Blizzard/Activation being hit by the Perfect Storm. Will they survive?

I have disagreements with Kotick too but don't kid yourself on this one. Plenty of people rolling here predate Kotick's influence by a long time.
Oh I know, the whole company needs to be gutted. I was only saying that whenever there are problems with a company, especially ones of this magnitude, it always starts & ends with the top. Its impossible for him not to have known these types of things were taking place. Probably taking too many laps in his yacht to care...

I have disagreements with Kotick too but don't kid yourself on this one. Plenty of people rolling here predate Kotick's influence by a long time.
Kotick has been the CEO of Activision since 1991. I rather doubt there are that many people that have been around longer than him.

Kotick has been the CEO of Activision since 1991. I rather doubt there are that many people that have been around longer than him.

Activision didn't have significant executive influence at blizzard before 2013.

What I don't understand is why bring one such massive lawsuit. They should just cite them on the most serious things, and pursue the rest as separate cases. I think making it into one giant lawsuit will not just drag out the case for years delaying any compensation of victims, but also makes it less solid and harder to win.

It seems to me that a lot of false allegations are being piggybacked on this case by opportunists that will ultimately hurt the real victims of harassment.

It's one big case because it's showing a pattern of behavior and doing dozens of small cases would be a massive waste of the court's time and the state's resources. You don't bring cases like this for a single infraction, when you're demanding massive change you have to show an on-going pattern and that they're doing more than one thing. A bunch of smaller cases would be a lot easier to dismiss and could also be viewed as harassment. Also, dozens of little cases would take A LOT longer to get through than a single big case. Dozens of different initial filings, different judges, different instances of discovery for every single case, separate trials for everything, etc.

Some of them probably are false or, at least, aren't serious enough to rise to the level being talked about in the case, but it's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Remember, what we're seeing is the initial filing. We're not even at the discovery phase of the case yet. The only thing the state has to go on is statements from the people they've been able to talk to. If this ever gets as far as a trial, there will likely end up being less claims involved but the ones that are there will be a lot stronger.

Imo they're more likely to outsource QA and CS than to worry about unionization.

Rabble-rousers at blizzard were always angsty about Fran Townsend from day one, before she even did anything.

I thought the employees' original asks were reasonable. I think they're making a mistake to turn this into a union play.

I'm all for the game industry unionizing, but I'm not really sure if them being under a union would have really done much or anything to prevent the actions being alleged here.

And now investors are getting in on the lawsuit action: https://www.pcgamer.com/a-class-act...com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

Last edited:
So many twists and turns. The news just gets deeper and deeper for this company lately… each day it seems something new is going on… not good

It is truely amazing how blizzard has imploded in the matter of a couple weeks. Guess the rot spead through the whole trunk, and a rogue wind knocked the whole thing down. Never though blizz would have to pay the piper any time soon, just keep on milking for years..

It is truely amazing how blizzard has imploded in the matter of a couple weeks. Guess the rot spead through the whole trunk, and a rogue wind knocked the whole thing down. Never though blizz would have to pay the piper any time soon, just keep on milking for years..

I mean, the gaming industry is famously abusive to it's workers to start with. Sexual harassment is also a massive problem in many industries. It's the perfect storm of assholes here.

Im starting to see strays hit out from irresponsible sources on stories I know for a fact are false.

Sucks, because it will diminish the importance of true victims.

Im starting to see strays hit out from irresponsible sources on stories I know for a fact are false.

Sucks, because it will diminish the importance of true victims.

I am sure all sorts of untrue stories will be told to get money, you always get some people that will take advantage of situations for a buck. I hope the people that suffered get some justice and the people that lie also get justice.

I hope the people that suffered get some justice and the people that lie also get justice.
Sadly, our justice system has a poor record of convicting people who damage people's lives with their lies. Tawana Brawley, Jussie Smollet, and the Duke LaCrosse case come to mind, and there are many, many, many others.

In a perfect world, when you falsely accuse someone of a crime you should be forced to serve the same amount of time they would have served had they been convicted of the crime they were accused of having committed, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I'm hoping this will finally tank Blizzard, but that's probably wishful thinking.

A company this mediocre shouldn't be allowed to still be so big and powerful, expecially since the only thing that keeps them alive is the memory of their legacy from when they were actually great. The fandom is probably to blame for clinging so hard on the name despite all the evidence Blizzard isn't anywhere near close to being the same company they used to love. I have a feeling Blizzard will only die when they die.

