Blizzard/Activation being hit by the Perfect Storm. Will they survive?

They can come forward as much as they want until anything is proven i take it all with a grain of salt.

I mean, can anybody tell me why this is supposed to be bad?

View attachment 379903
View attachment 379904

Here's what i think happened. They hired those women because of politics and not because they were qualified. They felt compelled to reprimend them when they didn't perform, and the women in question took it as a personal attack and created this drama to avenge themselves of having to "suffer" through criticism and reprimands.
Yeah I don't see the issue there.
I don't know that person, but I can say that's a common piece of relevant feedback for many blizzard employees.

It's a place that encourages passionate and artistic expression. That is often at odds with long-term strategic behavior, and considering emotion in decision making.

I've received similar feedback over the years.

The presence of Gloria Allred removes a lot of credibility and i'm too jaded by so many accusations being demonstrated to be false that at this point i don't trust anything unless there's some concrete evidence. Bill Cosby is a free man now precisely because of said lack of evidence.

Modern feminism has done a lot to undermine the credibility of actual victims of harassement by fostering this notion that all men are guilty by default by virtue of being men as well as diluting the definition of harassement to the point of absurdity. Case in point:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ent-19-faces-JAIL-sex-assault-conviction.html
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/touching-teenage-girl-way-home-17061816
Cosby is free because the district attorney of Montgomery County made a deal with Cosby in 2005. He wouldn't prosecute, but Cosby would have to testify in court. Apparently that deal holds through to the most recent procedings. And when that was realized, they released Cosby.

It seems widely agreed that Cosby would have lost then or would still be jailed now, if he had not essentially been given immunity from being charged in this case.

They can come forward as much as they want until anything is proven i take it all with a grain of salt.

View attachment 379903
View attachment 379904

Here's what i think happened. They hired those women because of politics and not because they were qualified. They felt compelled to reprimend them when they didn't perform, and the women in question took it as a personal attack and created this drama to avenge themselves of having to "suffer" through criticism and reprimands.
That person sounds like an overly sensitive, delusional moron. There is literally nothing there. Nothing. Offended by a glowing review. What an idiot.

The presence of Gloria Allred removes a lot of credibility and i'm too jaded by so many accusations being demonstrated to be false that at this point i don't trust anything unless there's some concrete evidence. Bill Cosby is a free man now precisely because of said lack of evidence.

Modern feminism has done a lot to undermine the credibility of actual victims of harassement by fostering this notion that all men are guilty by default by virtue of being men as well as diluting the definition of harassement to the point of absurdity. Case in point:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ent-19-faces-JAIL-sex-assault-conviction.html
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/touching-teenage-girl-way-home-17061816
What a shocker. The "#MeToo" movement has been desperately trying to capture its moment within the video game industry ever since that idiotic thing started, so they are going to try to gaslight and milk this thing for all its worth.

*snip*

Those reports are basically telling her that she are doing a great job but still has areas she needs to improve on. It sounds like Lyndsi is having the same problem that myself, and I would daresay most people in leadership face: that of accepting that one is a leader, and accepting that the responsibility of leadership requires a person to shape one's behavior and attitude when around other employees.

While this is a normal transition that people face, the main issue here is that Lyndsi is having trouble grasping the difference between her personality and her core identity, which is why she is taking it as a personal insult when her behavior at work comes under critique; instead of appreciating the guidance that her supervisor is giving her, she interprets it as a personal insult, which is not how it comes across to me.

Lyndsi is obviously not management material at this point, at least not without some psychological counseling to rule out a borderline personality disorder.

All they are doing is make it worse for women with actual talent. Hell, didn't they ditch the main writer for The Last of Us because she wasn't woke enough according to that lunatic, Neil Druckmann? She was a good writer too, definitely better than him considering the train wreck that was The Last of Us 2.

It's a pure fiction that women were never welcome in gaming. In fact, they were present very early on, to wit, Roberta Williams. One of my favored games of all times, Thief the Dark Project, had a woman as lead designer, and i don't remember anybody making a big deal about it one way or the other (as in, no excessive praise, no attacks or criticism. She just recieved whatever accolade was due to her work, as it should be).

