viable). Even better, if you have not played "The Lost Vikings" on SNES, you can download it from your Battle.Net account management for free!

I wonder if Blizz' other console properties "Rock and Roll Racing" (maybe a map set in this universe?) and "Blackthorne" will also contribute content to HotS?

I got my beta invite this past Friday and while I haven't played a ton I am having fun and I have been finding myself coming back to play more; something few games have done for me lately. It's easy to jump into and fun to play. I've gotten 2 hero rotations for which I've played each hero up to level 2 just to get a feel for everyone and all the play styles.

I only played Dota briefly a long time ago and LOL I couldn't get past the infuriating tutorials(pausing every time you get in-front of your minions which ends up killing me anyway) and the couple rather toxic public games I played. So this is really my first MOBA.

I've read the forums and a lot of criticism about individuality and not being able to shine in a match, but to me as an arena style game where you play and win as a team, I think blizzard has it right for my tastes.

What concerns me are the prices of the hero's and skins. They seem quite high. But maybe this is a good thing for me. I wont likely get sucked into spending a ton of money just because they're cheap.

Right now I'm going to stockpile my gold assuming it will carry over to the live version. It's still beta and a lot is likely to change, so I don't want to spend it now with nothing set in stone.

never played a MOBA... but reading this thread has me enticed... what would be the best way to enter as a n00b? get an idea what the game is about, playing etc?

Maybe its just me, but I simply cannot get any enjoyment or desire to do ANYTHING with the LoL, DOTA2 style games that has half the planet playing them it seems. They bore the fuck outa me.

It is easy to see who is contributing, you just need to read the score chart properly. This is an entirely different strategy than LoL. in HotS it is all about the team and objectives. There are definitely ways to shine as an individual, but they all involve helping the team get objectives or push lanes, or defend. To see who is doing well, you check their score by takedowns they were involved in, XP they accrued, and Objective points they have gathered. Pretty simple really.

never played a MOBA... but reading this thread has me enticed... what would be the best way to enter as a n00b? get an idea what the game is about, playing etc?

If you get into beta, it starts you in a little story-mode type tutorial that walks you through everything. I found it very easy to grasp. After that just hit the practice games against the AI. They're super easy and I thought did a good job of easing you into online play.

I barely played dota 2 and did not get into it at all so I'm like you.

This game however is very easy to pick up during the tutorial play sessions, it walks you through the basics quickly... then I played a few practice rounds with AI team/opponents and learned a bit more. The past two times I've play coop against ai, so you have real teammates and it's fun. I notice some games the teammates really understand and call out map points to take over/attack/defend. Others the players are probably new and running around but since we're against AI it's challenging but not overly taxing. The switch from Practice to coop AI is more difficult in that the other team is better but still not a major threat unless you play recklessly.

Yesterdays bonus quests were to play a support character in three games... I find that LiLi is pretty kick ass for this as she is heals and can stay alive easily. VAlla is a lot of fun and powerful but you have to stay ranged. Sonja is a blast when you get the whirlwind going with self heals. Utter was a bit of a challenge, can get jumped easily. The tank chick is pretty cool, only tried her one game. ETC the heavy metal guy is fun once you figure out the play style. Illidan was a bitch for me, fragile glass cannon with my play style and I died the most with that toon.

The different map challenges are pretty fun and make it much more interesting to me, whether you are releasing small camps or taking over the dragon or plant creature and wrecking the other base with it haha.

There are a few bundle deals and that one for cheap does look good as a starter so I may pick that up.

*** to help me learn, if you buy/own the hero does that allow you to level them up past 5 or a certain point? I can try all the heroes but only to a certain level correct?

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I got my beta invite this past Friday and while I haven't played a ton I am having fun and I have been finding myself coming back to play more; something few games have done for me lately. It's easy to jump into and fun to play. I've gotten 2 hero rotations for which I've played each hero up to level 2 just to get a feel for everyone and all the play styles.