Let's take a moment to remember the days when this company was actually good:

I've been working IT (all ISPs) for over 20 years and astonished at how much sexual harassment happens at gaming companies. That being said I'd be surprised if BLIZZARD as we know it is still around in the next three years. It's being eaten from the inside and out, can't see it surviving this.

My take at this moment: this is just a power shakedown to pave the way for a complete corporate take over.

Nothing of value is being lost as Blizzard has been a shadow of its former glory for years already but i guess some illusion of being an independent company still persisted.

The transformation into a purely soulless corporate entity is now complete. They'll just ramp up the wokeness to 11 to appease the Twitterati who still think this fight is about them and bussiness will go on as usual.

That woman towards the end, crying because people say mean words to her in game.

Maybe allowing women into this hobby was a mistake after all. Imagine her reaction to Barren's chat back in 2004.

Maybe instead of getting your panties in a twist about the "toxic" community, how about, i don't know, just walk away? Close your eyes?

I can understand why Blizzard was banning so many words in chat, trying to "fix" the community (might as well try to herd cats). Apparently, there's some people out there who actually take mean words on the internet personally and literally instead of understanding it's just kids being silly?

That woman towards the end, crying because people say mean words to her in game.

Maybe allowing women into this hobby was a mistake after all. Imagine her reaction to Barren's chat back in 2004.

Maybe instead of getting your panties in a twist about the "toxic" community, how about, i don't know, just walk away? Close your eyes?

I can understand why Blizzard was banning so many words in chat, trying to "fix" the community (might as well try to herd cats). Apparently, there's some people out there who actually take mean words on the internet personally and literally instead of understanding it's just kids being silly?
If Blizzard has rules against harassment, then they should investigate and respond to complaints and punish those players if warranted.

Is the woman who complained about "being called a bitch almost every day by strangers" also a WoW streamer or vlogger? That would explain the frequency of those kinds of messages.

As for "all hell breaking loose" when a M+ doesn't go exactly as planned, I don't know what these people expect when they trust their key to a bunch of randoms instead of doing it with people they know. Good luck getting people who use LFG to take responsibility for that decision, though.

Or join in? Most of what is called "toxicity" is just typical banter between males that goes on in all walks of life, which is alien to most females.

Or join in? Most of what is called "toxicity" is just typical banter between males that goes on in all walks of life, which is alien to most females.

Women usually have more class though. Women are just as dirty as men but they don't do it in front of them. Women talk constantly about how size does matter and pale dicks suck, how balding men are fucking beyond ugly, the smell of men, how men can't clean, men won't grow up, guns and cars as dick replacements. Women talk shit. But they won't do it infront of guys because historically men killed them over it.

When you're at work, the point is to keep it to yourself and out of work. And a shit ton of people can't do that. We're just seeing a world in which they are asking for guys to STFU like they do.

Women usually have more class though. Women are just as dirty as men but they don't do it in front of them. Women talk constantly about how size does matter and pale dicks suck, how balding men are fucking beyond ugly, the smell of men, how men can't clean, men won't grow up, guns and cars as dick replacements. Women talk shit. But they won't do it infront of guys because historically men killed them over it.
You're spending time with the wrong women.

You're spending time with the wrong women.

Hardly.

I spend all my time with them. I make a side business hooking up girls with white conservative husband types with extra guys on the side. You're the ones getting played if you don't realize women are just as horny and crazy as guys. The thing is now they don't have the threat of violence for cheating on shrimp dick white guys, so they do cheat, constantly. They just don't bring it up in public and don't like being harassed. So if you're balding, white, dick under 8 inches, you getting cheated on son!

Hardly.

I spend all my time with them. I make a side business hooking up girls with white conservative husband types with extra guys on the side. You're the ones getting played if you don't realize women are just as horny and crazy as guys. The thing is now they don't have the threat of violence for cheating on shrimp dick white guys, so they do cheat, constantly. They just don't bring it up in public and don't like being harassed. So if you're balding, white, dick under 8 inches, you getting cheated on son!
Your worldview is a bubble limited by your experiences.Your side business ≠ reality.

Hardly.

Nope, definitely sounds like you surround yourself with horrid people.

Hardly.

So your a pimp and your giving advice?

Reactions: Axman
like this
Back