Blizzard revoked Diablo immortal purchases made on 3'rd party sites

Because it's the behavior that begets players when that kind of activity is allowed. When real money gets involved it ruins the experience for everybody else. Final Fantasy XI was miserable early in its life because you had bots camping spawns and then selling the claim or drops to the highest bidder. With their scripts it makes it impossible for a normal player to spot and attack the target before the bot can. This is a common issue in any MMORPG, not just FFXI.
I was guilty of this 🤐. Can't beat them? Join them. Was always fun at Kings.

I don't think there's any good guys here. These sorts of p2w games are predatory and should be illegal IMO but I also think it's within a company's rights to not allow third party sales of in-game currency and go after players that buy it from these unauthorized sellers.

This game was so bad I don't even want to touch D4 or any blizzard game ever again. So lucky they were bought by msft.

The only entertaining part of the game were the bugs and scams like this

This game was so bad I don't even want to touch D4 or any blizzard game ever again. So lucky they were bought by msft.

The only entertaining part of the game were the bugs and scams like this

The game itself was good and fun to play. They turned it into a P2W money pit which ruined it.

Maybe if it didn't cost $100k to "win" this wouldn't be nearly as bad a problem.
Also being people could spend real money though the store I hope blizzard gets themselves in hot water and gets themselves sued

Maybe if it didn't cost $100k to "win" this wouldn't be nearly as bad a problem.
Also being people could spend real money though the store I hope blizzard gets themselves in hot water and gets themselves sued
It's Acti-Blizzard exploiting stupid people behavior.
It turns out $100k to win from relatively few whales is more money then getting everyone to pay $60 for a mobile game.

I might be willing to pay $60 for a Diablo mobile game if it has all the content (and no RM shop). But that isn't the game Activision/Blizzard wanted to make. So I guess I'll never know.

EDIT: I'm hoping when the whales figure out that every time a game dies they've lost their $100k and don't get it back, realize that they should stop doing this and then have gamble mechanics die on their own. But that will likely never happen because people who can drop $100k on a mobile game can afford to do it over and over again multiple times.
Sadly legislation is the only way to get rid of this predatory practice. Nothing short of that will do.

This is ridiculous. I hope that the government uses some of my tax money to pay off the in-game debt of these poor gamers . . . wait, wrong forum?

Back