Black Refurbished iPod 30GB Video, $199+tx shipped

Back in stock! Black Apple 30GB Video. Just ordered my 2nd Ipod in 3 years and the old unit is still running strong and it was an refurb. Only buying to upgrade. Same warranty as a new unit so this is a safe buy, better hurry!

Thanks and ripped from Spoofee

linkage

if they are refurbished through apple you won't be able to even tell they are refurbed.

This is a smokin hot deal! Too bad I already have an iPod video :(

My previous refurb was prist, you wouldnt have known it was a refurb. like I said before it carries the same warranty as a new unit. How can you go wrong with that? Snooze and lose folks.

Its what 80 dollar discount? Not bad, i just have a feeling that ipod is going to release something before x-mas and with my luck the videos wil then drop substantially in price.

P.S. Your title says $19.99 + tx - don't they only charge you tax if you are in the same state as the ipod is shipping from?

They also have to charge tax in any state they have a retail store. So if you are a state that has a retail store, you will also have to pay tax.

Yes Taxes in states that have retail stores to which they have one or two in Florida :mad: other than that its $199 shipped

annaconda said:
Umm you can buy a new one for $50 more.

Sure, but there's not really a difference between a new one and a refurb.

That said, IMO, DAPs are worth getting extended warranties on if they're replacement warranties...especially if you can get them for 3 years. The warranties generally cover batteries and Lion batteries start to lose significant storage capacity between 2 and 3 years. So it basically means a free upgrade 3 years later.

2 may also be enough, given that my Cell Phone's lion battery has far less capacity than it did 20 months ago (maybe 60%).

But if you're not getting a replacement warranty, then refurb makes sense....just make sure you rock box it. Apples lack of gapless support makes the default firmware unacceptable for me. By the time my Karma dies, Apple may have finally added support. a parametric EQ and On the Fly playlist creation is nice too (the former > than the latter)

Apple replaces the casing on all refurbs, just the guts (circuit board, etc) are 'used'. Even some of those are replaced if needed, such as the hard drive. Its the same way with cellphones, most companies will replace the clamshell so that there are no scratches.

BBowermaster said:
Apple replaces the casing on all refurbs, just the guts (circuit board, etc) are 'used'. Even some of those are replaced if needed, such as the hard drive. Its the same way with cellphones, most companies will replace the clamshell so that there are no scratches.

i didn't know that, thats great if they replace the outside and stuff i wouldn't wanted a banged up ipod

ugh the apple store is ridiculous, i called up my local one and they tol dme they had a 30gb black one for sale, $249+tax Unless the one on the link you provided is in real crap condition then it really is a good deal.

Read the thread man! Apple does a super duper job on thier refurbs, what company do you know that gives the exact same warranty on a refurb that they do on a new unit. Read the previous comments mate. This will be my 2nd refrub and the first one after 3 years works just fine. I have had no issues.

i'm just wondering if i should jump on this now or wait til x-mas and hope the prices of ipods go down

Nothing wrong with Apple refurbs as far as cosmetics are concern. You get a new case, all the accessories and full warranty. The only thing you don't get is the nice packaging.

synergyo1 said:
Nothing wrong with Apple refurbs as far as cosmetics are concern. You get a new case, all the accessories and full warranty. The only thing you don't get is the nice packaging.

What!?? NO nice packaging!? FORGET IT !!

synergyo1 said:

The other consideration is how old is the battery. Lithium Ion batteries lose capacity as they age (and when exposed to heat). Thus a battery that was unused for 3 years would have lost just about as much capacity as a properly used battery. Of course these probably are less than a year old, but I know my Cell battery has lost significant capacity in less than 2 years, and I don't use my phone that much.

nilepez said:
The other consideration is how old is the battery. Lithium Ion batteries lose capacity as they age (and when exposed to heat). Thus a battery that was unused for 3 years would have lost just about as much capacity as a properly used battery. Of course these probably are less than a year old, but I know my Cell battery has lost significant capacity in less than 2 years, and I don't use my phone that much.

Apple replaces that also :)

how much longer do you think they will have these black ipods for sale, im assuming they have a quantity but do these deals run out soon? I am procrastinating so badly right now after reading about the zen vision m, i like how the zen allows you to just drag and drop avi/wma etc files and has an fm tuner and the screen does seem to b a bit better quality. I got a first hand look today at best buy of the zen but i couldn't do a side comparision for the ipod video because the morons didn't have it hooked up to a power supply. I just don't like the fact that i have to convert the video for the ipod, just another hassle. Although i won't be using itunes i would probably be using anapod explorer which allows you to drop mp3 files and albums as if its an external drive. The only reason i would go with the apple at this point would be because its $100 less then retail and 100 less then the zen, im used to the apple but am not obsessed enough to not want to try something else. I am just up for the better deal really.

Anyone interested in purchasing a 4th gen white 20gb ipod? Great condition, PM if so.

synergyo1 said:
Apple replaces that also :)

Then I think this is a great deal for anyone that wants a 30gb iPod. 1yr warrant, new battery and it looks brand new. You can't go wrong.

Shitty pic but quality product. As you can see comes in a new shell no dings or dents. Deal now has the white versions in stock!

IMG_08541.jpg

awesome so basically you will not recieve one that is all scratched or dented or dinged? Are there any signs that it was used or they basically replace the shell completely...?

Not a single scratch on either of my refurbs that I bought from Apple. Never had an issue from the refurb..its spotless.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow, dumb Fed-Ex holding it in Salem, VA since the 12th, even though Salem is like an hour away :(

Cool thanks, have a 30GB black on the way. To top it off they took another 15.00 off the 199.99 because I got impatient and wanted to cancel, so I called and got it now for 184.00.

4gb Ipods FTno damn space. The videos actually look good IMO, even though I got mine for music and pictures.

4GB is just weak for space.

ahh, getting better. Still disagree with the FTW part, but to each his own. The new Ipods rock.

Just recieved the refurbed ipod video.. it was fine except it does have a dead pixel. Oh and wow do these things scratch easy! :eek:

Did you scratch it or did it come scratched? Was the unit in new condition out of the box? IE body, battery etc

I'm not too worried about a dead pixel or 2, like I said mine is going to be strictly for movies and a few baby pics. But you could send it back if you aren't happy per Apple so keep that in mind. If the pixel annoys you, why keep it, just get another unit.

I have a dead pixel on the top right corner of my DS lite, I only notice it on totally black screens and never when playing. I have come to love my little dead pixel, it's like my pet on my DS.

:D

Mine is going straight from the box to a hard shell protective case btw. Not taken any chances of scratching it up.

Back