Blizzard/Activation being hit by the Perfect Storm. Will they survive?

I spend all my time with them. I make a side business hooking up girls with white conservative husband types with extra guys on the side.

I see you're into online fantasy role-play. Have you tried Final Fantasy XIV? I hear it's absolutely crushing it with former WoW players.

Ghetto Wiseman says,
Chics r jus as nassy es dudes man! Believe! Buuuurp

Only on the internet 😂

And now that the thread is completely of center...i predict some money grubbing hedge fund company will buy them out and drive them into the ground. Honestly, i have no idea whats going to happen to them.

Ghetto Wiseman says,
Chics r jus as nassy es dudes man! Believe! Buuuurp

Only on the internet 😂

And now that the thread is completely of center...i predict some money grubbing hedge fund company will buy them out and drive them into the ground. Honestly, i have no idea whats going to happen to them.
Its a straight up pimp.

Nobody killed women for getting out of line historically. That is a modern fantasy, concoted by feminists who have retconned history after defining gender roles as a form of "oppression" as part of the ongoing rejection of all social order that came out of the French revolution.

The truth is that men are actually wired to come to the defence of women no matter what. During the world wars society actually took advantage of that by manipulating men to enlist and fight after exploiting their sense of honor in regards to women. They would have girls hand over any men who didn't want to joint the war effort a white feather, a symbol of cowardice, the shame of which was so strong most of those young men rushed to join the battle. Meanwhile, women were excempt from having to be shoved in the meat grinder those wars ended up being, so much for the "oppression" of women when men were dying in the trenches by the hundreds of thousand. Ask the men who stormed Normandy how much easier their life was compared with that women.

For most of human history, men and women were shoved into the roles most befitting their natural propensities and there was nothing arbitrary about that social arrangement, because for the most part it was a matter of survival. Only now, with the material surplus created by the industrial revolution we can afford to defy gender norms.

This thread…. Is the most off topic I’ve seen lately.

Related to the thread: it may be anecdotal but I have seen SO many big streamers move away from WoW and other blizzard games playing alternatives. It’s been a major shift for weeks. That hurts the bottom line I am sure.

Related to the thread: it may be anecdotal but I have seen SO many big streamers move away from WoW and other blizzard games playing alternatives. It’s been a major shift for weeks. That hurts the bottom line I am sure.
What sucks there really isn't any good alternative.

WoW has been getting worse and worse since Wrath. I think at this point people were just hanging on due to inertia and the refusal to admit all the time they invested in the game yielded nothing in the end and all a lot of them needed was an a excuse to finally call it quits once and for all.

Final fantasy 14 has had a major uptick.
I played for a bit over a week. Its not the same. I'm onto Guild Wars 2 now, and its ok...but there's something missing.

I think its the dungeon crawling. I'd love to be able to level strictly from dungeons. Queue up. Zone in. Clear. Repeat.

Guild Wars was never an MMO, was it? More like a Diablo-like with a place to meet people. All the zones were "instanced", exactly like Diablo. No real persistent world.

At least that's how it was in the first one, never played Guild Wars 2.

BTW, another example of what Blizzard what it was. That the devs were genuine nerds:

Michael Morhaime played bass in those songs. Even the CEO was a nerd, and not some soulless corporate lawyer. It was an other era.

Guild Wars was never an MMO, was it? More like a Diablo-like with a place to meet people. All the zones were "instanced", exactly like Diablo. No real persistent world.

At least that's how it was in the first one, never played Guild Wars 2.
Yea, there are zones that are instanced. Its not bad. I do like how each zone is scaled down. So even at level cap, you go to a low level place, it scales down, the rewards are still acceptable as a max level. The folks are nice too. I was in a zone last night and there was something like a hundred people standing around. I asked what the deal was. I don't know how they knew, but an open world boss was about to summon. Next thing I knew, it spawned. Afterwards I got a bunch of guild invites from people saying they'd love to have me, can teach me about the game, etc.

Its not a bad game. FFXIV didn't last a week for me. Too much zoning around talking to NPCs for my taste.

