Black Screen/Sound Loop when trying to play any games.

Hurley_2002

Limp Gawd
Just recently I have been having this issue where anytime I try and play a game on the computer my screen will go black as if I were to unplug it and the sound will loop after a minute or so the only way to fix this as is to do a complete restart of the PC. All the fans are working and I check the temps in HW Monitor and everything looks fine. I don't where else to look I can't seem to find any sort of overheating issue if there is one. Only thing I found is that my cpu fan kind of makes a weird noise sometimes like it wants to spin faster but for the most part it runs normal when I look at it. Any help would be great! My current computer specs are in my signature.

Can you recover from it by doing a CTRL+ALT+DEL, or is it the whole machine pretty much locked up?

If you have any sort of overclock on it, I would back that off.

When you say your temps are fine, what are they and how do you know you're getting valid temps after the lockup?

You could rule out some easy, obvious stuff first, but you might be on to something when you say your CPU fan doesn't seem to be spinning like it should. Run through memtest, update your video drivers and then consider trying to replace the fan on your CPU if you still think it might be bad.

Really sounds like too much of an overclock though. I'm sure the ambient temp in your room is higher than it was last month or so, and maybe that is the breaking point for your overclock...

Everything is on stock settings but last night I took the computer to a buddys house and we put my video card in his computer and his video card in mine to see if that was an issue. I played black ops 2 and war z for around 2 hours with no issues. I checked his computer and with my video card he was playing WoW with no problems. He thinks it is a voltage issue on my 750W PSU. Not that I don't disagree with that but why now? I built this computer with all new parts in March of this year and now the PSU is bad? I am stumped.

Have you tried putting it back into your computer? Maybe it was seated badly.

Also try his video card in yours, and see if it works fine or not.

His is in mine at the moment. One thing we did find out is my card runs really hot while gaming. You can hear the fan from the living room haha. Though he can play games with it in his machine fine were wondering if it is a bad card or just built to run like that. Right now I can play just fine with his card in my computer. As far as reseating it I have took the card out to clean it twice and still have the black screen/sound loop.

Have you tried any different drivers?
About a year ago I was having an issue like that and it ended up being a corevoltage a driver issue on my video card.

Back