Blitz Formula in stock at ClubIT.

Good for you. Please let us know if this MB is so good as everyone thinks.

i saw the blitz edition on newegg but it was the ddr 3 board, i didn't even know about the ddr2 version until yesterday when looking at club it. and that is the last part i needed for my new computer. after i saw it i looked at the reviews about it and after reading them i knew i found my new board.All the reviews pretty much say the same thing, that it is the best performing , most well laid out and just awesome board that any of them have ever seen Can't wait
:)

NCIX said Asus discontinued this board to be replaced by the X38 variant (Maximus Formula).

GREAT FIND!!

I've been looking everywhere for this board. Just placed my order!

-V

Got my Blitz formula up and running, but I have a few issues.

1) First issue, something is wonky with vcore monitoring,

With my E6600 and all bios defaults loaded, the bios reports "Warning: Cpu Overvoltage" when booting. Entering the bios shows the defaults setting of "auto" applied to vcore and the vcore reading shows as .049v in the hardware monitoring section. The cpu voltage led shows green. Load line calibration is enabled.

Personaly I think the bios voltage reading is off because cpu temps are normal for an e6600 @ default voltage. I don't believe that it's actualy overvolting, but merely reading the vcore wrong. I have disabled the alarm in the mean time.

2) Second issue, there is a 24 second pause while the board detects drives.

The pause occurrs from the time "IDE DET" displays, and lasts until the led poster displays "Init Rom". When "init rom" displays on the poster the Jmicron post screen simultaneously displays on the monitor. The "Ide Detect Time out" bios setting has no influence on this 24 second delay. I have tried it with no ide drives (i have one ide dvd burner) and with the jmicron controller disabled, it had no effect on the delay.

I could see 10 seconds to spin up drives, I'd prefer 5 or less. 24 seconds is just way too long.

My system,

e6600 - Corsair Nautilus 500
Blitz Forumla SE (bios 1101)
2x2gb G.Skill ddr2 800
Evga 8800 gtx
Xfi- XtremeMusic (pci slot 1)
2 x 150gb 10k Raptors in raid 0
1 120gb Maxtor sata
Nec ND3500-AG ide dvd burner
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (8 pin EATX connecter inserted near cpu socket)

Everything else is working properly except those problems, I haven't tried to overclock yet as I'm trying to work out these bugs first.

I started a thread in the Asus forum, http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...=1&model=Blitz+Formula&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I sure hope you get your issues sorted out. I pre-ordered mine from motherboardpro.com. I talked to them on Fri. and they said it will ship out on Mon. I have high hopes for this board myself.

Ok, so I had time to try and investigate my 24 second boot delay.

Long story short, I have 2 150gb raptors in a raid 0 array, sata ports 1 and 2.

I also have a 120gb Maxtor sata drive that was sitting on port 3. When I disconnect the Maxtor the 24 second delay is reduced to a delay of between 2.8 and 4 seconds.

I tried using the Maxtor on ports 3,4,5, and 6. No matter what port the maxtor causes a 24 second detection pause.

I should also say that I tried 2 different brand new sata cables during this process. It wasn't a bad cable.

So I'll look for a firmware update for the Maxtor, but I plan on replacing it with a 300 gb drive anyway.

The Maxtor is a 6Y120MO Diamond Max Plus 9

That leaves one problem left, the voltage reading. The bios must be reading the wrong register I suspect.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but we all just saw the Maximus Formula review with [H], really nice board, but now this board is nowhere to be found. After reading the review and remembering that this board was able to do Crossfire in 8x/8x, I was wondering if it would be cheaper then the new Maximus Formula. But hey.... it's nowhere to be found. I guess it's true, they discontinued it for the Maximus? Boo Asus.

The blitz was a limited edition board as far as I know.

The Maximus is in stock at ClubIT.

Back