I only played Dota briefly a long time ago and LOL I couldn't get past the infuriating tutorials(pausing every time you get in-front of your minions which ends up killing me anyway) and the couple rather toxic public games I played. So this is really my first MOBA.

I've read the forums and a lot of criticism about individuality and not being able to shine in a match, but to me as an arena style game where you play and win as a team, I think blizzard has it right for my tastes.

What concerns me are the prices of the hero's and skins. They seem quite high. But maybe this is a good thing for me. I wont likely get sucked into spending a ton of money just because they're cheap.

Right now I'm going to stockpile my gold assuming it will carry over to the live version. It's still beta and a lot is likely to change, so I don't want to spend it now with nothing set in stone.

Given what happened from Technical Alpha to Beta (and in other games like Hearthstone), there will be one of two progression options. One, everything you spent gold or real money on stay active. Two, you will get the complete value of your real money returned to you as store credit, with purchases by gold staying constant. I would consider it prudent to make at least one real-money purchase and keep aware of any developments, because Blizz has a habit of granting a special item to those who make at least one real money purchase during their alphas and betas. In Hearthstone, it was a special card, in HotS Alpha, it was the "Wonder Billy" mount.

Also, it is important to note that some opportunity to purchase items, particularly Bundles, may not come back again - or if they do, not for a long time . For instance, there was a bundle much like the Nexus bundle, that was $30 or so, and unlocked many of the earlier heroes - I picked it up early on and it was a great value that hasn't presented itself since.. Likewise, I'd hazard a guess that the Nexus Bundle itself (the $39 one with around 8 heroes including Nova and Nazeebo which are both 10K gold each, plus special skins for each of them, and 2 mounts - the $20 Rainbow Unicorn and the Nazeebra which cannot be acquired a la carte) may go away at some point near release. These are the best value bundles and are certainly not guaranteed.

I personally find the costs a bit high if one is to buy a lot of heroes or skins a la carte, but bundles tend to be better. Not to mention sales - for instance, last week Kerrigan was on sale for like $3 or so, which was a good value. I personally decide on a purchase strategy by being willing to wait for a good deal -I can put my gold into unlocking heroes that are interesting to me and less expensive (ie I unlocked Illiden and Uther with gold recently); I'm not going to spend anything on say, Nova and Nazeebo until I decide if I'm going to buy the Nexus Bundle (which is a good deal in and of itself). I also pick up some individual heroes (or if I really like it, a skin) when they're on sale, especially if they're not part of any bundles at the moment. For instance, Kerrigan last week as I mentioned, and I'm trying to decide on Rhegar who is on sale for half price (real money) this week. Of course, I'm interested in those like Azmodeus, Jaina, Thrall, and The Lost Vikings, but they're all 10K or even 15K since they're newer, and $9 each not on sale...so I'll be waiting.

Overall, I would suggest not holding all your gold and/or not making a real money purchase. History suggests some of the best value items may go away, and you will be able to keep whatever you buy, or get the value thereof in store credit so you wont' "lose" anything. Gold wise, you can certainly save if you wish but I wouldn't save jiust for the sake of it without a target. Just don't want you to miss out - best of luck!

P.S. don't forget, you can always try any hero from the Store in a single player demo game, even if you don't own them. Also, try to get your account level to 15, so you'll have the most Free Rotation Heroes per week!

thanks ched and vale... Ill go into battle net tonight and request beta access. Im enjoying wow and draenor.. but.. Im not a hard core raider anymore.. just not good enough as my reaction times slow as I get older, etc...and Im ok with that.. it is what it is....just the same.. this sounds like something new and has intrigued me

I'm going to give this game an honest 2nd chance. I think I just needed to get away from LoL long enough to look at it objectively.

The starter bundle priced at 4.99 looks like a good deal, Raynor/Malfurion and Muradin with an armored mount.

After a bit of playing today and yesterday, I have over 5k gold and got LiLi to level 5, working on ETC now and will try to get the other freebies leveled as I'm learning and will probably buy this starter pack.

