Black Ops: Escalation map pack accidentally announed

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
Aussie retailer Game accidentally revealed to the world the massive and totally unexpected revelation that Black Ops will be getting more DLC!

Image_1.jpg

I'm a sucker for the Zombies mode, so I probably will end up getting this. Yes, I'm a shit consoletard and yes I am ruining gaming for everyone.

can't wait for the new zombie map... this will be a day one buy for me.

I picked up the first strike map pack and I wasn't too impressed with the MP levels (the arena and berlin wall are both cool, but the other two were pretty 'meh') but the zombie map, ascension, is amazing. It's the best one yet IMO.

can't wait for the new zombie map... this will be a day one buy for me.

I picked up the first strike map pack and I wasn't too impressed with the MP levels (the arena and berlin wall are both cool, but the other two were pretty 'meh') but the zombie map, ascension, is amazing. It's the best one yet IMO.

That's the only reason I will get this one. I didn't buy the CODMW2 maps, they were either crap or COD4 ports as well as being grossly overpriced. BFBC2: Vietnam is much more value for money at $15 in terms of multiplayer but I get enough value from the very well-done Zombie levels to warrant my purchase.

If its 5 new campaign on L4D2 for 15 bucks, I'll probably buy it.

But for a mere 5 maps, its daylight robbery to me

Gee....who didn't see this coming? And you know all of the scrubs will be forking over their mommie's money to buy these as well :rolleyes:

instead of DLC it would be nice if they fix the obvious lag and hit detection issues first. you know. the main reason why i had to sell that POS in the first place.

people want better games? quit buying shit ones and the DLC that they profit so much off of.

What DLCs should be: "You would like a bit more?"

What DLCs are: "You want the rest?"

What DLCs should be: "You would like a bit more?"

What DLCs are: "You want the rest?"

i work in game development and DLC most usually isn't a case of 'here is the rest' . the teams work quite hard making new content for dlc packs. there certainly are cases where content doesn't make the final cut for the shipping product, either because it isn't polished enough or maybe requires more time or testing. these things can be worked on after the title has shipped and can be released as DLC. Also, on most titles, disc space can be a very limiting factor. the disc usually is packed to the brim and on multiple projects i've seen how much stuff either needs to be cut or further optimized to get it to fit on the disc.

I don't believe that most information that is labeled as "leaked" or "accidentally" is ever that. Its just a publicity stunt. Its more exciting to find about a release if its "TOP SECRET!"

i work in game development and DLC most usually isn't a case of 'here is the rest' . the teams work quite hard making new content for dlc packs. there certainly are cases where content doesn't make the final cut for the shipping product, either because it isn't polished enough or maybe requires more time or testing. these things can be worked on after the title has shipped and can be released as DLC. Also, on most titles, disc space can be a very limiting factor. the disc usually is packed to the brim and on multiple projects i've seen how much stuff either needs to be cut or further optimized to get it to fit on the disc.

For 5 maps? Cmon.

the last map pack (first strike) for black ops on the PS3 was 1.6GB and only 5 maps. I believe it.

If you ask me, 300+ mb per map is an extraordinary waste of data...

...of course, my opinion of CoD is that it's an extraordinary waste of data too.

Are you for real???!!!!! omg and i bet another $15 lol what ever happen to free maps for the PC?? I blame Steam and the developers.......

Are you for real???!!!!! omg and i bet another $15 lol what ever happen to free maps for the PC?? I blame Steam and the developers.......

How is this Steam's (re: Valve's) fault? I agree with the rest of your statement.

And it's also the fault of the people that keep whipping their wallets out. At least half the blame goes on them. The developers wouldn't do it and wouldn't think they could get away with it...unless they were. And are.

What a racket.

How is this Steam's (re: Valve's) fault? I agree with the rest of your statement.

And it's also the fault of the people that keep whipping their wallets out. At least half the blame goes on them. The developers wouldn't do it and wouldn't think they could get away with it...unless they were. And are.

What a racket.

Well I'm sure steam isn't allowing Treyarch to store the map pack on their servers for free not to mention all the bandwidth users will use downloading the map pack, don't you think that will cost?

Well I'm sure steam isn't allowing Treyarch to store the map pack on their servers for free not to mention all the bandwidth users will use downloading the map pack, don't you think that will cost?

They treat the DLC like any other expansion. Valve doesn't set the prices.

They treat the DLC like any other expansion. Valve doesn't set the prices.

I know valve doesn't set the price dammit i mean valve will charge Treyarch to host the Maps on their servers and all the bandwidth used whiles the gamers download it.....

steam doesn't have to be the end all and be all place to get your updates.

"Black Ops: 15$ scrawny map pack accidentally predicted"

whaaaaaat?!?!

Again, the majority of gamers are ignorant. If you know better and STILL pay for this bullshit.....

Well, there are these animal farms were you can be "petted" by the horses....I will buy you a ticket! Two! One for your mom and one for you! Yay!

Sigh.

Back