Black Ops 2 revealed - November 13th

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Trailer came out last night, more info can be found here - http://www.joystiq.com/tag/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/

Set (mostly) in the near future this time. Looks sort of silly to me. The trailer shows the year as 2025, but I have a hard time believing that 13 years were going to be utilizing combat mechs and the like. Seems too futuristic to me for being the time it is set in. Hell, the Army has been using a lot of the same weapons and vehicles (albeit with modifications) for the past 25-35 years, and now COD wants me to believe were going to have some sort of technological revolution?

Looks like the same engine also, no surprises there. I'll be skipping this.

I'm done with Black Ops, I never completed the storyline, and barely got 30 hours into the multiplayer.

I wish Activision would stop it with the yearly CoD releases, CoD is so 2007 its not even entertaining anymore. BO multiplayer was the biggest piece of shit I've played, though the campaign is alright. Of course, its on the same engine thanks to consoles, even if it was on a new engine it won't save the series.

Treyarch seems to be taking a fairly big risk by putting COD in the "near-future", since original weapons and vehicles will need to be designed. It could be the shake-up COD needs.

As predicted.

Every game after Modern Warfare 1: expansion packs. Same tech. Same consoleitus game play. Same computer generated gun sounds. And listen to the damage control http://www.gametrailers.com/video/graphics-interview-call-of/729747#new_comment

Yeah, they know their engine is old, they know that Kotick doesn't want to spend money on a new game engine (not until the next gen consoles come out at least), and they are doing a pre-emptive damage control to convince the console kiddies that this new game is "cutting edge". lol. I predicted they were gonna do this year ago. If the game still sells, we will see Black Ops 3: Dim Whit Edition next year, complete with cliched quicktime events and "turret" sections and "new gameplay features" like horseback riding...yeah, new to CoD games maybe.

But I am sure the console kiddies will camp out at the local Gamestop to get their hands on it.

And people wonder why I am a misanthrope.

Oh cool that should make Black Ops come down in price. When it's $10 I'll buy it.

I enjoyed the campaign of BO1. I'll play BO2 if the story & gameplay hold up well.

I played BO1 Mp alot....since it was Dedicated servers.

But I have a feeling this game will be crap MW2 & 3 bullshit MP.

Sad day.....I still have my COD1 cd's laying around.....sigh sucks how bad this franchise went downhill

Looks pretty decent, but nothing earth shattering. I want to see what they're doing to the MP elements. Hope they bring back dolphin diving, wager matches and keep the current 'strike package' setup from MW3. I REALLY hope they keep the logo customization from the original Black Ops as well. So much better than cookie cutter 'pre-designed' badges

I might pass on this unless they bring back Zombies (crossing fingers)

Looks pretty decent, but nothing earth shattering. I want to see what they're doing to the MP elements. Hope they bring back dolphin diving, wager matches and keep the current 'strike package' setup from MW3. I REALLY hope they keep the logo customization from the original Black Ops as well. So much better than cookie cutter 'pre-designed' badges

I might pass on this unless they bring back Zombies (crossing fingers)

CODMW3 is just an expansion to CODMW2. They used the same pre-designed badges and titles in both games.

According to below, Zombies Mode is coming back.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/48-things-that-you-should-know-about-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/

I would be interested in the campaign as well but $60 for 4 hours of game-play is just stupid.

stop playing it on very easy :p Nobody buys call of duty or (insert modern combat game here) for the SP. The Multiplayer is where it shines.

I still haven't beat BO single player on Veteran. Stuck in the tunnels with woods after shooting down the rocket. The AI is a rat bastard. Everytime I'm close to getting out, some random grenade lands next to me or I get flanked because my 'team' isn't covering us.

I played BO1 Mp alot....since it was Dedicated servers.

But I have a feeling this game will be crap MW2 & 3 bullshit MP.

I don't think BO2 will scrap the dedicated server model they used in the original Black Ops. They already have a technical foundation built plus they can sell franchise licenses which is just increased revenue.

Also there's no way in hell Black Ops 2 won't have the zombie game. It's a Treyarch COD staple. Hrm...robot nazi zombies? Cool.

I played black ops a bit because of ok FOV and Dedicated server.

Then I didn't listen to Hardforum and purchased MW3...

Hopefully black ops 2 keeps dedicated server and allows non-retarded FOV values.

meh.jpg

I'm done with Black Ops, I never completed the storyline, and barely got 30 hours into the multiplayer.

hehe i completely the storyline and played about 10 hours of multiplayer lol. money well spent huh

So, COD is now a Michael Bay movie, even with Transformer sound effects........

Pass

I would be interested in the campaign as well but $60 for 4 hours of game-play is just stupid.

I'll wait for it go on sale since I don't see the value in time-to-cost ratio they're trying to push (as far as SP goes).

Since the disappointment of MW2 I've put CoD firmly in the 'rental' category for the SP playthrough. However, this excerpt from the IGN preview has admittedly piqued my interest a bit:

To help diversify the single-player experience, Treyarch's introducing "Strike Force" missions. Rather than just dumping players into another level, having them control someone with an alternate name, and telling them this is "different," Treyarch's breaking new ground for the series. You control a black ops group, choosing from a number of levels based on the threat each presents in the current cold war. Success isn't guaranteed, and if all your operatives die you lose the missions, changing the course of the conflict. You also pick one mission at the cost of others, meaning that you and your friends might not experience the same battlefields.