Tried a match against players and it was fun, different than the AI, a lot more fighting over the map objectives than lane management, which was fun to see. Good to coordinate as best as you can but a bit tough without voice. Still won and it was a good match, about 20 minutes, ended up winning by objectives overpowering their tower. Good stuff!

Last edited:
Yeah pvp matches are pretty hectic, as long as your team can be a bit coordinated and the games will be good, been having bad luck lately though, last few games i got wrecked, the last game I lost we were doing pretty great, until one of our team went afk which caused us to lose the dragon knight on an already close game, we lost but it was a good game after all

So far my experience on pvp games has been either win or lose by a lot, close games are few and far between but those are the most fun

The starter bundle priced at 4.99 looks like a good deal, Raynor/Malfurion and Muradin with an armored mount.

After a bit of playing today and yesterday, I have over 5k gold and got LiLi to level 5, working on ETC now and will try to get the other freebies leveled as I'm learning and will probably buy this starter pack.

Nevermind. I found it. Would be nice if their bundles and sales spanned the site and blizzard store.

Last edited:
so.. I jumped in . bought the Founder's Thing.

folks are right.. with zero experience with this genre, the tutorials and practice stuff were enough to get a grip. a poor one probably.. lol.. but I got the gist down.

ended up playing several hours! I definitely enjoy it!

xbarbarian#1783 think I got to player lvl 7

played diablo to almost 5 i think, then the archer range class, and lili a few rounds. I did all the tutorials, then mostly the practice A.I. rounds... then jumped in and tried 2-3 co-op. went 1 : 1

is it best to level a new hero to 2-3, or 5 even, before going into the co op world? because obviously better traits etc as it levels. or with it being beta and all... screw it.. just jump in?

I'm really liking this.

While I like Dota 2, it gives me all kinds of information overload, on top of so many goddamn characters making me feel intimidated. I'm also by no means a MOBA expert, but I like not have to hover about to get final blows, etc. to get anywhere as far as progression in the match goes.

I'm really digging Raynor and Sonya with their playstyles and moveset. None of the other characters have really clicked with me past the Try option in the store. I also have yet to venture past Practice mode, but I'm okay with that for now.

no. just 5v5 maps.

I hear they will release a map editor at some point in the future that will allow for custom game modes. I;m really looking forward to that, because I'm getting a little tired of the same maps already

oh.. several posts of pages back.. someone talked about lag... after I installed and started tutorials, practice modes.. I had wicked lag for a while too... that on a system that is... more than enough.. see sig.

after a lil bit it went away. think it was just getting set up / indexing / etc... initializing. again, after say 30 mins or less... it went away.

definitely enjoy it though. never played dota etc. but a nice break from wow. ( not that Im leaving that either, but for now, not being a serious raider.. doing my dailies, garrison stuff, etc, weekly lfr is plenty there )

I've been playing since Alpha and the lag is almost always on the BNET side of the server. There never seems to be a rhyme or reason for the massive and sudden spikes that hiccup games at the most inconvenient time.

well.. that could it too.. hell.. WoD was very bad.. for months.. and Im just not buying the ddos stuff...

For what its worth, there are other game types in the works last I read. I'm pretty sure there will be a 3v3, as well as a "all-mid/assault" single lane no jungle 5v5 push map. I hear there will be something similar to Smite's "Seige" mode as well. There will also be more option for how you pick - such as all random, draft, banning draft, etc... Finally, there will be custom modes and maps activated, for which I am very interested to see if it will be as comprehensively supported as StarCraft II's custom gametypes!

Though for what its worth, they at least have a nice variety of 5v5 maps with different mechanics and setups. Some maps for instance have 2 creep lanes, some have 3, some have larger jungles than others etc... For instance these are the currently active maps I can recall (names may be partially incorrect, as I'm writing this offhand)..

