Blackstone Withdraws $25B Takeover Bid for Dell

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
And then there were two. Michael Dell is a step closer to his vision of taking his namesake company private again with the sudden withdrawal of a $25 Billion bid for Dell by the Blackstone Group. The remaining two parties, Dell backed Silver Lake and investor Carl Icahn have very different ideas of direction for Dell with the decision ultimately up to the stockholders.

The Blackstone proposal would have kept Dell public, meaning the company's stock would continue to trade on the Nasdaq stock exchange.

Thank God, Carl Icahn can go stuff himself now.

I believe in the market today, for Dell to survive they will need to go private to become more flexible and try more risky ideas. When you have idiot shareholders that only care about money and not innovation, that is when a company dies.

I believe in the market today, for Dell to survive they will need to go private to become more flexible and try more risky ideas. When you have idiot shareholders that only care about money and not innovation, that is when a company dies.

I don't much about business, but all I hear about is how companies become shitty shadows of their former selves when they go public. They might make more money, but they lose their souls.

I don't know about about Dell, but damn I hope they go private.

After all, the only example I can think about is that of Valve (private) and EA (public).

I came here to say this.

Dell needs its soul back.

Back