Blizzard Releases Classic Games for Free

Rock N' Roll Racing...
Haven't heard of that in ages....

Time to go back to my "I feel old cave".....

Someone said on the comments on that Rock N Roll racing was not the complete game. If so that is very disappointing.

Call me when they release Warcraft II Battle.net Edition for free!

I played the shit out of rock n roll racing i loved it, so awesome

Blizzard's Rock N Roll Racing download is some kind of hacked up SNES ROM running on a modified version of ZSNES. They cut out all of the music and limited the tracks for whatever reason. The music thing is acceptable since, from what I've read, the music wasn't actually licensed when they originally released the game. Don't know the logic behind the tracks. This game was tons of fun way back when.

This isn't the Rock N Roll racing you're looking for....

I saw this news and immediately went for it. Unfortunately my hopes were crushed immediately when the starting track appeared... and some generic midi was playing. Not the Paranoid title track.

....Waves Hand....

So I went to the 'Manual' to see if there was some explanation... 'lite version featuring 3 playable tracks from'... paraphrasing but you get the point.

... Move along.

Don't even bother with Rock And Roll racing, the only one of the free games they released I actually wanted to play. The midi sound track on the 3 tracks is great, but there is no choice in who you can play. 3 Tracks total. It plays in a itsy bitsy lil window. Play it on a real SNES instead, you'll have way more fun.

Don't even bother with Rock And Roll racing, the only one of the free games they released I actually wanted to play. The midi sound track on the 3 tracks is great, but there is no choice in who you can play. 3 Tracks total. It plays in a itsy bitsy lil window.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with this. I knew something was up when it went straight to the race without going to the care and level selection menu. What's the point of winning races and collecting prize money if you can't buy any upgrades with it? FWIW, I beleive ALT-Enter switches to fullscreen mode from the tiny window.

Time to get the ol' emulator up and running again...

Play it on a real SNES instead, you'll have way more fun.

Now that I think about it, I think I do still have a copy of it for my SNES.

Back