Black Ops 2 revealed - November 13th

Well what if someone asked you to explain why you hate the series so much? What reasoning can you provide to why COD deserves such ire over well 99% of modern shooters released?

Edit: Or better yet what about why does it matter so much to you what they enjoy? Why do you feel it's your job to tell them they shouldn't be enjoying a game?

What? He just gave a reason why he doesn't like it:

well I than posted "tell me how much better was MW3 compared to MW2 and MW1 and BO1? They are just milking you guys with what should have been expansion packs to the original MW1 instead of charging you $60 for a new game."

Im just betting that if alot of people would go back to refresh their memory and play COD4MW again, I can almost bet they wouldnt be able to comprehend the differences besides one being newer.

He thinks they're charging for the same game over and over again, and the number of changes is not worth $60/year.

That's a big difference from "a lot better!" as a reason in favor of the game.

----

And I'll add that it's not a good competitive PVP game, the wall shots are idiotic, "killstreaks" are not good FPS gameplay, 1 shotting people from a helicopter isn't good FPS gameplay, and the overall weapon design/damage/map design leads to mindless zerging and spray and pray.

Everything Russ just said, Bravo.

The people who think that each new CoD is a sweet new game, i'm betting have never installed a mod in their life.

Looks pretty sweet. I'm glad they are going futuristic instead of old school.

looks so dope!

This is gonna be my first ever Pre-Order

43411_shill_alert_op4w.jpg

lmao :p Yea that's some funny stuff. I wonder how Treyarch got their hands on some 11 month old [H] accounts. Looks like the guy forgot to log out of the first one before he made his 2nd reply. At least he switched accounts for the 3rd one.

I deleted all the call of duty games except for the first 2 lol. The graphics are just so horrible.

I need to replay CoD... such a fantastic game, graphics be damned! Bad graphics don't harm excellent gameplay.

I like how on Steam the description is:

Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare. Pre-order today.

I think they need to look up the meaning of "Cold War"...

OMGZZZ THEY STILL HAVEN'T COME OUT WITH SOMETHING THAT'S LATER AND GREATER THAN MW1 !!!@@@!!!@11111111 PASS PASS PASSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HARDCORE PC GAMER TIL I DIEEEZZZZZ!!222111```~~~~@@##@!!111

Jk...I can't wait to spend the $70-120 or whatever this game and all of its DLC's cost to embark on a $.01/10 hour entertainment adventure. I'll make sure to post up some MP videos for you gais.

I guess I'll buy this one since my friend is gonna play multi. What the hell. I never bought mw3 but I'll fall for this one.

I like how on Steam the description is:

I think they need to look up the meaning of "Cold War"...

Hmm, the US and USSR managed to have a "Cold War" for 45 years while still being involved in open military conflict...it just wasn't with each other directly.

Hmm, the US and USSR managed to have a "Cold War" for 45 years while still being involved in open military conflict...it just wasn't with each other directly.

That's kinda the point. Cold war implies there is no open combat. Does that look like an appropriate description of this game based on what we have seen in the trailer so far? No.

OMGZZZ THEY STILL HAVEN'T COME OUT WITH SOMETHING THAT'S LATER AND GREATER THAN MW1 !!!@@@!!!@11111111 PASS PASS PASSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HARDCORE PC GAMER TIL I DIEEEZZZZZ!!222111```~~~~@@##@!!111

Jk...I can't wait to spend the $70-120 or whatever this game and all of its DLC's cost to embark on a $.01/10 hour entertainment adventure. I'll make sure to post up some MP videos for you gais.

I can't actually tell if you are being serious (and therefore retarded) or what. It's like a reverse double-troll all in one post. :p

so much hate in this thread. i dont know why hardcore gamers hate the COD series. If its not for you than dont buy it, but dont be upset with everyone that does. Its obviously not a shitty game if every year the series breaks or comes close to sales records, it just might not be your cup of tea.

so much hate in this thread. i dont know why hardcore gamers hate the COD series. If its not for you than dont buy it, but dont be upset with everyone that does. Its obviously not a shitty game if every year the series breaks or comes close to sales records, it just might not be your cup of tea.

I just hate it because it promotes shallow gameplay and cod fans have a hard time getting anything complex.

That's kinda the point. Cold war implies there is no open combat. Does that look like an appropriate description of this game based on what we have seen in the trailer so far? No.