And after all this i have to admit that i have become paranoid. When i noticed that the person who wrote the AI for Cyberpunk 2077 was a woman i instantly begun to wonder if she was a "diversity" hire. Such thoughts wouldn't have occured to me even as little as four years ago, but now they got me wondering. This would definitely be one of the consequences of wanting equity at all costs instead of equality.

I've been playing Blizzard games since Star Craft 1 and Diablo 1 and playing WoW for 17yrs.

I'm done. Can not and will not pay and support this company at this point.

I unsubbed myself and both kids from WoW. Deleted all games on all our PC's.

Only way I come back is if they radically fire top senior managers involved with the sexual harassment. Or sell off WoW to a different gaming company.

As for WoW itself I'd like to see Ion moved elsewhere and a new head in charge of WoW. It's well past time to never have all these "systems" in the game anymore.

Last edited:
All they are doing is make it worse for women with actual talent. Hell, didn't they ditch the main writer for The Last of Us because she wasn't woke enough according to that lunatic, Neil Druckmann? She was a good writer too, definitely better than him considering the train wreck that was The Last of Us 2.

It's a pure fiction that women were never welcome in gaming. In fact, they were present very early on, to wit, Roberta Williams. One of my favored games of all times, Thief the Dark Project, had a woman as lead designer, and i don't remember anybody making a big deal about it one way or the other (as in, no excessive praise, no attacks or criticism. She just recieved whatever accolade was due to her work, as it should be).

And after all this i have to admit that i have become paranoid. When i noticed that the person who wrote the AI for Cyberpunk 2077 was a woman i instantly begun to wonder if she was a "diversity" hire. Such thoughts wouldn't have occured to me even as little as four years ago, but now they got me wondering. This would definitely be one of the consequences of wanting equity at all costs instead of equality.

Druckman was the lead writer for both Last of Us games. Amy Henning is probably who you're thinking of, she left during the development of Uncharted 4. However, any reports of her being "forced out" or whatever were pretty baseless and the person that originally reported on them was basically forced to include the rumors by his managers at IGN. Henning herself has used the "creative differences" line to describe why she left.

Creative differences, as in, she didn't agree with Druckman turning into a deranged freak.

Only way I come back is if they radically fire top senior managers involved with the sexual harassment. Or sell off WoW to a different gaming company.

Nothing has been proven yet. Supposedly, one guy from Activision put a camera in the bathroom, Revenge of the Nerds style. So they have one creep, and lot's of stuff that has yet to be corroborated by anyone.

Nothing has been proven yet. Supposedly, one guy from Activision put a camera in the bathroom, Revenge of the Nerds style. So they have one creep, and lot's of stuff that has yet to be corroborated by anyone.

Yes innocent until proven guilty.

But the State of California wouldn't spend 2 full years investigating a company and bring it to court if there's nothing there.

Plus ex employees coming out saying a ton of sexual harassment and womanizing went on at Blizzard for years and people say top management always skated by with little to no punishment.

So yes let's wait for thier day in court, but it sure sounds like some very shady real stuff will be revealed once this goes public.

But the State of California wouldn't spend 2 full years investigating a company and bring it to court if there's nothing there.

Plus ex employees coming out saying a ton of sexual harassment and womanizing went on at Blizzard for years and people say top management always skated by with little to no punishment.

So yes let's wait for thier day in court, but it sure sounds like some very shady real stuff will be revealed once this goes public.
It's Gloria Alred. She has her cronies in her pocket and lots of money to spread around.

It's Gloria Alred. She has her cronies in her pocket and lots of money to spread around.

I did not know she was involved. Yeah I'm not a fan of hers.

But still let's see what the State has on Blizzard. It does seem like those old guys weren't the nicest gentlemen and with ex employees seemingly confirming these allegations it's seems like something bad is there.

But we'll see.

I don't understand why seemingly so many men have a hard time not being creeps among women.
You don‘t understand because you’re too “woke” to wait for all the evidence to come out before convicting someone.

