Black Ops Gameplay Video

Same old same old. Nothing to see here move along. Also when did Pleasant Ville become a COD map?

That's the idea of that map, it's called Nuketown (I think) and it's modeled after the "fake" towns that the military would set up when testing nuclear bombs to see what kind of effect it would have on your typical small US town.

The "civies" are mannequins. Think Indiana Jones 4.

In the Gamespot video the devs said it's supposed to have a tongue-in-cheek feel, so don't get your panties in a bundle if it seems a little out of place or unrealistic!

For some reason I'm not as excited about this game after watching that video.

and whats up with the civies. are they mannequins WTH !!
Mannequins yes.

That level is inspired after Nuclear test bomb sites with fake neighborhoods to see how things get blowned up (think beginning of Indiana Jones Crystal Skull).

yeah i'm getting pretty amped up for this game

better video of that map (not against bots) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH6JIMraNnc

hey look i'm pro :rolleyes:

Capture154.jpg

Mannequins yes.

That level is inspired after Nuclear test bomb sites with fake neighborhoods to see how things get blowned up (think beginning of Indiana Jones Crystal Skull).

Good thing is all you need to survive a nuke is to get in a refrigerator:)

Same old same old. Nothing to see here move along. Also when did Pleasant Ville become a COD map?

God I have to agree. I actually enjoy the COD series but surprisingly enough for the campaign. I love me some short, action packed, blockbuster type shit but don't care for dragging myself through MP leveling etc.. SP games for me.

But watching the videos the game just looks like a MW2 expansion :/

I really don't understand why they feel the need to keep putting in this overwrought guitar riff/flashy top 1/3 of the screen obscuring vulgar graphic event balls. Especially when there's one for every single action, apparently.

That's the idea of that map, it's called Nuketown (I think) and it's modeled after the "fake" towns that the military would set up when testing nuclear bombs to see what kind of effect it would have on your typical small US town.

The "civies" are mannequins. Think Indiana Jones 4.

In the Gamespot video the devs said it's supposed to have a tongue-in-cheek feel, so don't get your panties in a bundle if it seems a little out of place or unrealistic!

Oh ok , I didn't know what the map was called. Makes sense now.

i just wish gamers would stop rewarding this same rehashing of the series. $60 map packs, year over year. And Bobby Kotick said that this is exactly what he would do!

I really don't understand why they feel the need to keep putting in this overwrought guitar riff/flashy top 1/3 of the screen obscuring vulgar graphic event balls. Especially when there's one for every single action, apparently.

It is the continuation of the late 90's XTREME shit.

Drives me nuts.

Back