Raven God's Realm - The special mechanic here is the random spawning of Raven sigils in the Jungle. When announced, it will be shown on the map and a graphic will be visible at the local area, before the Raven mark pops into existence. When it arrives, players from each team must try to capture it, by clicking on it and channeling - if you're attacked, move etc... it will reset and you'll have to click again. After being captured by someone, it will likely be a nother few minutes before a mark spawns again. This facilitates tactics defending one or more of your team as they channel, while stopping any enemy channeling attempts. Successfully channeling (which takes around 6 seconds) adds a a Raven mark to your team's counter. When a team captures 3 marks (indicated for both team as X / 3 above the minimap), the fun begins! The enemy team is Cursed, meaning that all their minions will die with a single hit and their siege defenses, such as Towers and Forts, will not fire for the duration of the Curse. The screen darkens and the team Cursed has little icons over their minions and forts to show the debuff. This lasts for...around 30 seconds perhaps before everything returns to normal, and the cycle repeats!

Dragon Knight - there are 2 shrines north and south beyond the jungles, and a Dragon statue mid lane. Every so often the shrines activate, and if a team can hold both shrines and manage to get a player to the statue, it will "come to life" - the player will become the Dragon Knight, which has a strong siege melee, AOE flame DOT, and a charge that knocks enemies way, way back. Usually, this is used to push a fort etc... when the dragon's HP runs out, the player controlling it appears where it died, with the same health they had when they grabbed the dragon.

Skeletal Mines - On this map, there are 2 portals into the "Mines", off the north and south lanes. Every so often, the Mines willl open and players can click and walk into the portal to go to the Mine, a separate map underneath the main one. There are creep camps here, marked on the map, including a boss-level camp similar in strength to a "boss" merc camp topside. Defeating these creeps spawns Skulls, which anyone can pick up, with the boss dropping tons of skulls as it is damaged. There is a fixed number of skulls in the Map, (I think its 100?). When the time is up and the skulls are all captured, both teams begin to spawn Skeletal Giants that march in different lanes (ie one side marches north, one marches south lane etc). The amount of skulls you collected will distinguish how strong your Giant is compared to the enemy's - if you have 60 and they have 40, your giant will be more powerful etc. These giants will automatically head down the lane, attacking creeps, towers/forts etc... until they're destroyed and the cycle begins again. it is worth it to note, that giants arise where they fell from the last interval, not from the beginning again, so be aware!

The One With Plants At Night - This map has a day/night cycle. During the day there are the normal merc camps in the jungle etc... but at night, there are special creeps that spawn, including a pair of bosses. Defeating these creeps grant plant seeds that can be collected. When your team acquires 100 seeds, a special plot in your main base begins growing a Nightmare Plant. When it is mature after a number of seconds, it is ready for harvest. One of your team only has around 30 seconds to take control of it, so port home swiftly enough! Much like the Dragon Knight, the player assumes control and directs the Plant, which has an even more impressive assortment of abilities. Most notably, is its ability plop down a pod that does lots of siege damage and stops all towers/forts in its range from attacking, thanks to entwining vines! It also has an AOE that turns players into hopping plants which are unable to attack. When it runs out of HP or its counter runs down, the cycle begins anew. Unlike some other game types, a team can continue to collect new seeds as soon as the plant has grown, making it possible to grow 2 in a row if you're smart!