Talk is cheap so we'll see how it is in practice, but I will be paying a little more attention to how this develops.

Here's a link to the story: BO2 Preview on IGN

I played World at War zombies last night with a friend. I'd agree with whoever said a stand alone zombie game would be fun.

The BO maps were pretty fun for zombies, although I don't think anything will beat the 2nd map in World at War , the asylum level. You could really get a long ways just posting up in hallways with a solid group. Good times.

I didn't realize EA gave Activision the rights to Battlefield 2142's sequel.

:rolleyes:

People are claiming that they're doing something new finally. But it's already been done before. You could also draw comparisons to Halo and Killzone as well.

I don't think BO2 will scrap the dedicated server model they used in the original Black Ops. They already have a technical foundation built plus they can sell franchise licenses which is just increased revenue.

Also there's no way in hell Black Ops 2 won't have the zombie game. It's a Treyarch COD staple. Hrm...robot nazi zombies? Cool.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/02/h...iplayer-cheats-dedicated-servers-lan-support/

Sounds like BO2 is going the way of MW3.....UGH.....

I really have no hope in ranked dedicated servers again in this franchise. They might as well stop making it for pc.

Yeah but I'm sure you got to make some cool avatar right? lol
B.O. was my last COD purchase for me and I even skipped MW2.

How do you all even keep the names straight? Maybe it's because I've never spent money on a COD game, but they all sound the same to me, and most of them look the same too.

Carl on Duty: Black Cops 2: Electric Boogaloo will make a ton of money I'm sure, but it'll still be a joke to the rest of us.

I loved the WAW zombies mode, but that was the last COD I bought. It's the only thing abut the game that interests me, but not for $60.

Ya well, this is how CoD goes, it is what people want, or at least what they are telling Activision they want by buying the game in mass numbers all the time.

So if it bothers you, pisses you off, or whatever then just don't buy it. That is the only thing that'll make a difference long run anyhow.

Listened to a special podcast Giant Bomb put out yesterday. It sounds like they're trying to do some non-CODish things with the campaign. However my problem with the series is and will always be how it plays. Everything feels too forced, too scripted, like you're watching the game happening around you instead of playing it and when you do get the rare chance to do something it's not terribly interesting just lame generic feeling shooting.

Black Ops 2 is futuristic?

Uh oh. You know what that means? A half-assed multiplatform version of Battlefield 2143 by EA/DICE in 2013 is imminent. You know....so they can "compete" with Activision.

From what I can see this will be the spiritual successor to Battlefield 2142 and will be partially developed by Kaos Studios the team behind frontlines fuel of war. Looking forward to it!

From what I can see this will be the spiritual successor to Battlefield 2142 and will be partially developed by Kaos Studios the team behind frontlines fuel of war. Looking forward to it!

Kaos doesn't exist anymore. THQ closed them down.

One of my console friends, who buys every installment of COD on his ps3 and posts his kill streak videos on youtube, finally cracked when the trailer came out and he asked the question "Damm already??" .... lol

Hope to see him wake up from this COD dreamland someday. his other zombie friends however, stated on the trailer video that he posted up. that they are already pre-ordering it and can not wait.
http://i48.tinypic.com/14tlgeq.jpg

Hope to see him wake up from this COD dreamland someday. his other zombie friends however, stated on the trailer video that he posted up. that they are already pre-ordering it and can not wait.
http://i48.tinypic.com/14tlgeq.jpg

You know what I hear when I see posts like this?

"How dare someone enjoy a game series I don't. They should all stop playing because I have a problem with it."

Since the disappointment of MW2 I've put CoD firmly in the 'rental' category for the SP playthrough. However, this excerpt from the IGN preview has admittedly piqued my interest a bit:

Talk is cheap so we'll see how it is in practice, but I will be paying a little more attention to how this develops.

Here's a link to the story: BO2 Preview on IGN

IT"S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL IS IT STEVE?

You know what I hear when I see posts like this?

"How dare someone enjoy a game series I don't. They should all stop playing because I have a problem with it."

well I than posted "tell me how much better was MW3 compared to MW2 and MW1 and BO1? They are just milking you guys with what should have been expansion packs to the original MW1 instead of charging you $60 for a new game."

and his only reply could be "Alot better!!" without being able to acknowledge in what ways it is better. Im just betting that if alot of people would go back to refresh their memory and play COD4MW again, I can almost bet they wouldnt be able to comprehend the differences besides one being newer.

well I than posted "tell me how much better was MW3 compared to MW2 and MW1 and BO1? They are just milking you guys with what should have been expansion packs to the original MW1 instead of charging you $60 for a new game."

and his only reply could be "Alot better!!" without being able to acknowledge in what ways it is better. Im just betting that if alot of people would go back to refresh their memory and play COD4MW again, I can almost bet they wouldnt be able to comprehend the differences besides one being newer.

Well what if someone asked you to explain why you hate the series so much? What reasoning can you provide to why COD deserves such ire over well 99% of modern shooters released?

Edit: Or better yet what about why does it matter so much to you what they enjoy? Why do you feel it's your job to tell them they shouldn't be enjoying a game?

Looks sick. Kinda command and conquer Tiberium sun ish... Rest of you are just haters... Haters gon hate.

Back