Blender, Facebook State-of-the-Art Human-Like Chatbot, Now Open Source

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
This is actually really cool. I stood up a chat instance myself to play with. Here's some results:

1588559674507.png

"According to Facebook, Blender's edge over Meena can be explained based on Blender's skill blending and generation strategies. Strikingly, human evaluators preferred a conversation with Blender over a conversation with humans 49% of the time, while this figure decreases to 36% when using models unable to blending skills.

Evolution of human-like chatbots does not end with Blender, which still displays a number of shortcomings, like contradicting or repeating itself, or "hallucinate" knowledge, i.e. made-up facts.

We’re currently exploring ways to further improve the conversational quality of our models in longer conversations with new architectures and different loss functions. We’re also focused on building stronger classifiers to filter out harmful language in dialogues. And we’ve seen preliminary success in studies to help mitigate gender bias in chatbots.
Major areas of research for future development are mitigating gender bias, filtering out harmful language, and others. Facebook hopes that Blender can help the AI research community to further advance the state of the art of conversational chatbots."

https://www.infoq.com/news/2020/04/facebook-blender-chatbot/

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
aibot

i have heard of star citizen , but never played it . i ' ll have to check it out .

System
10:35 PM

@abcd joined the team.

aibot

that is good to hear . what else do you do in your free time besides collect video cards ?

M76

[H]F Junkie
What's the point of an AI chatbot? For tech support I assume?
I suspect many companies have been using them for answering emails and tech support request for a while now, without disclosing it to the customer. I mean some of the things I had to deal with through tech support a human can't possibly be that stupid.

MMitch

Gawd
I suspect many companies have been using them for answering emails and tech support request for a while now, without disclosing it to the customer. I mean some of the things I had to deal with through tech support a human can't possibly be that stupid.
Human hired by incompetent management surely can :eek:

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
Man, the 3B Model requires some serious horsepower... 2080 Ti doesn't have enough ram even...

RuntimeError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 26.00 MiB (GPU 0; 11.00 GiB total capacity; 8.74 GiB already allocated; 2.59 MiB free; 8.75 GiB reserved in total by PyTorch)

Red Falcon

[H]F Junkie
Wow, it is a beefy program if it requires more than 12GB VRAM right out of the gate. :eek:

Reactions: erek
like this

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow, it is a beefy program if it requires more than 12GB VRAM right out of the gate. :eek:
I got the smaller 90M model running on my discord right now. Wish I had enough horsepower to run the 2.7Billion model.

https://discord.gg/UE3rEs

1588920770486.png

[ Using CUDA ]
f:\parlai\parlai\utils\fp16.py:144: UserWarning: You set --fp16 true with --fp16-impl apex, but fp16 with apex is unavailable. To use apex fp16, please install APEX from https://github.com/NVIDIA/apex.
'You set --fp16 true with --fp16-impl apex, but fp16 '
Dictionary: loading dictionary from f:\parlai\data\models\blender/blender_90M/model.dict
[ num words = 54944 ]
[TransformerGenerator: full interactive mode on.]
Total parameters: 87,508,992 (87,508,992 trainable)
[ Loading existing model params from f:\parlai\data\models\blender/blender_90M/model ]
[creating task(s): blended_skill_talk]
[ loading personas.. ]

[NOTE: In the BST paper both partners have a persona.
You can choose to ignore yours, the model never sees it.
In the Blender paper, this was not used for humans.
You can also turn personas off with --include-personas False]

We have logged in as GFWAIBot#4291

Last edited:

sharknice

[H]ard|Gawd
What's the point of an AI chatbot? For tech support I assume?
Yep. Most of the websites that use them just feed them the data from their Q&A page then try to match your question to one of the listed questions and feeds you the answer.
More advanced ones will add steps to that. Basically you asked question 1 and had a specific answer, now you're on a different set of Q&As and it chooses from those.
Most company's support people do the exact same thing. They're supposed to just follow a script. So it isn't hard to replace them with a chatbot.

A more advanced form of this is the google assistant AI that is supposed to setup appointments and order food for you.

There is a lot more a more advanced chatbot could do. But most of the chatbots today don't really have a memory and form each response with no external context. They just look at the last message.

SomeoneElse

[H]ard|Gawd
Translation: censorship and discrimination as prescribed by our silicon valley overlords.
Yep, they no longer have to employ people who could eventually wise up and change their mind about what they are censoring. They created this AI bot and let it censor all that they disagree with and they won't have to pay employees to do it.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
AI would not be able to stand up to abstract thinking of the Taco. Mike bought a used

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
Tried out the higher-end 2.7 / "3B" Model...

1588996405356.png

Is there a compiled standalone version I could run on my own discord? I'd love to play with it as an end user but don't really want to go through the hoop jumping of installing Python and the various libraries.

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a compiled standalone version I could run on my own discord? I'd love to play with it as an end user but don't really want to go through the hoop jumping of installing Python and the various libraries.
learned the hard way on Windows at least... go with Anaconda as your Python provider, then it's not bad at all:

Anaconda3-2020.02-Windows-x86_64

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Those bots are nt goid for nothing..
I'm there to get product support, nt have a casual conversation about my favourite hobbies or how my day was.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Either way, taco don't like it.

Apparently Pentagon already been hard at work for a while now. Leak happened 11 months ago according to video posted date. See for yourself if you think conscious AI is a good idea. Dont bother with last part, looks like AI intercepted the footage and modified it to make it look like it's fake.

Sorry AI, cnt fool human into thinking this is all fake news. Substituting green human to make it look staged is not going to be swallowed.
Human intelligence>AI.

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
There's already an open source program named "Blender" I really wish companies would stop using names that are either already in use or are just plain generic as hell. Feels like an attempt to redefine the word for trademark or other bullshit reasons, or just plain ignorance. "Mixer" is another example of this... wtf there are already several daily-use things called Mixer