Blizzard's brand new game 'Heroes of the Storm'

It has to be F2P to compete at all with LoL and DOTA2. I'm just shocked it took them so long to do anything about it. Blizzard is playing from behind this time.

Yep it was their own stupidity they should have dropped some money and hired the whole Dota team, not like they cant afford it. Instead they just screwed around and now they had to start from scratch.

I played this at blizzcon and enjoyed it enough to wait in line again.

Won 1, lost 1. Played Uther (love paladins), and goblin support (reminds me of Heimer's turret+Zigg's E+ori's ult)

Comparing to league, it does enough different to warrant a place in the Moba genre. I'm looking forward to it :).

A few things to noticed (might be wrong, since only a brief time):

-No item shop?
-When you level, you don't level up your abilities like League/dota. on the bottom left, there's usually 2-3 options for a skill. It's almost like choosing abilities like in WoW now. (Ex: hammer of justice or repentence
-You have a mount button (z), so you can get to the battlefield quickly
-You get to choose what your ultimate is from 2 choices.

Correct, no item shop. I read this in one of the links posted previously. Thank god. It was far too complex for casual players to really understand.

What the fuck?

So they can make Diablo look like Diablo in a non Diablo game but give us Shit in an actual Diablo game?

GG Blizzard, fuckin douches.

This. Later Blizzard...it was fun while it lasted.

You know, they do make some of the best cutscenes out there, don't they?
On an unrelated note, in the OP gameplay vid, is Diablo riding a unicorn?!

You know, they do make some of the best cutscenes out there, don't they?
On an unrelated note, in the OP gameplay vid, is Diablo riding a unicorn?!

You can select your mount, so I assume it is one of the microtransactions. Diablo is more tanky here, so I can see why they went for a more Beefy route.

I got back into Dota2 recently. Need to try LoL and Heroes. Had both installed forever, just never picked them up.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, like some ssaid, Blizz seems late tot he game. But I think people will pick it up simply because it's Blizzard.

I just hope they bring a lot of new things to the table, which sounds plausible. They are already breaking several DOTA molds which is sweet. I love the format and know a lot of people that would jump on something similar but fresh.

I wonder if this will gain a large following for merely having all Blizz brands bundled in.

I just hope they bring a lot of new things to the table, which sounds plausible. They are already breaking several DOTA molds which is sweet. I love the format and know a lot of people that would jump on something similar but fresh.

Try Smite then. Pretty much completely different in everything.

Try Smite then. Pretty much completely different in everything.

I have tried it. I liked the different view.

I didn't like the lack of polish on UI and the game didn't feel as smooth. Also, the items seemed to make less of a difference.

i think i played in the beta though.

I didn't like the lack of polish on UI and the game didn't feel as smooth. Also, the items seemed to make less of a difference.

I believe there's been a lot of changes to smite lately, if you only checked it out a while ago (like I did)

I wonder if this will gain a large following for merely having all Blizz brands bundled in.

Undoubtedly they're going to have strong initial interes simply because of all the Blizz brands bundled in it, but staying power depends on how good it actually is. Even if it's got all the brands in there people will leave if it's not good.

They have revamped just about everything Gods and maps included, and continue to do so.

Correct, no item shop. I read this in one of the links posted previously. Thank god. It was far too complex for casual players to really understand.

Hopefully they have some cool idea to replace items, instead of a complete removal of one feature of the game (like the removal of talent trees in D3). You should be able to choose more damage or more beefy or maybe some utility item like you can with DOTA items, but the problem with items (in LoL anyway) is that there are too few so you pretty much always gear the same exact things.

No item shop? Wow, Blizz is really shooting low in everything they do these days.

I guess their philosophy is now to dumb it down enough to appeal to the lowest common denominator and sit back as you rake in the cash.

I suppose it comes from Activision's experience with the COD franchise.

No item shop? Wow, Blizz is really shooting low in everything they do these days.

I guess their philosophy is now to dumb it down enough to appeal to the lowest common denominator and sit back as you rake in the cash.

WHile I agree with the general thought re the publishers, I don' think that's what's going on here. Personally, I like LOL and DOTA. BUT I don't have a lot of time to sink into learning them, nor the patience to deal with the players while I learn (since they also lack the patience to mention what I'm doing wrong; instead just typing profanity). They are very complex games, and in a way no fps really is (short of some of the RPGs out there).
If HotS is a more accessible (and I don't mean DUMB, just less complex) version then I'm all in. I don't want to learn the meta game of LOL or DOTA etc. Just want to play a game.

If they have something to replace it, that's fine. But the itemshop is just an illusion.

9 times out of 10 there's only one really good way to build a character. Once you find the right items that's all you ever get.

If they have something to replace it, that's fine. But the itemshop is just an illusion.

9 times out of 10 there's only one really good way to build a character. Once you find the right items that's all you ever get.

Maybe in League of Legends, which is regarded as being a dumbed-down, My-First-MOBA type of thing (think training wheels).

In DOTA, items are a bigger deal and it's quite common for there to be multiple, viable item builds that alter how the character plays drastically.

Maybe in LoL this is true, since it requires no skill anyways.

But in HoN and DOTA, there are multiple ways to build a character with no "Best Way". Infact any skilled player will choose his items based on the opponents he is facing.

But in HoN and DOTA, there are multiple ways to build a character with no "Best Way". Infact any skilled player will choose his items based on the opponents he is facing.
This is absolutely true and pro DOTA players won't even skill a point until they get in lane to see what type of opposition they are facing.

I don't know what on earth you're talking about but in League you never want to build the same build order over and over.

Just like DOTA/HoN you should always adapt your build vs the other team and what they have.

The enemy team has a lot of cc/surpresses? Get a QSS so you can get out of that when you're caught.

They ad heavy? Get thornmail/frozen heart.

They stacking HP items? Get a blade of the ruined king if you're the adc.

There's plenty of choices and differences to make to your builds.

Back