I played for a bit over a week. Its not the same. I'm onto Guild Wars 2 now, and its ok...but there's something missing.

I think its the dungeon crawling. I'd love to be able to level strictly from dungeons. Queue up. Zone in. Clear. Repeat.
I played GW2 for years. Liked it better than WoW. I am now playing FF14, also like it better than WoW. Always just a matter of opinion. The story has been great so far on FF.

Yea, there are zones that are instanced. Its not bad. I do like how each zone is scaled down. So even at level cap, you go to a low level place, it scales down, the rewards are still acceptable as a max level. The folks are nice too. I was in a zone last night and there was something like a hundred people standing around. I asked what the deal was. I don't know how they knew, but an open world boss was about to summon. Next thing I knew, it spawned. Afterwards I got a bunch of guild invites from people saying they'd love to have me, can teach me about the game, etc.

Its not a bad game. FFXIV didn't last a week for me. Too much zoning around talking to NPCs for my taste.
They knew because there is a global timer and the bosses spawn in a specific order at a specific time. There are many websites that have this timer on them.

I always thought the GW2 community was helpful and nice. That game provided me with hundreds of hours of fun.

I played GW2 for years. Liked it better than WoW. I am now playing FF14, also like it better than WoW. Always just a matter of opinion. The story has been great so far on FF.
Yea, that's the big thing. Storylines. I hate stories. I just want to log in and play. Not follow a bunch of NPC blabbing about.

BTW, another example of what Blizzard what it was. That the devs were genuine nerds:

Michael Morhaime played bass in those songs. Even the CEO was a nerd, and not some soulless corporate lawyer. It was an other era.

Another era entirely.

They knew because there is a global timer and the bosses spawn in a specific order at a specific time. There are many websites that have this timer on them.

I always thought the GW2 community was helpful and nice. That game provided me with hundreds of hours of fun.
Ah, ok. That makes sense then.

Yea, so far its been fine. Lots to do. Its not bad.

Yea, that's the big thing. Storylines. I hate stories. I just want to log in and play. Not follow a bunch of NPC blabbing about.
Different strokes for different folks. I always liked the FF MMO games more than WoW because of the storytelling. Running around not being able to truly grasp why I was running around was the thing that turned me off from WoW.

Different strokes for different folks. I always liked the FF MMO games more than WoW because of the storytelling. Running around not being able to truly grasp why I was running around was the thing that turned me off from WoW.
My longest gaming session was clearing levels of TOI in Lineage ][ for 76 hours straight. Before that, World of Warcraft for 72, then Pindleskin runs for 68 hours non-stop.

My longest gaming session was clearing levels of TOI in Lineage ][ for 76 hours straight. Before that, World of Warcraft for 72, then Pindleskin runs for 68 hours non-stop.
I don't know how people do it. I start to feel my brain slipping past the 36 hour point, after that point between 25-35 hours when you don't feel tired anymore. You think you're still cognizant and aware, but you really are not anymore.

There's some story in WoW, but it ends abrutly after a certain point (like the whole Defias subtplot in the human areas that fizzles out suddenly without warning).

Feels like they were trying, released the game before they could get an expanded story line, then gave up on ever trying to finish it as they kept focusing on other stuff with the expansions.

The big issue with story driven MMOs is that story only works if you are playing by yourself. Even right from the first zone WoW wanted you to play in groups (Hogger being among the first stumbling block for people adamant in wanting to play by themselves). When you are with other people, it's really hard paying attention to the story or the writing in quests.

What they could have done is add a lot of lore around the world for the player to explore on their own. Morrowind had something like with all those books you could just pick up and read. Sadly, we never actually got that in the end.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, women were excempt from having to be shoved in the meat grinder those wars ended up being, so much for the "oppression" of women when men were dying in the trenches by the hundreds of thousand. Ask the men who stormed Normandy how much easier their life was compared with that women.

