Blizzard Announces Diablo 2: Resurrected

i signed up for alpha a long time ago and was accepted but not seeing it!
is there something i am missing?

I opted in. Can't wait to get pinned in the A2 tunnels by lightning scarabs again. :mad:

Or the "I'm immune to everything, screw you" elites.

i signed up for alpha a long time ago and was accepted but not seeing it!
is there something i am missing?
Signing up <> guaranteed Alpha play. They are offering only certain people the access based on the pool of people that signed up.

AKA it's still a lottery, one I'm hoping to win!

Son of a bitch!

what do I have to do to get an invite?! Show em em my Diablo 2 Collectors Edition box?!
I’ve always found that top end hardware gets invited. I don’t remember doing a snapshot of my computer though for this alpha.

Don’t have a new GPU though lol

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get invited to one I applied for

I’ve always found that top end hardware gets invited. I don’t remember doing a snapshot of my computer though for this alpha.

Don’t have a new GPU though lol

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get invited to one I applied for
Back around 2000 I was running a dual processor p2 400 w/ GeForce 2 Ultra. I got invited to everything!

Back around 2000 I was running a dual processor p2 400 w/ GeForce 2 Ultra. I got invited to everything!
Back around 2000 I would have stabbed you in an alley for that rig. Thankfully I can now afford expensive hardware. Plus the tech just doesn’t move as fast.

And now I just won a new egg shuffle for a gigabyte windforce 6700XT. I’ve never owned a gigabyte card, and don’t know shit about the windforce, but I bought it without thinking twice. Guess today is just coming up endgame.

The videos / streams look really promising. Very hard to not pre purchase but their previous remaster of WC3 has me nervous.

SC1 was a day 1 buy for me and went well, I have a feeling I'll cave for this one too.

I have to say, it’s really pretty. Big upgrade from original d2... but it’s been 20 years so I would hope so.

I’m getting lots of stuttering - not sure if it’s my crappy video card or just the game in alpha state. I’ll find out when the 6700XT arrives.

I have to say, it’s really pretty. Big upgrade from original d2... but it’s been 20 years so I would hope so.

I’m getting lots of stuttering - not sure if it’s my crappy video card or just the game in alpha state. I’ll find out when the 6700XT arrives.
Are you using the 1080 ti in your sig? Because I'd be surprised if that wasn't enough based on the YT videos.

Are you using the 1080 ti in your sig? Because I'd be surprised if that wasn't enough based on the YT videos.
My 1080ti is still in my 2700x running folding at home 100% of the time. The 5950x has a 4GB RX 560 in it that will get replaced when the 6700xt arrives.

And now I just won a new egg shuffle for a gigabyte windforce 6700XT. I’ve never owned a gigabyte card, and don’t know shit about the windforce, but I bought it without thinking twice. Guess today is just coming up endgame.
I've been using my gigabyte windforce GTX 1080 for a few years now and it's been flawless, I wouldn't worry about it 😉

I've been using my gigabyte windforce GTX 1080 for a few years now and it's been flawless, I wouldn't worry about it 😉
I’ll have to do some research and see what my Waterblock options are. My rig is all setup for a video card to be added to the loop, but if I can’t track one down I may need to just upgrade to a better card when the video card market comes back to reality.

The videos / streams look really promising. Very hard to not pre purchase but their previous remaster of WC3 has me nervous.

SC1 was a day 1 buy for me and went well, I have a feeling I'll cave for this one too.
No preorders until there is a solid release date. The store page still says, "by December 31, 2021."

Noticed they stopped selling the original Diablo II digitally, or otherwise are hiding it really well now. Couldn't they have at least waited until the new version is actually out? Glad I bought a copy last year after holding off for so long.

No preorders until there is a solid release date. The store page still says, "by December 31, 2021."

Noticed they stopped selling the original Diablo II digitally, or otherwise are hiding it really well now. Couldn't they have at least waited until the new version is actually out? Glad I bought a copy last year after holding off for so long.
I can understand that though, they are letting sales go to prevent the risk of people screaming about buying d2 and then the following week a release date gets announced. Which is really weird for activision to be okay with that.

