Blackberry Bold 2 (9700)

I am thinking about swapping my current bold for this version if its a little more responsive and no trackball

I've beeen searching ebay for iPhone 3GSs for the last week trying to gauge what I can get for mine... the new Bold really has me tempted.

Yea I cant wait to get one!!

I called my ATT Business rep and they dont have a release date yet.
Someone on blackberry forums said that it could be as early as this week but I highly doubt it.

I plan to. Both BBforums and Crackberry seem pretty sure the release date is Nov. 16th for AT&T.

I am way more excited about this 9700 Bold than the Moto Droid. I currently have the 8900 Curve and for pure phone use, and texting + e-mails it can't be beat. Sure browsing the internet sucks balls on this Curve, but that's what my Eyefinity setup is for :cool:

I've been considering one. The T-Mobile version has both 3G and UMA - a first. I just don't know if I want to hold out for an android phone that does UMA.

I am way more excited about this 9700 Bold than the Moto Droid. I currently have the 8900 Curve and for pure phone use, and texting + e-mails it can't be beat. Sure browsing the internet sucks balls on this Curve, but that's what my Eyefinity setup is for :cool:

Love my 8900!, now if I could just get 2 more 24" ultrasharps I would be on your level!

:envy:

I've been considering one. The T-Mobile version has both 3G and UMA - a first. I just don't know if I want to hold out for an android phone that does UMA.

I had the T-Mobile Android MyTouch, thankfully my daughter dropped a heavy can of soup on it, and had this old 8900 Curve laying around from last year. I am so happy to be back on the Blackberry compared to that Android. I think Android will be cool, just still not quite ready yet, at least mine with 1.6 update. I think I will buy Android again once the 3.0 update comes out sometime in 2010, then there will be faster hardware to run it on, and the OS will be full fleshed out and kick butt by then.

Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered one of these. 3G+UMA = win in my book, and I found a deal I just couldn't pass up on. If anyone else is interested, if you order before the 20th, wal-mart is offering a $100 gift card as a rebate for a purchase with a new contract or 2 year extension with T-Mobile.

My only qualm is that I'll be paying like $90/month for 1000 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data... it seems like a lot to me, especially coming from the myFaves 300 + unlimited text plan... but I guess that kind of price is to be expected with any data plan.

Link to deal: http://www1-walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=35982

It's on backorder, and I'm not even sure if I qualify for a contract extension (I'm pretty sure my contract is about up though) so I'll post a little review if/when I get it. Kinda excited :)

Been using it for a while.... VERY nice device. I'm kinda torn between this and another "new" bb device coming out in a few months. Lot's of goodies coming around.

Almost everyone and their mother had Bold 2 last week in San Francisco :eek:

Played with it for a few hours today, not really impressed. Not much different than Bold other than size. But as we all know . . . Size matters!

Anybody using this phone yet?

I have not used one per say but I have played with one that was not activated and it was relly nice. I didn't have a lot of test time so I can't mention anything specific besides the track pad is awesome.

I have had mine for a couple of weeks. It feels much more solid than my 8310. I enjoy having 3G and WiFi capability. Visual voicemail (voicemail is downloaded to the phone and saved like an email with the callers time and info displayed; nice feature when you are traveling on the highway) is a nice addition. All in all, I'm glad I upgraded.

Issues so far: The browser had issues loading webpages and required a battery pull. I haven't figured out how to set up the icons for my own purposes. The current OS uses folders for programs (downloads, apps, etc). It's very easy to move the icons within the folder or to a folder just not straightforward (haven't figured out how to do it yet) how you move an icon out of folder to the main menu. I'm sure I'll figure it out once I research a little just not as simple as it could be. The last issue that bothers me is the way some apps work. I have found that several apps (pandora, iheartmusic, etc) don't play nice with my home wifi and require a 3G connection to run.

I have had mine for a couple of weeks. It feels much more solid than my 8310. I enjoy having 3G and WiFi capability. Visual voicemail (voicemail is downloaded to the phone and saved like an email with the callers time and info displayed; nice feature when you are traveling on the highway) is a nice addition. All in all, I'm glad I upgraded.

If T-Mobile gave it visual voicemail I will buy it for that reason alone :cool: For business and being on the road in Construction sales like I am, that is a must have feature, as opposed to dialing in to voicemail to check them is so 1990's :rolleyes:

I have been using my Blackberry 8900 Curve again after I let my daughter play with my new Android phone last month ans she broke it, not her fault though. And I like the BB again, but wish it had the features of the 9700Bold. Looks like time for an upgrade to me :D

Back