Blaster AGAIN!!!!

spugnor

[H]F Junkie
Hi guys. Quick question and/or link requested. Does anybody know where/how i can get the microsoft SP's and associated fixes as a complete download?

I'm trying to get a new 2K install up and running, and i know if i connect to a network at this point, i'll probably get infected in short order. I'd like to install the necessary fixes BEFORE i connect the machine to the net, but i lack the necessary files.

I think MS also released a complete fix, that you could download, but i cannot find it. Can anybody help this poor lost soul? :p

Thanks in advance. :)

Originally posted by Nightfall
Here is the microsoft download center:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Problem with that, is that i cannot download the entire install, burn to disk, then install on an isolated machine. I perhaps wasn't clear on that. I want to do all of my updating on the new machine BEFORE connecting to a network. Sneakernet, if you will. Plus, i want to have these files on CDROM so that i don't have to DL them every time i need them.

Ummm.... maybe I AM misunderstanding, but that is where I got updates to save to a second hard drive the last time I did a fresh install so that I didn't have to hook up to the internet and do the 'windows update' thing (well not the major stuff anyway)

Like if I look at my current updates in my "add/remove programs" i can see what windows update has installed....

Like it says I have "windows xp hotfix KB824141" installed, I can go to the download site and search for "824141" and download that file to run after I do the fresh install b4 I hook up to the internet. (burn it to cd or whatever)

Also on the update site there is an installation history to find out all that stuff that has been installed on your computer too.

<edit>
Oh..... duh! I see now.... You have already done the install and want to get the updates without the internet... In which case this msg here is pretty useless.... (I'll leave it anyway tho...)
</edit>

I have both the 2K and XP self fix. The 2K is only about 900K. If you want I can email it to you. I'm too lazy at the moment to post it on my website

Aight, well, I'm getting ready to go to bed. I went ahead and uploaded the files to my server for you. You can find them here:
http://www.wired-pc.com/blaster/

stinger.exe is a virus scan utility from mcaffee. It scans for over 30 viruses (trojans, including blaster, nachi, etc) and removes them from your computer. The other two files (patches) are pretty self explanatory. Even if you dont need the xp one right now, itd prob be a good idea to download it for future reference.

Run the patch first, then run the stinger program just to make sure you are not infected.

Yes... there is much love for me :cool:

well if you have another pc, take the HD you just instaled on, put it in another pc, DL what you need, move the hd back, and then run the files from where ever on that hd you saved it a bit of a pain in the ass, but you dont have to worry about infection (b4 you move the drive, do a virus scan so your doubly sure everything is clean.

good luck

Back