Blizzard Trolls The Trolls In Overwatch

HardOCP News

[H] News
I didn't realize smack talk and poor sportsmanship were so bad in Overwatch that Blizzard had to do this. Sure, it's kinda funny, but it is just as easy to type "haha, you suck ass" as it is to say "gg ez."

It is no worse than any other game but Blizz will actually globally mute people if they act like jackasses. That lead to forum threads talking about if 'gg ez' was reportable or not and how tilting gg ez was, etc. Blizz just turned the whole thing into a joke. The wonderful irony is people that seriously used gg ez to make people mad are getting mad about the change.

I hate people who brag in chat...especially in QP where you are usually stuck with what you get (torb oor bastion on attack in a KOTH match)..or you get against a pre-made of 5 or 6 - gg ez will piss me off. Usually gets an fU reply followed by a "reported" for me. LOL...profanity filter...if you don't want to see it - turn it on.

Funny yet feels a bit extreme. Are they going to take D.VA’s taunt “Is this easy mode?” away next?

Lol some of those "replacement" quote are funny though. :)

Blizz just said to trolls, "gg, we ez'ly replaced your dumbass lazy attempts at mockery with the truth."

I hate people who brag in chat...especially in QP where you are usually stuck with what you get (torb oor bastion on attack in a KOTH match)..or you get against a pre-made of 5 or 6 - gg ez will piss me off. Usually gets an fU reply followed by a "reported" for me. LOL...profanity filter...if you don't want to see it - turn it on.
If anyone gets that mad at a game then maybe they shouldn't play it.

Muting should be an end user option. It's worked out fine for the past two decades of online gaming. This automatic global muting is ridiculous. I don't know why we have to all of a sudden pay special attention to the sensitive snowflakes. I guess it's because $CURRENT_YEAR...

Lol. people get upset over this stuff? Maybe either don't take it so seriously... or... maybe you should try playing games that aren't so stressful for you to have fun regardless?

It's different when it's cheating. or somebody spamming chat (just distracting). though i have no idea how any of that works in this game since i've never played it lol...

About the best game I've played had no chat or text. Splatoon on the Wii. What a blast for a Wii game. And nobody could say anything. Ahhhh.

God, I hate how trolling has lost its meaning in the past few years...

It's called smack talk, and people have been doing it since the dawn of civilization.

The term "trolling" has been completely absorbed into mainstream by the media and now basically means doing anything negative on the internet, or joking around with someone on Twitter. Hearing a 60 year old talking head use it is cringe-worthy.

The funny thing about "gg ez" is that the worst player is usually the one who says it.

I guess since I don't play on the competitive servers I haven't run in to this.

Hmm, I'm not one to ever type anything like that but this actually makes me want to type "gg ez"....what have they done?

gg ez makes you a troll? What a low bar. I'm glad blizzard spent some/any time to troll them.

This surely makes people play Team Fortress Overwatch

i think Modern Warfare was the last online shooter i played. between the cheating on day 1 of release and the "pro-bro" (im so adding that to my vernacular) toxic environments which are online FPS, i gave up. i have screenshots somewhere showing where i was top 1% in sniping, headshots, etc, lots of braggable stats, but i feel like i was 20 years older than anybody else and/or one of the only ones not cheating. the reddit post from a confessing cheater was literally the day i said "ok that confirms what i thought, im out."

seeing stuff like this years later just makes me shake my head, but its not surprising. somebody somewhere needs to work with vendors to create an age verification model, and/or tie into facebook where your real damn name is provided. that way the whole Penny Arcade "shitcock" phenomenon can be avoided :(

You can say literally anything you want about me or my family, tell me that I sucked 10,000 cocks last night, or that I have a micro-dick, but nothing makes me want to punch my monitor more than some fuck nugget using "EZ" in any context.

I have no idea why it makes me rage, but I fucking HATE it.

I didn't realize smack talk and poor sportsmanship were so bad in Overwatch
Geeze Steve been living under a rock? I mean multiplayer FPS type of game... of course there's going to be smack talk/poor sportsmanship/douchebaggery.

Stinkin' PC crowd...let them smack talk/poor sportsmanship/douchebaggery. Eat cake.

What the hell gg ez even means!? Seriously, I dont do multiplayer games and have literally no idea why anyone would get their panties in a twist over four letters.

I find it's best to just not read the text chat in Overwatch, anyone who's worth paying attention to is using a headset.

P.S. gg ez is the diet cola of trolling and most of the time if someone is saying that I agree with them because my team has been playing terribly.

P.P.S gg ez means "you suck".

