Black Widow Ultimate Sale on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWid...9&sr=8-1-spell

List Price: $129.99
Price: $103.24 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
You Save: $26.75 (21%)

Great price. I paid the full 129.99 and don't regret it one bit.

That thing looks pretty nice... might pick this up next week for a friends new build, I'll show him today, thanks.

By the way, it has some free crap included now too... "Free Razer L33T Swag Pack with Purchase"

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That thing looks pretty nice... might pick this up next week for a friends new build, I'll show him today, thanks.

By the way, it has some free crap included now too... "Free Razer L33T Swag Pack with Purchase"

Through February 12, 2011, get the Razer L33T swag pack free with purchase of TWO or more qualifying Razer gaming products.

You should get it free if you have two or more razer products registered on the razer website imo! I'd love a Razer lanyard to replace my xbox360 one.

Just grabbed one. Filco tenkeyless is great, but really want to try something else.

how loud is this keyboard? I'd like the high responsiveness and stuff that goes with a mechanical keyboard but I really don't think i'd enjoy the noise. is this one super loud like all the other mechanical keyboards?

how loud is this keyboard? I'd like the high responsiveness and stuff that goes with a mechanical keyboard but I really don't think i'd enjoy the noise. is this one super loud like all the other mechanical keyboards?

It does have some noise, but frankly typing on it is absolutely great. I don't type a ton, but absolutely love this. You have to realize, the only two things you intearact directly with are your keyboard and mouse. It sucks using a $2000 system with a $40 keyboard. I have tried out all of the Logitech keyboards, even the high end $120 version, and the feel of this puts them to shame.

Honestly one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Damn I wish I had the money for this, but I just bought a TV yesterday :p

I came from a Logitech G15v1 and I have to say, it's bomb. It does take getting used to the feel and sound of it, and my hands had a funky time at first getting used to the layout, kept misplacing my hands for whatever dumb reason but after a week with it, I love it. Too bad I can't use a mechanical at work else I'd buy another one and keep it at work.

it might be bomb compared to the garbage most people use like Gseries from logitech but I was very disappointed with it. Key spacing was bad for both FPS (narrow WASD) and RTS (annoying ctrl button).

Keys feel very shaky/loose to the touch.

The 1000hz polling and the fact that its mechanical so the keys register faster are its high points. Braided cord is also cool.

I'd say its good for normal typing though.

If you do use this for gaming make sure you do your FPS keys the traditional way (pinky on left shift area, ring finger on a) otherwise I KNOW you won't like it.

Last edited:
=

If you do use this for gaming make sure you do your FPS keys the traditional way (pinky on left shift area, ring finger on a) otherwise I KNOW you won't like it.

:confused: Other than the F keys the blackwidow felt like a standard layout to me.

I wasn't too fond of the "tactile" keys. That bump on the cherry blues is too much imo. I just don't see anything that this keyboard does better than my unicomp spacesaver.

If you happen to find one used in the classifieds section here it may be a cheaper option to see if you like the cherry blues. :D

I have a regular Black Widow and the keyboard is a little loud...mainly when the keys bottom out though. The actual swtiches don't seem too loud to me, but it could be that my hearing is going bad too :D

I honestly think that the keys are louder because once the switch is triggered there's no longer any resistance to stop the keys from bottoming out. The switches is activated after 2mm of travel, but the keys travel 4mm. I've only had the thing for a week though, so maybe I'll get more used to it over time.

I came from a Logitech G15v1 and I have to say, it's bomb. It does take getting used to the feel and sound of it, and my hands had a funky time at first getting used to the layout, kept misplacing my hands for whatever dumb reason but after a week with it, I love it. Too bad I can't use a mechanical at work else I'd buy another one and keep it at work.

I'm having the same problem. In my case, I think it's just because I'm not used to having the extra keys on the left side of the keyboard. There are quiet mechanical kb's out there. Look for ones with the Cherry Brown or Clear switches. There's quite a few forums here about them. I really want to get my work to let me install one on my system there now.

anyone have any problems with nkro i've been reading about?

If I press Z X and C all at the same time, nothing registers. Any other key combination that I've tried works. I don't think I've ever encountered a situation where I've had to press all three of those keys at once though so it doesn't worry me one bit.

Nice. Ya, I've never had to use those keys like that either. the only thing I might not like is that it is glossy? Other than that looks great

The finish around the keyboard is glossy, so it picks up some fingerprints, mostly along the bottom of the keyboard. The keys themselves are nicely textured though, and I really don't notice as many fingerprints as I originally feared.