Pirate Cannon - An invincible pirate ship hangs out in the center of the map this time. The ghostly pirate accepts doubloons; when a team has given him enough, he'll automatically fire his ship's cannon toward enemy towers/forts as indicated on the minimap. It starts off requiring 12 coins, but every time your team uses the service, its cost increases by 2 (I think). Gathering coins come from all the regular mercs, plus a handful of special merc camps, and two special unguarded treasure chest spawns. The chests appear and have to be attacked repeatedly to drop their coins, culminating in the big drop when they are finally destroyed! Anyone can pick up any coin (much like aforementioned skulls) so watch for the enemy taking advantage of your hard work. Unlike other resources, coins may be turned in as a group, but they are collected individually and shown on the player's nameplate. For instance, if Malfurion has 4 coins, there will be a "4" and a coin icon next to his name that friend and foe alike can see. If he is killed, all coins drop immediately! Thus, a player has to decide hold long to hold and when to turn in! Turning in adds all coins held by that character and takes a few seconds, so it is a tactical decision. If your team is at 10 of 12 coins for another cannon volley, and you have 6 coins..would it be best to turn in and start the shooting, "losing" 4 coins? Or do you wait for a teammate, and continue to collect coins in the meantime. You can't turn in during the volley, but if you stay alive long enough you could potentially have enough coins on you to enable another volley right after one ends...but then again, if you are killed, your stash is going right into enemy hands!

Sky Temple (The Egyptian One) - This is the newest map at the moment. THe special feature here is series of 3 Temples (one far north, one far south, and one just north of the mid lane) that will randomly count down to activation. About 20 seconds prior to activation, you'll see which one (or two!) temples will be activating and can decide how to progress to the location When a temple is active, it is able to be captured like any other capture area - speed and team of which depends on how many players from that team is within its grounds. As soon as it is claimed by one team, the Obelisk at the center of the temple begins to shoot lasers toward enemy siege targets in intervals; there is a visible "ammo count" on each obelisk, with a significant amount of normal ammo plus the "final blast". However, as soon as a temple is claimed (and color changes accordingly), the stone guardians awake! The first to do so is the most difficult - a not-quite-boss, but very strong none the less Guardian. THis one is hardest to kill, so bring help and it has an AOE attack that it telegraphs onto the floor, like many bosses. All the while the temple will be firing, more guardians will awake, even if the previous aren't defeated! There will be 2 more spawns, each time of two ranged guardians that are significantly weaker yet still dangerous. They will continue to attack until destroyed, and will attack all Heroes in the area, regardless of team, so the enemy may swoop in to kill you in your weakened state, take over the temple, and gain the benefit as well as easily kill the weakened guardians! Once all guardians have been killed and the temple is out of "normal" ammo, it will fire a "final blast" of 5 stronger shots at siege targets, before shutting down. It is worth mentioning that the Temple map was just added recently, so it portends that even more map types should be on their way!

Hope this quick overview has been helpful and I look forward to future map types as well.

I've played a bit more and went ahead and purchased the Starter bundle for 5 bucks, also received a mount bronco Billy or some thing like that.

I have about 8kgold now just leveling the available heroes to 5, three so far and I'm at player level 9 or 10... it seems to take about 9 to 10 games to level a hero to level 5 for the gold bonus and that is a decent amount of time to learn the character play.

Had some fun with E.T.C. Start of a match I hide in a lane bushes to be invisible then as they AI team zergs forward with usually two heroes and their squad hits ours, I launch a rear assault, works great if I have another Hero with me, I powerslide into them at the right time then do the move that pushes them back... or towards my side in this case... can usually get a fast hero kill if the timing is right. I also like his self heal abilities and after leveled up with a few of the better talents, easily solo the siege/bandit camps and get them rolling forward.

I'm sure it will be different once I move to non AI but he's more fun and powerful than I first thought.

Leveling Valla now and learning how best to position... can be a gnarly sniper with a group but also easily jumped and one shorted, lol.

Today's quest is 3 games with a specialist which is not openly available to me right now, may spend gold on one but not sure (Sgt Hammer, Gallows)

Not many healer types but if you get a game with one or if you are a healer, you can really roll the AI in coop.

Last edited:
thanks for the info Vale.. cool. ya, I played a few rounds with lili. maybe Ill level her up

with 6.1 releasing today, Ill probably be more wow focused, but I played a fair amount over the weekend. I enjoy this game.
i still go too deep and die too often.. but im getting better at hearthing sooner and coming back full.

I think Im liking ETC best..uthor too

the community for this game is getting worse and worse. sucks to see it going the way of dota/CS GO

Back