Bleak Faith: Forsaken – Dark Souls-Like ARPG

jiminator

[H]F Junkie
A two person team, some interesting world concepts. I threw them some bucks. be interesting to see how this turns out

All of those Kickstarter games come out good I wish like Daybreak studio would launch like Everquest 3 or something.

Looks pretty cool, although the lack of a lock-on could make mouse controls very advantageous. I like the look and vibe.

Concept looks neat, but I don't know about giving any money to someone who just graduated college last year. He also has a politically correct agenda, believing games should be used as a platform to educate people instead of just merely being entertainment.

https://courses.digitaldavidson.net/fms321/?p=640

Reading through my classmates’ blog posts and listening to in-class discussions one thing appeared abundantly evident to me. Despite trying to be an understanding person, aware of others’ issues and problems, I remain ignorant of many issues that do not pertain to myself. I had always thought the overly sexualized nature of female characters in most video games mainstream video games today was silly, but I never saw it as such a troublesome issue. Partly because I assumed that most people who play video games simply don’t care. Thinking back, I’m almost ashamed to think that because people don’t care, they didn’t need to be exposed to another perspective. What I’m getting at is that, exactly BECAUSE the video game industry is full of young male customers, the vision and perspective they see needs to be altered not to serve them, but to educate them. The video game industry is actually the perfect platform, because within it exist a vast majority of ignorant males who need exposure to something other than fanservice, who need to start being counter-indoctrinated, and liberated from their simple minds.

Granted, the above could have simply been written to pass this laughable course, as his earlier posts focus primarily on game mechanics and immersion and showing his love for Dark Souls. He does seem to use a lot of buzzwords in this blog post that would probably please his instructor. However, I'd still be wary of such a young person without any project management experience successfully delivering a crowdfunded project, regardless.

looking good...hopefully it launches in Q4 as planned but something tells me it's going to be delayed

looking good...hopefully it launches in Q4 as planned but something tells me it's going to be delayed
Agree and honestly I hope they do wait. They have some really cool and unique additions to the genre like the vertical climbing and swimming. Delaying and getting it right will generate a lot more sales.

Release: Q2 2022

Bleak Faith: Forsaken- Gameplay Updates

We decided to showcase some of the gameplay polish and improvements in an area we've already showed before so as to spare people of any more content spoilers...it's also a good opportunity to go back and compare to how the fight previously looked...we've focused hard on improving responsiveness and general gameplay feel and our testers have echoed that the improvements have greatly improved the enjoyment of a challenging fight...

Bleak Faith: Forsaken - New Teaser

Release Date Announcement coming soon...

Last edited:
Really digging these Souls Clones they keep getting better. Plus they don't charge Full Price. Unless it's Koei Temco.

Seems neat, although the total lack of color saturation feels like a half-hearted way to make things look bleak. Hopefully the final game looks closer to that GameV video.

Finally!...developer Archangel Studios confirmed today that Bleak Faith: Forsaken will release on Steam and GOG on March 10th...I've been looking forward to this for a long time...I hope it delivers an amazing Souls-like experience...

Holy crap, this looks sick! I loved the music in the video and that spider lady creature is terrifying lol. If this is worth a damn I’m in.

Looks good, gameplay looks like it's something I want to play, and available on GoG Day 1, that is almost a guaranteed buy for me.

This game might even top Lies of P looks far more interesting actually Arise of Awakener looks cool too but not sure of the platforms for that game.
The game launches a week after Wo Long.

Some parts of the game look good it look too dark and gloomy even Demon Souls looks more vibrant I mean why create a game with like no Color?

Last edited:
Not that I would, but it's interesting to me this isn't available for pre-order on Steam, why might that be? I really hope this game is an absolute banger, just love how dark and creepy it is.

the level design and overall game world look great but I wish the game had more color...everything looks like I'm playing something in B&W

the level design and overall game world look great but I wish the game had more color...everything looks like I'm playing something in B&W

Yeah color pallet is very limited. Mostly due to being only a 2-3 person dev team. One thing they did say which I really like is that the world is more interconnected like Dark Souls 1 which was phenominal in that aspect.

So is this gonna be good or what?... it's looking somewhat decent. In a better state than the earlier builds for sure anyway. Liking the dreary atmosphere.

The newer footage at least looks a little more to my liking, but it literally feels like they just turned the color saturation down to 30-40% of normal. If it's a decent game, I'll probably use the Nvidia panel to crank it back up.

hopefully the game is a nice length...with all the alternate paths it sounds like it could be a decent runtime

Tonight at midnight?

Edit: eh nevermind, says unlocks 14 hours from now.

I wouldn't doubt if the devs didn't send out any review copies for reviews just to play it safe. The delayed comat looks great instead of having super fast hurl stuff going on.

Last edited:
I guess the game is 29.99 and 10 percent discount so they know the cheaper it is the more they will sell. Sometimes price themselves out of way like Forsaken was one of first to do.

Still listed as TBA on GoG. I hope they release it at the same time. I don't want any of these X number or days/months till it shows up on GoG like several titles have done in the past.

I didn't pick it up because there seems to be an issue with Controllers I guess Keyboard and Mouse actually works better.
Someone said the character moves around really floaty you have to disable something in Steam to make a controller work but you can remap the buttons.
Someone said Wo Long is better not looking good.

Someone said Wo Long is better? Well I guess that settles it then.

Back