A couple of other things...the thing must weigh 4 or 5 lbs, so once it's on your desk, it doesn't slide around much. It just feels really solid too. You can definitely use this kb to defend yourself during the zombie apocalypse and then go right back to posting about it on Facebook.

Another thing I didn't like is that it is elevated yet it has no place to set your wrist down. Also it is impossible to get it to lay flat - it has quite a noticeable slope on even the lowest setting.

Another thing I didn't like is that it is elevated yet it has no place to set your wrist down. Also it is impossible to get it to lay flat - it has quite a noticeable slope on even the lowest setting.

The biggest joke about this is the lack of wrist rest, which I think is inexcusable for the price. However, most "hardcare" folks don't seem to like the wrist rest. There is definately a noticable tilt, but I like that, can't stand flat keyboards.

I currently use this on my gaming pc:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/192

I like how it performs. However if this Black Widow is all the rage I'm willing to try. I hate that I'd have to use wires though.

Totally different feel, but the action on the keys is not something I would ever give up now. I am certainly no mechanical key fan boy either, this is my first one and it arrived last week. Can't say I have ever been this excited about a keyboard ever though.

I've never owned a keyboard with a wrist rest, so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. :D

I also really like the tilt and the action of the keys...and yeah, it definitely is weird to actually be excited about using a keyboard.

I got this keyboard last month and truely love it. It's my first mechanical keyboard and I was using the G15. It's amazing how much better the keys feel, and I really like the look and build quality.

If your on the fence about getting this, you won't regret it.

Those of you that really care about a wrist rest, get a quality one and don't use the crappy bundled ones. They usually suck balls.

Those of you that really care about a wrist rest, get a quality one and don't use the crappy bundled ones. They usually suck balls.

Recommendations? I just like having a wrist rest (like the one on the MS X6) so I don't get a slather of nasty dried up sweat crap on the desk.

Well I caved in and ordered one off of Amazon for $103. We'll see if I can deal with the wires...

Recommendations? I just like having a wrist rest (like the one on the MS X6) so I don't get a slather of nasty dried up sweat crap on the desk.

Depends what you're looking for TBH. I prefer the gel type wrist rests myself though I've been told that using them can actually be bad in the long run for you.

I just got one today. It's significantly quieter than the mechanical ABS M1 that I had before and the keys feel much better as well. However, I don't like the macros thing. I'm never gonna use them and they end up messing up my alignment which I typically do without looking by aligning my left pinky over the left control key and then positioning the rest of my hand over WASD. It's a little thing, but it bugs the shit out of me. On top of that, it has a rather large "lip" on the bottom where the wrist rest would be. I hate wrist rests as well, and this lip is kind of annoying in the same vein.

Well I went ahead and purchased this keyboard it will be my first mechanical keyboard and looking forward to it so I' am very excited :)

I currently use this on my gaming pc:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/192

I like how it performs. However if this Black Widow is all the rage I'm willing to try. I hate that I'd have to use wires though.
That Logitech diNovo Edge is at the polar opposite of the spectrum when compared to the Black Widow.

The Black Widow is a.. Gamer Keyboard, Back Lit, Not Quiet, Non Feminine, Wired, etc.

BTW why would being wired be a deal breaker?

Not sure how one would progress from that Logitech keyboard to the Widow. There are in different worlds. If confused, your best bet would be to go to the store and try as many keyboard out as possible. Take a couple home and return them just to get a better feel.

Now I don't know whether to get this or the naga mmo epic. :(

Look at the G700 first. The Naga is a joke, unless it's big in the MMO world. Possibly try getting something like the n52te or other board with macro abilities.

This is heads and tails above my logitech g110! Man I cant believe I wasted 80 bones on that thing. Well worth it, and Ill never buy a non-mechanical keyboard again.

Naga is no joke, i love that mouse. I would definitely prefer to have an MX510 with a bunch of buttons on the side though, still my favorite grip or form factor or whatever you want to call it on a mouse.

Also i just got the razer blackwidow a week or so ago, not ultimate version but i think they are the same besides the backlight and I love it. Definitely a fan of mechanical keyboards now.

Just got mine. Unboxed it. It's pretty. The switches are a new feel for me. I'll try it out tonight.

got one a during the Amazon deal but it's going back. I absolutely hate the font used on the keys and prefer the blacks in my Filco tenkeyless as opposed to blues used in the Black Widow. the glossy finish didn't help either, after about an 1.5 hr gaming session it looked horrid

Back