Black screen in M-Flash on my MSI X570 Unfity

Link

Gawd
I'm trying to flash the latest bios onto my X570 Unify, but my screen is black upon rebooting to M-Flash.
It seems like no video signal issue when in M-flash mode. Already tried both HDMI and DP. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm trying to flash the latest bios onto my X570 Unify, but my screen is black upon rebooting to M-Flash.
It seems like no video signal issue when in M-flash mode. Already tried both HDMI and DP. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
what do you have it connected to, tv or monitor? tv might have standard/enhanced mode that you might need to flip. monitor, res might be out of the supported range, try another.

I have some earlier generation X470 MSI boards that did this.

It's generally one of two issues

A.) Going into m-flash forces the motherboard to run everything with default settings, and there can be RAM related issues where the RAM doesn't like to run at the stock voltages. I had some shit Corsair RAM that did this, and had to swap to some different RAM. The only way I could get the corsair RAM to run was by pulling a stick, forcing higher voltage, and putting the rest of the sticks in after. The problem is m-flash mode runs everything at default, period, and there is no RAM fail-over detection where it steps through profiles to at least get it working like in normal bootup.

B.) Just wait longer. For whatever strange reason, i've seen it take up to a minute to get into the mflash screen. The system just sits there acting like it's shit the bed, and suddenly works. This has been more prevalent with later BIOS releases. No clue why.

Generally, I always get good results by hitting the clear CMOS button if this happens, and trying again.

Last edited:
I have some earlier generation X470 MSI boards that did this.

It's generally one of two issues

A.) Going into m-flash forces the motherboard to run everything with default settings, and there can be RAM related issues where the RAM doesn't like to run at the stock voltages. I had some shit Corsair RAM that did this, and had to swap to some different RAM. The only way I could get the corsair RAM to run was by pulling a stick, forcing higher voltage, and putting the rest of the sticks in after. The problem is m-flash mode runs everything at default, period, and there is no RAM fail-over detection where it steps through profiles to at least get it working like in normal bootup.

B.) Just wait longer. For whatever strange reason, i've seen it take up to a minute to get into the mflash screen. The system just sits there acting like it's shit the bed, and suddenly works. This has been more prevalent with later BIOS releases. No clue why.

Generally, I always get good results by hitting the clear CMOS button if this happens, and trying again.
I guess I should give it a few minutes.

Well, I've tried all the suggestions. Nothing worked. it seems when I flashed the previous bios something related to the bios flashing got bonked. Even the flashback is not working. The button flashes 3 times then nothing happens.

Well, I've tried all the suggestions. Nothing worked. it seems when I flashed the previous bios something related to the bios flashing got bonked. Even the flashback is not working. The button flashes 3 times then nothing happens.
Is the USB formatted in MBR, in FAT32 and has the BIOS named properly?

I recently recovered from a bad flash on my ASUS X570 E. The crash free BIOS would NOT reload the proper firmware with the GUI. The flashback feature however brought the board back to life.

Back