Black Rhino on a Rampage! Blackrino9 will be running you over soooon!!! watch out!

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
stats link

Wow. Anyone else notice the Blackrino9 as he ran over them?

Blackrino9 is putting out a ton of points.

I think that maybe he got some nice holiday presents... his points per month jumped 200,000 from November to December.

Plus... a big jump from December to January. So far in January, as of today, 1-18-08, he has produced 347,000 points this month.

This Black Rhino is about to run over me in four days. Nothing I can do about it! He is producing about 20,000 points per day. He is ranked #4 on our team in points per day!!!

Wow!

Nice job dude! { I mean Rhino } :D

Wave as you pass me by! :p

Looks like he got more than just presents....looks like he might have setup an entire [H]orde on his own :D

Rhino's are to slow to catch a Tiger ........... :p

Luck ............. :D

He popped in my thread list at occasion and I'm impressed by this feat. He still have over 10 years to catch me :p

Congratulations for such a nice PPD output :cool:

Ouch!

Not even a wave!

I got gored yesterday!

Blackrino9 has me in his sights (do rinos have sights?) and is scheduled to overtake me in 6.7 months. Wow. :eek:

I need to get one of those new quads, and use the Tigerbiten magic.

Fold on, [H]orde!

I hadn't noticed, but his production fell off the table.
Come on back, BlackRhino. The [H]orde needs you.

Man, I never even knew this thread was here.

I remember what it was though that contributed so many points in a short period of time. I worked in a data center at the time and had to evaluate several new pieces of hardware. While I was running my other tests, I figured it would be a good idea to let them fold for the [H]ord. This is what a dozen or so enterprise class servers look like when you run 1 client per core on 8 core systems.

o_O holy thread necro Batman.......nice to see another old timer back here

I left my previous job at the end of December and work for a very large consulting agency as a datacenter/virtualization/cloud computing consultant. It's a pretty sweet gig with one of the largest firms on the planet.

He is producing about 20,000 points per day. He is ranked #4 on our team in points per day!!!

Wow!

Ha!

For you young whipper snappers... get a load of this! :p

20k PPD was ranked #4 on the team!

Yha, that would have been a few, well a bunch, of c2ds, cause there was no nvidia gpu yet, that was latter in the year. Was smp out in Jan '08?

I am quite proud to be scrapping it out with the Rhino right now

We actually have a nice little cluster near the bottom of page 4 at the moment, the OCed nehalems getting slowly overcome by the ivys

You should start up a battle thread.

Just like in folding days of yore.

Ha!

For you young whipper snappers... get a load of this! :p

20k PPD was ranked #4 on the team!

And I dipped #1 of team and 65th worldwide with my 20k ppd from a farm of 20 C2D computers in the old times.

Glad to see ya around here again, from your fellow oldtimer.

Funny how I'm able to generate 25k points a day on my rig now and that out-performs the entire cluster I had folding for me back in the day.

I remember working hard to amass 5k ppd back in 2008...
The fall of Uni and the rise of SMP/gpu ....

Maybe I was doing something wrong but I had to disable the GPU component of the new folding app. When it was enabled, I could only generate 5-10k a day. As soon as I turned it off, I jumped to 25-30k a day.

Maybe I was doing something wrong but I had to disable the GPU component of the new folding app. When it was enabled, I could only generate 5-10k a day. As soon as I turned it off, I jumped to 25-30k a day.

red cards?

AMD Radeon = "Red Cards"

Nvidia = "Green Cards"

Intel is blue, and again AMD is red. So my rigs are blue/green..... It can all be very confusing

no AMD cards for me, I crammed a GTX 680 into this build.

The newest public core (v2.22) doesn't work with the GTX 680. This causes FahCore_15.exe to consume the resources of an entire CPU core, killing SMP productivity.

The newest public core (v2.22) doesn't work with the GTX 680. This causes FahCore_15.exe to consume the resources of an entire CPU core, killing SMP productivity.

Ahhh, I did not know that, GPU folding on AMD hardware has been an SMP killer for some time.

makes sense although not really, you would think that CUDA compliant code would be able to run on any NVIDIA GPU.

Back