Cold War means no open and declared conflict, but does not preclude the two sides from fighting, probably in covert ops that if word got out would embarrass one or both of the governments or lead to severe political issues back home and in the international community. Soviets and American did fight each other, but neither government wanted to face off in open war so all action was treated as nothing more than "incidents". Korea and Vietnam had more than a few of them.

I would expect the game to be based around a proxy war, like the Vietnam levels in Black Ops, with covert levels against the main opposition. You get a war game that allows you to kill the main "bad" guys(be it Russia or China, haven't read much into the game) but still use the premise of a repeat of the Cold War in the future.

"So much hate...I don't know why real music fans hate Justin Bieber's music. If it's not for you then don't buy it, but don't be upset with everyone that does. It's obviously not shitty music if every year his albums breaks or comes close to sales records, it just might not be your cup of tea."

Now do you get it?

I just hate it because it promotes shallow gameplay and cod fans have a hard time getting anything complex.
How about there are people who absolutely love the CoD franchise for what it is: A fast paced arcade arena style shooter with Quake roots...AANNNDDD these people are also able to absolutely adore games like BF3 with its updated graphics and more team oriented, "mature" game style, that requires "more thinking".

Too many ball rider, elitist, ass kissers around here to come to this conclusion I guess.

The CoD franchise while milked to death, does it like no other when it comes to fast paced rpg'ish, level oriented run'n'gun fun.

I can't actually tell if you are being serious (and therefore retarded) or what. It's like a reverse double-troll all in one post. :p
I seriously can't wait for it. I choose not to join in on the parade of crybaby adult themed hatred when it comes to the CoD franchise. It's relatively cheap entertainment...very satisfying entertainment.

"So much hate...I don't know why real music fans hate Justin Bieber's music. If it's not for you then don't buy it, but don't be upset with everyone that does. It's obviously not shitty music if every year his albums breaks or comes close to sales records, it just might not be your cup of tea."

Now do you get it?

different people have different tastes. i don't accuse my 14 year old niece of ruining the music industry because she listens to Bieber. the market is big enough to support different tastes.

different people have different tastes. i don't accuse my 14 year old niece of ruining the music industry because she listens to Bieber. the market is big enough to support different tastes.

I totally agree with that. The problem I have is that I know what games my boy plays and if he wants to play the new COD "whatever" then he can purchase it himself. Not paying the umpteenth time for rehashed crap. Since he doesn't have a job that cures that, he can go outside and play more...

Cold War means no open and declared conflict, but does not preclude the two sides from fighting, probably in covert ops that if word got out would embarrass one or both of the governments or lead to severe political issues back home and in the international community. Soviets and American did fight each other, but neither government wanted to face off in open war so all action was treated as nothing more than "incidents". Korea and Vietnam had more than a few of them.

I would expect the game to be based around a proxy war, like the Vietnam levels in Black Ops, with covert levels against the main opposition. You get a war game that allows you to kill the main "bad" guys(be it Russia or China, haven't read much into the game) but still use the premise of a repeat of the Cold War in the future.

Yeah, but if you watch the trailers it looks like open warfare to me (giant robots, destroyed cities, soldiers running about, etc.).

True on the first part, but there is a difference in that is much easier for random people to make and sell music than it is for a random person to make a high-budget video game. We've already seen the trend toward shitty console ports and generic titles because that's what the general mainstream is buying. At the same time we are getting less and less PC-centric, high-quality graphical titles. In the music industry there is a lot of mainstream crap, but there is also plenty of independent music of all types if you want it. Not really true of the gaming industry these days.

How about there are people who absolutely love the CoD franchise for what it is: A fast paced arcade arena style shooter with Quake roots...AANNNDDD these people are also able to absolutely adore games like BF3 with its updated graphics and more team oriented, "mature" game style, that requires "more thinking".

Too many ball rider, elitist, ass kissers around here to come to this conclusion I guess.

The CoD franchise while milked to death, does it like no other when it comes to fast paced rpg'ish, level oriented run'n'gun fun.

Not from what I've seen. I actually convinced a friend that is a huge COD fan to buy BF3 and all he did was complain about how "the maps were too big" (what? the BF3 maps are quite small) and "I can't find anyone" even though we were playing on a full 64 man server. Sorry there's more to this game than just running a few feet and finding someone. He didn't even like doing the objectives. It wasn't until I put him in a 64 man metro server that he had fun. That's all he'll play.

If you're comfortable having your gaming tastes compared to a 14-year old girl's music tastes, then by all means...I'm more than happy to make the comparison.

