Blizzard Declares That Diablo IV Has Gone Gold, Releases Gameplay Guide Video Series

Microtransactions work and I don't care if people want to dump assloads of money into a video game.... As long as you can grind to win as well.
The fallacy with this argument is the creators can (and probably do) make that grind more difficult when they have a financial incentive to want people to get frustrated with grinding. You'll never know to what level that is because the game always started with microtransactions so the drop rate is whatever the drop rate is but you have to know inside that they absolutely will make the grind more difficult/tedious such that it tempts people into the microtransaction side of things.

The fallacy with this argument is the creators can (and probably do) make that grind more difficult when they have a financial incentive to want people to get frustrated with grinding. You'll never know to what level that is because the game always started with microtransactions so the drop rate is whatever the drop rate is but you have to know inside that they absolutely will make the grind more difficult/tedious such that it tempts people into the microtransaction side of things.

Diablo Immortal..."cough". And yet I enjoyed the game for a few weeks but quit because I hit a pay wall. Knew that going in though.

I heard grumblings of D4 possibly selling cosmetics only...don't quote me on that. :) D3 worked out well after the auction house removal.

I agree with you. But there's no way of knowing unless someone leaks it or someone hacks the game code to find out and the drop rate is likely controlled by their servers in D4 rather than any locally cached assets.

The problem also is that microtransactions aren't going away in most other games. Play any android game and most of the games try to farm their players for real world cash.

I think it's multi pronged problem. If developers don't make enough money the studios die. If they do make enough money they can keep making better games more often. Most of the old studios that we loved, are gone. Some of these studios might have been able to remain independent of the larger publishers if they had a constant flow of income. Not just one and done video game sales. Any of the studios I cared about got gobbled up by EA or other holding companies and I haven't really seen much stuff that blows me away anymore. I haven't picked up anything recently other than D4 which I enjoyed in beta with my family and Jedi Survivor... The latter of which is a "safe bet" game that introduces nothing new to the genre. You would think you could use a blaster or a rocket launcher in the game like has been the case in older titles (with full dismemberment) like Jedi Academy and the Jedi Knight Series. Looking forward to the independent remake of Jedi Knight (looks awesome). I hate Kotaku but it's the first search hit that popped https://kotaku.com/star-wars-dark-forces-jedi-knight-unreal-engine-pc-mod-1850085680 This remake is more innovative and flexible than Jedi Fallen Order: Survivor....

Nothing is gonna change in the industry, without income. Even the Dark forces II remake needs funds to move forward... I am gonna back that one, wish there were more of these

Last edited:
I agree with you. But there's no way of knowing unless someone leaks it or someone hacks the game code to find out and the drop rate is likely controlled by their servers in D4 rather than any locally cached assets.
Ultimately it'll be judged by players who decide whether or not the grind is overly tedious or something that actually is ok to experience because it's fun gameplay.
The problem also is that microtransactions aren't going away in most other games. Play any android game and most of the games try to farm their players for real world cash.
My problem is comparing mobile games to computer games, they really should be in way different categories as far as what is "acceptable" and without going through a huge diatribe on why I'll simply say this... most mobile games that are loaded with microtransactions are free or at the very most very low cost, not $70.

Ultimately it'll be judged by players who decide whether or not the grind is overly tedious or something that actually is ok to experience because it's fun gameplay.

My problem is comparing mobile games to computer games, they really should be in way different categories as far as what is "acceptable" and without going through a huge diatribe on why I'll simply say this... most mobile games that are loaded with microtransactions are free or at the very most very low cost, not $70.
No argument with the judgement aspect of the game.

You do make a good point on the mobile games. Perhaps, we will see that model emerge in PC gaming. But if that happens it will be a couple years of dialing in what people will and will not accept. Though I suspect that is what they are already doing to us now. Only a matter of time before we have to pay an annual or monthly fee for everything. I'm fighting it and still purchasing stand alone applications but it's getting harder to find em...

No argument with the judgement aspect of the game.