Women have made broad inroads fighting for their inclusion in our society and military. In 1996, 119 women were admitted to West Point, Shannon Faulkner was the first woman to attend The Citadel in 1995, and Beth Ann Hogan was the first woman to attend VMI in 1996.

And yet, to this day, despite all of their protestations about seeking equality in our society, women are conspicuously silent about their exclusion from the requirement to register with the Selective Service System, something men are required to do in order to receive Federal financial aid for college.

I can't help but wonder what kind of mental gymnastics happen when all of those proud budding feminists are filling out their financial aid forms and come across question 22:

If you’re a male between the ages of 18–25 and not registered with the Selective Service System (SSS), select “Yes” and the SSS will register you. You can also register online. This requirement applies to any person assigned the sex of male at birth.

Last edited:
Can't find the article, but a lot of the big wigs involved in Diablo 4 we're just fired. They were part of the Cosby suite and are named in the lawsuit

Can't find the article, but a lot of the big wigs involved in Diablo 4 we're just fired. They were part of the Cosby suite and are named in the lawsuit
Everybody in the photo, afaict, is either termed or currently on administrative leave.
This includes some people on unannounced projects.

They were *not* named in the initial lawsuit. Perhaps an amended complaint has been filed but I didn't see one.

I suspect we'll see some follow up suits for wrongful termination unless these folks also got payouts.

Everybody in the photo, afaict, is either termed or currently on administrative leave.
This includes some people on unannounced projects.

They were *not* named in the initial lawsuit. Perhaps an amended complaint has been filed but I didn't see one.

I suspect we'll see some follow up suits for wrongful termination unless these folks also got payouts.

I wouldn't expect any kind of lawsuit from those folks. People in leadership positions are pretty rarely fired. I wouldn't be surprised if they were "encouraged" to resign while signing a contract giving them a hefty severance package that includes a clause preventing them from suing.

I wouldn't expect any kind of lawsuit from those folks. People in leadership positions are pretty rarely fired. I wouldn't be surprised if they were "encouraged" to resign while signing a contract giving them a hefty severance package that includes a clause preventing them from suing.
Yes absolutely. They either got paid out or will file.

I'm sorry but haven't we already established the photo was taken before anybody knew anything about Cosby and was called the Cosby room because of the tacky decor?

How the hell isn't this a literal which hunt? We are really back in the 16th century with this metoo stuff. Reminds me of the moral panic about pedophilia in the 80s.

Even logically speaking, there is NO way a western company in the 21st century would be so brazen about "raping" women at work. Believing that it could happen is the very definition of a moral panic. Not even Hervey Weinstein had rape rooms with his friends. Come on now.

Last edited:
BTW, here's one of the complains:

During a company event (an annual convention called Blizz Con [sic]) Afrasiabi would hit on female employees, telling him [sic] he wanted to marry them, attempting to kiss them, and putting his arms around them,” the complaint reads. “This was in plain view of other male employees, including supervisors, who had to intervene and pull him off female employees. Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the ‘Crosby Suite’ [sic] after alleged rapist Bill Crosby [sic].”

Literally a case of trying to LARP as Chad while being unattractive. It's totally ok when Henry Cavill does it because it's not harassment when you are good looking:

We have become so hysterical about men trying to initiate ANY kind of sexual banter with a woman that mere poor judgement or social awkardness is the equivalent of literal rape.

I just watched a video where one of the complains was that some of the Blizzard higher ups courted and married some of their female employees. Imagine that, asking a woman you like at work to marry you and she says yes. Absolutely despicable.

BTW, here's one of the complains:

Literally a case of trying to LARP as Chad while being unattractive. It's totally ok when Henry Cavill does it because it's not harassment when you are good looking:

We have become so hysterical about men trying to initiate ANY kind of sexual banter with a woman that mere poor judgement or social awkardness is the equivalent of literal rape.

I just watched a video where one of the complains was that some of the Blizzard higher ups courted and married some of their female employees. Imagine that, asking a woman you like at work to marry you and she says yes. Absolutely despicable.

Huh, I wonder ifs because there's a difference between wanted and unwanted attention and a huge fucking difference between a co-worker/co-star making advances and someone in a position in power.