You’d be a great juror. “guilty your honor, they wouldn’t be here if they weren’t“ bascually you’re saying a hearing is unnecessary.

You’d be a great juror. “guilty your honor, they wouldn’t be here if they weren’t“ bascually you’re saying a hearing is unnecessary.

No way.

But the ex employees and even current ones aren't shocked by this lawsuit, and seem to bdgk it up.

Plus Blizzard themselves aren't actively saying this all false and totally made up. They're not saying that.

When does the court case actually start?

A date hasn't been set yet. If it does come to a trial it will probably be several months away as there is likely to be a pretty long discovery process. Wouldn't be surprised if Acti just settles out of court before that happens, if both parties can come to an agreement.

Since I suit WoW, what's another cool MMO for a casual to play?

I tried FFXIV but was immediately turned off by it. Just felt clonky and strange, not my cup of tea.

But the ex employees and even current ones aren't shocked by this lawsuit

Of course they aren't. All the people working at Blizzard are woke. They are all already programmed to believe that women live in constant fear of harassement and oppresion in the west and will always "believe" women 100%, no matter what, no need for trials or anything like that.

Which is not to say it is beyond the realm of possibilities that a company that employs nerds didn't have to deal with some dodgy behavior but a lot of it probably falls into the definition of awkardness and poor judgement rather than predatory sexual behavior which is what they are allegging happened. The quickness with which people believed in the Cosby "rape" room shows in what way perceptions are colored by modern political biases, biases which are shared fully by the people working at Blizzard themselves. And they are already unpersoning some of the devs, removing any references to their work, before any criminal convinction has actually occurred!

Of course they aren't. All the people working at Blizzard are woke. They are all already programmed to believe that women live in constant fear of harassement and oppresion in the west and will always "believe" women 100%, no matter what, no need for trials or anything like that.

Which is not to say it is beyond the realm of possibilities that a company that employs nerds didn't have to deal with some dodgy behavior but a lot of it probably falls into the definition of awkardness and poor judgement rather than predatory sexual behavior which is what they are allegging happened. The quickness with which people believed in the Cosby "rape" room shows in what way perceptions are colored by modern political biases, biases which are shared fully by the people working at Blizzard themselves. And they are already unpersoning some of the devs, removing any references to their work, before any criminal convinction has actually occurred!

Well don't you come off as a totally sane and well adjusted individual.

Hadn't heard of her before, but based on reactions I looked her up and oooooh boy she seems like a real piece of work. The Atlantic's label of the "ambulance chaser of feminism" seems rather apt. That said, I don't see where she's involved in the case other than her lawfirm making a blog post about the case on her website.

The state withholds evidence on frequent occasion knowing they don’t have a case, but want the win anyways. See the duke lacrosse case, etc. You should not be basing any opinion off the fact that the state is investigating.

Since I suit WoW, what's another cool MMO for a casual to play?

I tried FFXIV but was immediately turned off by it. Just felt clonky and strange, not my cup of tea.

I quite liked Swtor, not the best graphics, but good unique stories per class and gameplay is decent, you can even play a lot of it for free with some caveats.

Hadn't heard of her before, but based on reactions I looked her up and oooooh boy she seems like a real piece of work. The Atlantic's label of the "ambulance chaser of feminism" seems rather apt. That said, I don't see where she's involved in the case other than her lawfirm making a blog post about the case on her website.
Yes, I misread something about it and she is not directly involved in the case.

Yes, I misread something about it and she is not directly involved in the case.

Yeah I was surprised when someone mentioned her name here, as it was news to me she was involved in the case. I didn’t think she was whatsoever? I thought it was the State government handling this?

Last edited:
I don't understand why seemingly so many men have a hard time not being creeps among women.
Are you sure you want to go there? You don't seem to understand what constitutes creepy behavior or you wouldn't have thought about ambushing this girl in the parking lot at night to ask her to come back to your apartment to eat pizza and play video games.

VP of HR at Blizzard also sacked and went dark on social networking. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn deleted.

Back