You do make a good point on the mobile games. Perhaps, we will see that model emerge in PC gaming. But if that happens it will be a couple years of dialing in what people will and will not accept. Though I suspect that is what they are already doing to us now. Only a matter of time before we have to pay an annual or monthly fee for everything. I'm fighting it and still purchasing stand alone applications but it's getting harder to find em...
Hasn't that model already emerged? F2P and they just sell tons of skins. D4 is already selling a bunch of useless junk with the $100 edition. Just have to accept this will likely only get worse due to the fools who support it.

Hasn't that model already emerged? F2P and they just sell tons of skins. D4 is already selling a bunch of useless junk with the $100 edition. Just have to accept this will likely only get worse due to the fools who support it.
I am one of the fools... lol. My Cousin and I picked up the Unlimited Edition on a whim. 10 bucks more than the Deluxe edition.... No arguments with you either. I just scanned the bonuses and ordered it. But I'm not one of the people on here complaining.

Thanks for the link $108.24 was my total. I make 100K a year so i don't care about money or politics about company's. I just want to play something fun when i get back home.
I make half what you make. And I still agree with you about wanting to play something fun when I'm home. I only care about the politics if it's being shoved in my face and screaming for me to accept it. I stay away from that crap.

I mean, Blizzard has been doing this forever. Have you seen the ultimate editions of every World of Warcraft expansion?

I mean, Blizzard has been doing this forever. Have you seen the ultimate editions of every World of Warcraft expansion?
I don't play WoW but I'm aware of it. In OW2 they switched to the battlepass from their lootbox scheme. We'll see if they start selling additional cosmetics in D4 I guess.

I don't play WoW but I'm aware of it. In OW2 they switched to the battlepass from their lootbox scheme. We'll see if they start selling additional cosmetics in D4 I guess.
We already know Diablo IV has a battle pass.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022#Pass

Personally, I don't give a shit. I'm going to play the game how I want to play it, not at the subjective whims of whomever is coming up with the battle pass goals.

We also know there is a shop for cosmetics:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022#Shop

We already know Diablo IV has a battle pass.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022#Pass

Personally, I don't give a shit. I'm going to play the game how I want to play it, not at the subjective whims of whomever is coming up with the battle pass goals.

We also know there is a shop for cosmetics:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022#Shop
Well I shouldn't be surprised, milk 'em for all their worth.

I heard grumblings of D4 possibly selling cosmetics only...don't quote me on that.
Dexerto (https://www.dexerto.com/diablo/diablo-4-microtransactions-pay-to-win-2076837/):

Yes, Diablo 4 will feature microtransactions. Kegan Clark, director of product for Diablo 4 spoke about the live service monetization present in the game, stating that: “Diablo IV will be a full-price game with a Cosmetics Shop and Battle Pass—none of which provide any pay-for-power options.”

No, Diablo 4 does not include any pay to win mechanics. During the quarterly update, Blizzard revealed that Diablo 4’s season design is tailored to in-game progression rather than locking power behind pricey paywalls.

Microtransactions work and I don't care if people want to dump assloads of money into a video game.... As long as you can grind to win as well. If it was PvP I would have an issue with it. However, it's PvE so, who cares if someone's got better gear faster than me. If they paywall sections of the game then, I will have an issue. If I am not mistaken the 100 bucks I paid for the game gives me season pass or some shit, so I guess I'm paying to win? I could give a shit about all the cosmetic stuff. But the free horses and stuff for world traversal seemed like a sweet deal. Worst case I paid 30 bucks or so too much.

Looks like I paid 10 bucks too much. Deluxe would have been enough, not a big deal though:

(20) Tier Skips for Ultimate Edition​

To get tier skips in Diablo 4, players can purchase the Ultimate Edition of the game, which includes an accelerated seasonal battle pass and 20-tier skips. However, it is important to note that tier skips only provide cosmetic rewards and do not offer any in-game advantages or boosts. Players can still access the free season pass and its in-game boosts without purchasing skip tiers. Additionally, spending money on tier skips or in-game currency will not speed up the unlocking of free tier pass rewards, as these rewards can only be obtained by playing the game. Ultimately, tier skips are a way for players to progress through battle passes faster and unlock cosmetic rewards, but they are not necessary for gameplay progression or success.