It should be painfully obvious that if your advances are making people uncomfortable you fucking stop making them. You also DO NOT put your hands on people without permission and you especially do not try to fucking kiss them. I don't know how you have such a hard time understanding why that's a problem. I'm sure women you work with must avoid you like the plague if that's how you act.

Huh, I wonder ifs because there's a difference between wanted and unwanted attention and a huge fucking difference between a co-worker/co-star making advances and someone in a position in power.

It should be painfully obvious that if your advances are making people uncomfortable you fucking stop making them. You also DO NOT put your hands on people without permission and you especially do not try to fucking kiss them. I don't know how you have such a hard time understanding why that's a problem. I'm sure women you work with must avoid you like the plague if that's how you act.

It doesn't matter what's wanted or not, it's still not rape. No woman has ever died after recieving "unwanted" attention from men. No woman was ever traumatized by a botched attempt at flirting. We are at a point now where you can't even "touch" a woman when taking a picture. You have to hover your hand away from her body like an imbecile because what if she didn't consent to being "touched"? When people are reduced to doing this you know we live under a mass form of social psychosis:

mChMROKbkt15lC7vT6-sCMteaqgaViDpUNfgLRK2eB9F_1q74a.jpg

I'm not saying certain behaviors aren't inappropriate, but there's a fine line between poor judgement and criminal behavior and that line has been blurred beyond recognition.

Let's not forget that all of this is a result of the legacy of the so called "sexual revolution", you know, that thing feminists actually wanted. Back in the "old" days of patriarchal oppression men were told to behave appropriately around women. But after the 60s it became a free for all where open sexual advances were welcomed and expected. It's "normal" now to go to a bar or a club or any place like that to try to "score" with women. Free love, and all that.

What people weren't told and that is becoming increasingly obvious now is that this kind of behavor is "acceptable" only when good looking guys do it (stuff like PUA exists because people don't realize you cannot become Chad by imitating his behavior). If i had to take a guess, this Afrasiabi guy is probably just some stupid nerd who thought he could finally live out like Chad now that he has money. I think Notch got into a similar phase, throwing wild parties until it dawned on him that reguardless of how rich he was, he was still nothing but a nerd and a loser in the eyes of the "popular" people he surrounded himself with which is when he stopped giving those parties.

I think this social dynamic has left a lot of men stunted and socially immature, to the point the moment some of them becomes successful in some way they feel they can finally "live" the kind of life they were always denied when they were teens. Obviously, that's not the case but again there's a fine line with being a deluded nerd who thinks he can "get it on" as he if was Henry Cavill just because he has some money now to being a veritable predator and a rapist.

BTW, for the record, it's not only men who engage in this kind of behavior. I was actually patted in the butt by an older woman once. I didn't feel "violated" i just felt embarassed that i had to find a way to make it obvious i wasn't interested without having to embarass her or hurt her feelings. It CERTAINLY never dawned on me to call the cops on her. Again, poor judgement is not the same as criminal behavior. This is a message Chris Avellone sent in a fit of drunken idiocy:

1592942314909.jpg

Embarassing? Sure. Is it criminal? I don't think so. Looking at the details of his case, it's obvious that he didn't actually do anything bad, but his career was still destroyed and he was still labeled as a predator. Is this normal for you?

Let's now talk about Alec Holowka, who killed himself after being accused of sexually harassing that lunatic, Zoe Quinn. Was he guilty, or is this what can happen when guilty before being proven innocent is the standard modus operandi of our society now?

Both Avellone and Holowka were genuinely talented people. Anyone who cares about this hobby should be a little concerned when people like that are destroyed with such ease.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what's wanted or not, it's still not rape. No woman has ever died after recieving "unwanted" attention from men. No woman was ever traumatized by a botched attempt at flirting. We are at a point now where you can't even "touch" a woman when taking a picture. You have to hover your hand away from her body like an imbecile because what if she didn't consent to being "touched"? When people are reduced to doing this you know we live under a mass form of social psychosis:

View attachment 384044

I'm not saying certain behaviors aren't inappropriate, but there's a fine line between poor judgement and criminal behavior and that line has been blurred beyond recognition.

