Blizzard is working on an unannounced game

So none of you think that Blizzard is capable of making a whole new game? I mean I know they have thrown around a lot of Diablo(s), StarCraft(s) and WarCraft(s).... but I still believe Blizzard can be creative enough to come out with something else as good as crack.

Thats what I'm saying, it almost seems to me that Blizzard is relying on all of their old IP's to make money. Starcraft this, World of Whatever next, I really dont care anymore. I played Warcraft2, I played starcraft, I played all the Diablo's, spent 2 years of my life on WoW and now its time for something completly new.

Im sure whatever Blizzard delivers to us this Holiday season is going to be awesome, but like I said in an earlier post, Im ready for something new.

Thats what I'm saying, it almost seems to me that Blizzard is relying on all of their old IP's to make money. Starcraft this, World of Whatever next, I really dont care anymore. I played Warcraft2, I played starcraft, I played all the Diablo's, spent 2 years of my life on WoW and now its time for something completly new.

Im sure whatever Blizzard delivers to us this Holiday season is going to be awesome, but like I said in an earlier post, Im ready for something new.

The question is, what hasn't been done yet that would be considered "new"?

We have our MMOGs, FPSs, strategy games, RTS, etc.

To be perfectly honest, I do hope that Blizz doesn't plan on making an MMOG StarCraft... I don't see that happening in the slightest.

Now when I say "new" I'm thinking of a new IP from them, not a whole new genre :D

I agree with you. I really enjoyed SC and I'm really glade to see they are making a SC2... I feel its greatly needed (much of the story I felt was left untold at the end of BroodWars) but I know Blizzard is made up of much talent and I'm sure they will deliver. At least I hope ;)

Why would they make a WoW 2? WoW is an ever growning, there is nothing WoW 2 would add to WoW except perhaps a new graphics engine.

yeah, unless they take the whole "prequel" route.
they could easily do an mmo and fit it to their needs... while continuing to allow the original to grow. they could for that matter have it be a "prequel" rts.

*shrugs*.

not that i'm expecting that. but i think if//when the warcraft ip starts to expand again, that's the way it's going to go... at least at first.

they could easily do an mmo and fit it to their needs... while continuing to allow the original to grow. they could for that matter have it be a "prequel" rts.

*shrugs*.

not that i'm expecting that. but i think if//when the warcraft ip starts to expand again, that's the way it's going to go... at least at first.

I really dont think Blizzard should waste there time on another Warcaft game, they should put all the warcrafting into WoW, theres really no reason for them to make any other type of Warcraft game.

And to Baker, yes SC2 is going to be awesome, I'm excited about it, I was very glad when I saw Blizzard announce it last month. And I'm sure Blizz hasnt lost their edge, I bealive they are one of the best dev's in the busniess right now, but as you know, I'm ready and im sure alot of people are ready for something new ;)

*shrugs*.

yea its called warcraft 1, 2 and 3

Honestly though, which company doesn't make sequals to their games? they have 1 star craft, 3 warcrafts, 2 diablos, and now they have a MMO for their warcraft series ... thats not that bad, not to mention all of those games were a big hit and their second starcraft series is a guranteed big hit just with the long awaited hype of having a second starcraft just purely for story.

they could get away with anything they wanted to create, if they were banking on one of their older IP's no one would say anything other then another diablo, maybe it will be a different type of game, with the same plot lines? Who knows, but thinking about what they did with Warcraft and them transforming it (to where everyone is their own individual hero in the game) they can change any of their games to what they want and keep the same story lines ... maybe its SIM DIABLO: Attack of the EMO Kids!

Diablo: Ghost

:D

Diablo III as Free MMORPG to compete against free online games like Guild Wars, Ragnarok and etc.

... maybe its SIM DIABLO: Attack of the EMO Kids!

Lol that sounds like something I would play :eek:

Sequels are awesome, im hella excited for sc2...although, I think Blizz could make a pretty sick pirate's vs. ninja's game :D and maybe throw in some co-op action!

Back