My expectations were pretty low at first but so far I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've seen

I played about 5 hours over the alpha weekend - I last played d2 about 3 years ago, but gave up on it due to the graphics. This time through, it never lost the “sooo pretty” feeling, but I know that will eventually fade, and I have significant concerns about ultra wide resolution screens when things open up on battle net. I also have some concerns regarding getting bored with the lack of true endgame content, and some skills still possibly being dead ends, but it still looks like a pre order for me.

Wth is that and how is it related to D2, lol. I'm not about to dare opening it and ruin my YT recommendations any further than they already are

Also, it is likely true they are being super faithful to the original in terms of skills/etc- I don't even know if there are any plans to rebalance or change skills like some 3rd-party projects have done (Project Diablo 2, etc)

I think I read somewhere that their plan was to reflect the "current" patch of D2 in terms of balance/gameplay

Only thing I've seen so far that is different is QOL things like auto gold pickup (which is really nice, tbh)

Horrible D2 news, everyone!

giphy.gif

Wth is that and how is it related to D2, lol. I'm not about to dare opening it and ruin my YT recommendations any further than they already are

Also, it is likely true they are being super faithful to the original in terms of skills/etc- I don't even know if there are any plans to rebalance or change skills like some 3rd-party projects have done (Project Diablo 2, etc)

I think I read somewhere that their plan was to reflect the "current" patch of D2 in terms of balance/gameplay

Only thing I've seen so far that is different is QOL things like auto gold pickup (which is really nice, tbh)
The auto gold pickup was very nice, as well as the shared stash space. I have no desire to make half a dozen mule accounts if I don’t have to.

I would love prayer / mediation / clay golem / etc to all be worthy of putting 20 points into, which certainly isn’t the case now.

The thumb nail is worse than the video. All it is is a streamer noting that they put shorts on the Amazon, replacing the loincloth she originally wore.
I watched it. Okay...kinda funny.

Of course they're gonna censor Andariels tits too I assume.

Last edited:
Of all the things to worry about, I have to admit, 1.4 pixels of nip are not on the list.

The cluster-frank of being electric-aura'd down in the farking tunnels will remain an issue long after we're done thinking Andariel should have a sports-bra.

Of all the things to worry about, I have to admit, 1.4 pixels of nip are not on the list.

The cluster-frank of being electric-aura'd down in the farking tunnels will remain an issue long after we're done thinking Andariel should have a sports-bra.
No! We must have Demon Tits! It is the way. looking forward to what the modding community comes up with.

I didn't want to think about it, I tried so hard. Those electric scarabs are gonna kill us aren't they?

No! We must have Demon Tits! It is the way. looking forward to what the modding community comes up with.

I didn't want to think about it, I tried so hard. Those electric scarabs are gonna kill us aren't they?
Interesting thought - because I had assumed this would be "mostly online" which we can read as "aggressively against mods", even simple texture ones.

Interesting thought - because I had assumed this would be "mostly online" which we can read as "aggressively against mods", even simple texture ones.
I'm sure the full game will be cracked just like the Alpha was.

I didn’t even watch 30 seconds. I have no desire to watch and listen to a dude read forum posts... I think I’d rather go listen to people talk about 16th century literature or something rather than listen to that dude read form posts.
I promise you there was none of that in the video I linked.

It's funny, this was actually a serious bug back in the day (no pun intended), particularly if you played hardcode mode. The "fire enchanted" (enemy blows up on death) enemy mod was bugged and, when combined with "lightning enchanted" (enemy emits charged bolts when hit), somehow resulted in all of the charged bolts delivering the fire explosion damage, which would insta-kill you...but only in Nightmare mode. Since the scarabs naturally had the lightning enchanted affix they became some of the most dangerous enemies to face because you would often meet them in those narrow tunnels and get shotgunned by a bunch the bolts.

The bug was finally fixed long after I stopped playing D2, but luckily those stygian dolls will still run out of the darkness and kill you too. Thank you for joining me on this trip down memory lane.

Back