True on the first part, but there is a difference in that is much easier for random people to make and sell music than it is for a random person to make a high-budget video game. We've already seen the trend toward shitty console ports and generic titles because that's what the general mainstream is buying. At the same time we are getting less and less PC-centric, high-quality graphical titles. In the music industry there is a lot of mainstream crap, but there is also plenty of independent music of all types if you want it. Not really true of the gaming industry these days.

And this is true because there is demand for it, and fans support their music through sales. In the video game world, most of you guys have cut your own throats by pirating any good PC title to death, and now must live with the consequences for a very long time. That is, console titles aimed at the younger crowd which cannot be easily pirated and a fan base with less ambition to do it as well. THAT IS REALITY.

And this is true because there is demand for it, and fans support their music through sales. In the video game world, most of you guys have cut your own throats by pirating any good PC title to death, and now must live with the consequences for a very long time. That is, console titles aimed at the younger crowd which cannot be easily pirated and a fan base with less ambition to do it as well. THAT IS REALITY.

Is this a joke?

If you honestly think piracy is what is killing PC gaming or that console games are not easily pirated, you are deluded.

If you're comfortable having your gaming tastes compared to a 14-year old girl's music tastes, then by all means...I'm more than happy to make the comparison.

make any comparison you like. i always find it funny when people become righteous and snobbish over video games. to the rest of the world we're all 14 year old kids.

edit: not necessarily calling you Daggah righteous or snobbish, this is more of a generalization. i'm saying it with a tone of humor :)

Last edited:

Is this a joke?

If you honestly think piracy is what is killing PC gaming or that console games are not easily pirated, you are deluded.

and to add to this, if PC gamers 'cut their own throats' then music fans cut their own throats long ago. piracy hasn't pushed developers towards consoles. it's just where the money is.

and to add to this, if PC gamers 'cut their own throats' then music fans cut their own throats long ago. piracy hasn't pushed developers towards consoles. it's just where the money is.

Downloading music DID kill the music industry. The only thing that helped save it is ITunes and the convenience of ipods. You're silly if you don't know this. Piracy did hurt the PC game market. Developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they blame piracy people like most of you cry and bitch and moan (and then pirate more of said developer's games because they pissed you off). So they take the easy way out and make console games and port them because it's CHEAPER and they don't care at that point if people pirate them because it didn't cost them shit to port it to PC.

Bottom line, stealing is bad. K?

Downloading music DID kill the music industry. The only thing that helped save it is ITunes and the convenience of ipods. You're silly if you don't know this. Piracy did hurt the PC game market. Developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they blame piracy people like most of you cry and bitch and moan (and then pirate more of said developer's games because they pissed you off). So they take the easy way out and make console games and port them because it's CHEAPER and they don't care at that point if people pirate them because it didn't cost them shit to port it to PC.

Stealing is bad but that's about all I agree on with your statement. Piracy didn't kill the music industry, technology did and the archaic music industry refusing to adapt to the times. They refused to sell individual tracks at reasonable DRM free prices and tried to force monolithic and outdated cd pricing to consumers. As you stated in your own words Apple saved them with iTunes and refusing to gouge their customers per the music industry's demands.

Do you think there was zero piracy before that? Yes the Internet made it easier but it wasn't like it was non existant before. The music industry has wasted billions of dollars fighting piracy and drm free music instead of rolling out an updated pay model.

Last edited:

i was pointing out the contradiction in his post; i wasn't making a broad conclusion about music piracy. none of this is relevant to the thread so i'll stop perpetuating it.

Last edited:
Stealing is bad but that's about all I agree on with your statement. Piracy didn't kill the music industry, technology did and the archaic music industry refusing to adapt to the times. They refused to sell individual tracks at reasonable DRM free prices and tried to force monolithic and outdated cd pricing to consumers. As you stated in your own words Apple saved them with iTunes and refusing to gouge their customers per the music industry's demands.

Do you think there was zero piracy before that? Yes the Internet made it easier but it wasn't like it was non existant before. The music industry has wasted billions of dollars fighting piracy and drm free music instead of rolling out an updated pay model.

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more. And I look at myself and what I used to do to come to my opinions on the matter. It's like so many people on here are afraid to admit their own faults. I downloaded thousands upon thousands of mp3's before ITunes came out. Has nothing to do with technology. It was all about me saving myself thousands upon thousands of dollars. I can also admit I did the same for PC Games. How can anyone in their right mind after doing this say it's the devolopers' faults (or technology's lol) and that piracy had nothing to do with it? It's insane to think otherwise.

Back