Let's not forget that all of this is a result of the legacy of the so called "sexual revolution", you know, that thing feminists actually wanted. Back in the "old" days of patriarchal oppression men were told to behave appropriately around women. But after the 60s it became a free for all where open sexual advances were welcomed and expected. It's "normal" now to go to a bar or a club or any place like that to try to "score" with women. Free love, and all that.

What people weren't told and that is becoming increasingly obvious now is that this kind of behavor is "acceptable" only when good looking guys do it (stuff like PUA exists because people don't realize you cannot become Chad by imitating his behavior). If i had to take a guess, this Afrasiabi guy is probably just some stupid nerd who thought he could finally live out like Chad now that he has money. I think Notch got into a similar phase, throwing wild parties until it dawned on him that reguardless of how rich he was, he was still nothing but a nerd and a loser in the eyes of the "popular" people he surrounded himself with which is when he stopped giving those parties.

I think this social dynamic has left a lot of men stunted and socially immature, to the point the moment some of them becomes successful in some way they feel they can finally "live" the kind of life they were always denied when they were teens. Obviously, that's not the case but again there's a fine line with being a deluded nerd who thinks he can "get it on" as he if was Henry Cavill just because he has some money now to being a veritable predator and a rapist.

BTW, for the record, it's not only men who engage in this kind of behavior. I was actually patted in the butt by an older woman once. I didn't feel "violated" i just felt embarassed that i had to find a way to make it obvious i wasn't interested without having to embarass her or hurt her feelings. It CERTAINLY never dawned on me to call the cops on her. Again, poor judgement is not the same as criminal behavior. This is a message Chris Avellone sent in a fit of drunken idiocy:

View attachment 384045

Embarassing? Sure. Is it criminal? I don't think so. Looking at the details of his case, it's obvious that he didn't actually do anything bad, but his career was still destroyed and he was still labeled as a predator. Is this normal for you?

Let's now talk about Alec Holowka, who killed himself after being accused of sexually harassing that lunatic, Zoe Quinn. Was he guilty, or is this what can happen when guilty before being proven innocent is the standard modus operandi of our society now?

Both Avellone and Holowka were genuinely talented people. Anyone who cares about this hobby should be a little concerned when people like that are destroyed with such ease.
He had the sense to immediately apologize in the morning after sobering up. People do dumb stuff under the influence of alcohol. If we are going to call the paddy wagon on drunken men then we should be calling the white coats with straitjackets on drunken women.

And if that were your sister or cousin or mother would you so quickly excuse away such disgusting behavior?
No, you would be tracking him down to give him the beating he deserves.
No one should be spoken to in such a despicable way period. Alcohol is not an excuse.

This thread needs to go away.

And if that were your sister or cousin or mother would you so quickly excuse away such disgusting behavior?
No, you would be tracking him down to give him the beating he deserves.
No one should be spoken to in such a despicable way period. Alcohol is not an excuse.

This thread needs to go away.
That is true (mostly except for beating someone up over words) but I also believe in forgiveness & that's exactly what such an apology should receive. Not an outright straight to trial & believe all women deal.

Grace & mercy go a long way especially when someone can learn from their mistakes. Chastisement & instant "straight to jail with you & throw away the key" type attitude really doesn't help the situation.

WTF is a "liberal witch Hunt"? LOL

This case against Blizzard / Activision is pretty clear. There's a bunch of dirtbag womenizers possibly raped women and extremely bullied them and made the workplace pure hell.

Plus anyone that spoke up to defend the women or help thier co-workers was blocked and almost in trouble for trying to do the right thing.

While all the big wig bosses got away with everything Scott-free, and we're totally safe from any repremanding.

Good on the State of California for looking into this horrific and terrible behavior. Hopefully higher ups that caused a lot of pain are in big time trouble, fired, and even jailed if need be.

Last edited:
Back