What the hell gg ez even means!? Seriously, I dont do multiplayer games and have literally no idea why anyone would get their panties in a twist over four letters.
At the end of a match, it's polite to post "gg" to the other team so as to say "good game".
Someone posting "gg ez" is like telling your opponents "Good job being completely worthless noobs such that it was too easy to win." I've had someone post that once and it was rather insulting.

This is hilarious, I love it.

For the haters...there is no reason to say "gg ez" other than just being a dick.

Like anything, if people are censored, it'll evolve. One day it's gg ez, next day it's "I fucked your mother harder than we beat you." :LOL:

How very media like of you to quote just that part!
Go edit your post out please. Just remove everything except the last statement. It will add more credibility to my story!

upload_2016-8-18_16-59-55.png

Muting should be an end user option. It's worked out fine for the past two decades of online gaming. This automatic global muting is ridiculous. I don't know why we have to all of a sudden pay special attention to the sensitive snowflakes. I guess it's because $CURRENT_YEAR...

It's because Blizzard wants their customers to have a good user experience, and globally muting people who are routinely intentionally antagonizing helps them accomplish that. Make it about politics all you want, but I don't think it's a new thing for people to dislike assholes.

It's because Blizzard wants their customers to have a good user experience, and globally muting people who are routinely intentionally antagonizing helps them accomplish that. Make it about politics all you want, but I don't think it's a new thing for people to dislike assholes.

A lot of little kids play Overwatch, I actually find myself filtering what I say while playing and I never do that. I think Blizzard is very concerned with keeping a kid friendly environment, it's worth a lot of money to them.

blizzard has an emote for Lucio that says "why are you so mad" in the most annoying voice that can be spammed.

if you want to remove "gg ez" maybe take that out first?

Seriously? GG EZ? That's what they want to censor? The amount of stupidity in this... if it was cussing and stuff, I can understand, I wouldn't agree but I could understand. And tbh, I'd like it better if it were something you get to choose, but gg ez? *facepalm*

I was playing Competitive in the game, but I quit that portion. The point of competitive is to win and up your rank. To many people going in there to just screw around. I'm fine with screwing around, but do it in Quick Match. Not competitive. So, I just stopped playing competitive and only play the quick match or weekly brawl.

Although I might go back to competitive (whenever it starts up again) and just farm it until I can get my gold gun.

Even when you play among friends there is smack talk. This is just another manifestation of SJW culture, plain censorship. Have we become so weak that we can't take EZ? If you can't take losing don't play.

Allow me to explain the difference between smack talk and childish douchebaggery.

Smack talk has three facets:

Personalization: Proper smack talk needs to be custom tailored. A good smack talker will utilize his opponents Steam profile or gaming history to specifically target him. Proper smack talk will reference an individual's unhealthy obsession with WoW, or shitty taste in games. "Maybe you'd be better at Overwatch if you didn't spend 15 hours a day farming gold." "Do you seriously play Hyperdimension Mika Hatsunia or whatever the fuck it's called, dork?" is good smack talk.

Wit: Smack talk needs to be created on-the-fly, and good smack talkers never talk the first smack. You let your opponent open his big dumb mouth and then you pounce, turning his own words against him like some sort of master online Judoka.

Creativity: There are millions of 12 year-olds and grown men who act like 12 year-olds saying the same old tired shit. "GG EZ", "get rekt", fag this, n-word that. It's boring and stale and we've all heard it a thousand times or more. When you spam those lame insults, you're only telling your opponent you're a mindless hack who repeats all the dumb shit you heard in CoD. A good smack talker will never talk the same smack twice, and will never, ever resort to garden variety insults.

None, absolutely none of the banter you hear in modern online gaming falls within the smack talk purview. It's 100% childish wailing and mindless parroting of dumb memes. I don't blame Blizzard, or anyone else, who has zero tolerance for it.

Geez I didn't know there were rules to smack talking.

When you spam those lame insults, you're only telling your opponent you're a mindless hack

Isn't that a good thing to know though? If you give a gag to the idiots, how will you know that they are idiots?

And after we have the feelings police, then comes the thought police?

You can say literally anything you want about me or my family, tell me that I sucked 10,000 cocks last night, or that I have a micro-dick, but nothing makes me want to punch my monitor more than some fuck nugget using "EZ" in any context.

I have no idea why it makes me rage, but I fucking HATE it.

EZ there, fella.

Allow me to explain the difference between smack talk and childish douchebaggery.

Smack talk has three facets:
Since when did smack talk have rules? Smack talk is supposed to be used against your opponent to rile them up or piss them off. Considering OEM's post, it works well.

Back