Tier Skips just let you access harder difficulty gameplay faster. Nothing more.
Yeah good points

Jealousy, envy, ignorance, and many other terms fit people like you that think only your value judgements are correct. SMDH.

He is literally bitching about something that is the goal of every company's Marketing and Sale's employees jobs LOL.

I don't believe anywhere in his post did he say he wanted more government control.

I said it "sounds like" because what else can we think. It's not a company's job to prioritize customer's interests over making the most money for their employees and shareholders. Sure often times they coincide and balance each other out but that is not the ultimate goal. Only other way to kill that is .gov regulation of a private industry. Or just not buy what the company is selling, you know free choice and all. Let the market decide.

I said it "sounds like" because what else can we think. It's not a company's job to prioritize customer's interests over making the most money for their employees and shareholders. Sure often times they coincide and balance each other out but that is not the ultimate goal. Only other way to kill that is .gov regulation of a private industry. Or just not buy what the company is selling, you know free choice and all. Let the market decide.
He just simply made a statement of fact. Consumers want to buy a product at the lowest possible price, corps want to sell it at the highest possible price. It seems more like you just wanted to inject some political angle here.

He just simply made a statement of fact. Consumers want to buy a product at the lowest possible price, corps want to sell it at the highest possible price. It seems more like you just wanted to inject some political angle here.

LOL no...we get it company bad.

Economic equilibrium. Seems like demand for video games is still high as publishers push the $70 price point, though we may see how that ultimately plays out in the next year. Saw a report that video game revenue is still falling after last quarter.

And Activision/Blizzard is scummier than everyone else? Worse than EA? Worse than Microsoft?

I don't think taking a stand here is gonna do shit, now if we could get everyone to refuse to buy video cards from Nvidia that might actually do something. Paying 60-99 bucks for a game is childs play. Thankfully they made the game accessible and it runs on older hardware at decent FPS. Because the cost of upgrading to run games is generally more painful than the cost of the games themselves.
You might want to look up whataboutism
Regardless the answer is a RESOUNDING YES.

When Microsoft fully absorbs and replaces the scumbags then I will buy another Blizzard game

It's called capitalism. Sounds like what you seek is more government control. That works out well doesn't it.
Based government control, unfettered capitalism is so much better, lets get rid of the government entirely and see how society ends up.

You might want to look up whataboutism
Regardless the answer is a RESOUNDING YES.
I'm not raising a different issue, I just don't give a fuck. I bought the game to play with my Cousin, his kid, my Sister's Husband and some of my buddies. I am gonna enjoy the shit out of it while the rest of you whine about the price being too high.

I'm not raising a different issue, I just don't give a fuck. I bought the game to play with my Cousin, his kid, my Sister's Husband and some of my buddies. I am gonna enjoy the shit out of it while the rest of you pussies whine about the price being too high.

I'm probably going to hell for this or getting banned...
It has nothing to do with the price. Also just play the original D2 together it's better anyways

It has nothing to do with the price. Also just play the original D2 together it's better anyways
I played all of em. I am exhausted with janky ancient graphics. I don't have a bitched out rig so I can play old games optimized for the AMD K6 processor. I enjoyed the shit out of the Beta, at 4K, maximum settings in surround with my feet on a 12" Sub.

They will at some point. Immortal proved how profitable it can be.
Free mobile games ≠ $70+ PC/console game. C'mon, man!
I hear game is going to be micro transaction pay 2 win hell

Let's hope that was all just fud
Would like to know who said this wland what their source is. I've followed pretty much everything on this game since rumors started and have never seen anything official on that.
Thanks for the link $108.24 was my total. I make 100K a year so i don't care about money or politics about company's. I just want to play something fun when i get back home.
Same here. A bit more, but yeah. I just want to decompress and enjoy a franchise I've been playing since I was in middle school on a PIII 333MHz.
Eh, didn't care much for the last Diablo so I'm going to pass on this one.
The current state of D3 is pretty amazing. It is not recognizable to where it was at launch. I would give it another chance.

I'd rather buy another implement for my Kubota than pay 108 for a video game. Or an upgrade for my bass boat, or a new Japanese Maple for my yard or.... but perhaps the devs think thier game is worth it and they put the effort behind it to prove it. Exciting weirdly.

Back