Bleak Faith: Forsaken – Dark Souls-Like ARPG

yo polo, have you tried this yet? Curious to see what Fromsofts self proclaimed biggest fan (been reading the Elden Ring thread :) ) thinks about it. Good, bad, not even comparable?

yo polo, have you tried this yet? Curious to see what Fromsofts self proclaimed biggest fan (been reading the Elden Ring thread :) ) thinks about it. Good, bad, not even comparable?

not yet...I want to pick this up eventually as it sounds like one of the better Souls-copycats...the upcoming Lords of the Fallen reboot and maybe Lies of P also look like they may take the crown as best Souls-clone...but right now I'm re-playing Jedi: Fallen Order and will be playing Jedi: Survivor at launch on April 28th

Last edited:
It's on sale right now 26.99 on Steam might try it today downloading now if it's real bad you know what I'll refund haven't done that all month =)
The thing is it has better review than Wo Long still so it can't be that bad.

Last edited:
20230426074543_1.jpg
This game is way too hard for me not in a good way the hit detection is bad I mean I think I'm close enough to the enemy and I miss. Died like 4-5 times on the first duo NPCs i encountered.
The games atmosphere is just like Hellpoint you walk around in a carbon fiber environment. You character moves around really floaty so when you jump it's a Bleak Faith alright your going to miss the jump 3-4 times before you make it.
I refunded already Thymesia and even Steel Rising are miles better than this game.

I hope you know what you are doing because I sure didn't =) Character moves around like Snuggle Fabric Softener.
I only played a few minutes, but yeah the character is floaty. Like it's weightless. I thought Steelrising was a bit off also but that feels better than this game so far. But it's too early to say anything really, I only fought one thing, and tried one jump that I missed but I landed on some platform with no way back so I had to suicide to get back. I stopped there. The theme definitely reminds me of Hellpoint, I didn't particularly like the theme that much, more of a D&D setting type person but playing BG3 the past few days, I welcomed a break from turn based games. ;)

I too actually played a few hours of this a couple months back. Played just past the first boss a bit, and that was enough for me. Yeah, it's not good (at all) imo, and I don't think anything is gonna change with it that will make it feel any different. Feels very primitive.

The game has some issues but I kinda like it. It's like a Souls lite game, but the balance is a bit off. The first boss hits real hard and it's a 2 hit and your done. There is a mid boss kind of thing in the second area with a giant axe, and that was harder than the first boss, it does a 1 hit kill on me. The game is kind of not balanced. If you play with a sword and shield, it's not that bad if you just take your time, but man two handed weapons hit for more damage, but if you don't block at just the right moment these two will destroy you. The first boss was hard because I didn't get my shield till the next level after it. So I used a rusty 2handed claymore to beat it and it took a while to get it right. I didn't try to do any kind of caster build, but I'd guess if the range is good with that you can do pretty well if you can keep distance. Same with an archer like build but I don't see how you could be an archer main because it looks like I max out at 5 arrows per type IIRC.

The missing i-frames is actually not a bad choice IMHO. You either learn to avoid it completely or you get hit. I kind of like it, but yeah that drove me nuts for a while because I am so use to souls games with i-frames. I also like that when you die you don't lose anything. Never liked that feature of the souls games. Dropping souls then going back to pick it up or lose it at the next death, I always felt was a waste of time. It's also the reason I call this game souls-lite. Without the drop and potential loss of souls needed to level up, this game is much less stressful for me. I really love the self made spawn points. Sure helped a lot with that mid boss like 1 hit kill section. It's also not overpowered, if you dismiss the spawn point you have to go back to your original spawn point to recharge it. The no leveling up is interesting as it puts an emphasis on the weapons and armor upgrades, but they kind of miss the ball without a customizable presets for loadouts so you can switch your builds quick and easy, instead of having to mess around with the inventory. Without a system like that switching weapons is only good for that particular armor set you are wearing. You can't really be a fighter with armor of a caster. The gear of one will hinder the other by a significant amount. You can't take a lot of hits with caster's armor while you fight as a warrior at the same time you do less damage with spells if you fight in warrior armor.

That said it's in need of a lot of polishing, the floaty movements, some path bugs, and probably some areas (at least one I know if by an elevator) that you can get stuck. They are a small team so I do give them a lot of credit for making this game even as it is. I am so far enjoying it.

Back