Black Ops 2 Contains Wrong Game On 2nd Disc

Besides all the butt hurt and raging....

...how the hell did they NOT notice this during the creation of the thousands/millions of copies...???????????? Does no one think 'gee, i better pop one of these suckers in to make sure it works...'

Consoles typically don't have you install games over multiple discs too do they? The PS2 is the last console I had, so I don't know if games need to be installed anymore, or just throw it in and play.

Most games don't require any installation. Those that do rarely install the entire game.

I have no sympathy for people who waste time and money waiting in line to buy a PC game that doesn't come with some super rare bonus that is actually limited in quantity when there is a digital way to get the game.
People can do what they want. They shouldn't get screwed by lack of QC. :rolleyes:

Man, waited all night, got the big gulp and most likely the munchies stacked up ready for an all nighter and then this happens. I don't even like the COD series, but that probably ruined the poor dumb bastards night, day, week, and month in one fell swoop.

You don't mess with a mans gaming ritual...you just don't.

this just made my day

buying blops for pc? lol

What did you expect? They could have just put the last game in a different case and 90% of the fools who play it would not notice for a good long time.

Haw haw haw...

Hopefully this isn't a sign of Electronic-Activision though. I shudder to think of what terrible abominations would result from that tentacled beast. Probably Battle Duty: Call of Honor Desert Shooter 2 - Electric Boogaloo Part 1 with 5 "optional" DLC packs with such features as "ability to carry additional magazines over the limit of two" or "crouch key will now respond" or the ever popular "zombie mode".

mass effect is better tgan that condole noob crap.pf duty anyway

just got my copy from target, disc is black ops 2.
no issues here yet.

mass effect is better tgan that condole noob crap.pf duty anyway

I thought mass effect was made for consoles too? I never played the second one, but the first one felt like "baby's first rpg" like all the genre does now-a-days; seems like these poor guys were destined for console games on their pc either way.

lol for waiting in line at midnight for a PC game that can be purchased and downloaded at midnight from home, and
lol for waiting in line for a call of duty game

While I'm not one of them, there are many gamer who still enjoy collecting boxed copy of their games. For example, in many kickstarter projects, people are willing to pay more just to get the boxed copy of the game.

I guess having a box of a game still has its charm to many.

I LOVE IT!

I boycotted COD6 MW2 because you couldn't have dedicated servers. Yep, haven't bought a COD since.

I hope it cost's them Millions for this screw-up... Would make me feel better anyway.

It's called pre-loading. Install the game over the course of a week or so. Then on release night, shut down steam client, restart steam client. It downloads the key files to decrypt and you are playing in no time. I have no sympathy for people who waste time and money waiting in line to buy a PC game that doesn't come with some super rare bonus that is actually limited in quantity when there is a digital way to get the game.

I feel sorry for people to ignorant to relize not everyone can download a 16gb game. Not saying this is the case for most but my step dad likes call of duty, but is limited to 10gb/month thanks to living out in the middle of no where and having craptastic choices for an isp. Just because you have the privilage to good internet does not mean everyone does.

So being able to install off a dvd=manditory untill they can give everyone decent internet.

I feel sorry for people to ignorant to relize not everyone can download a 16gb game. Not saying this is the case for most but my step dad likes call of duty, but is limited to 10gb/month thanks to living out in the middle of no where and having craptastic choices for an isp. Just because you have the privilage to good internet does not mean everyone does.

So being able to install off a dvd=manditory untill they can give everyone decent internet.

This. Very much this. A lot of ignorant people on this forum, honestly.

I have friends who live with small data caps AND/OR maximum download speeds no higher than 3 Mbps just because of the area they live in.

A friend of mine in South Dakota has very crappy DSL over there, and can't get higher than 3Mbps just because higher speed DSL and cable ISPs don't provide service there.

Just remember everyone on this forum: There can be many reasons why people would rather buy a physical copy than buy it digitally. Not everyone has high speed broadband or has them available in their area. Users should stop being ignorant of other people's situations.

From Joystiq:
blops.jpg

That picture is hilarious!

Black Oops 2 :p

When I built my system I had a choice to buy a dvd drive or a pizza, man that pizza tasted good. I'd buy a gold plated 3ft. hdmi cable from best buy before a disc drive, at least I'd get to use the cable.

Well, it's a Steam game so it should be easy enough to just install it from there while waiting for a replacement disk.

What are those round things, called disks you are talking about? Is that like betamax or something?

:p

What are those round things, called disks you are talking about? Is that like betamax or something?

:p

+1.

Archaic stuff, like going to the store to buy clothes or a movie rental place. WTF.

I only do online stuff except groceries. Even the wife always tells me she would rather just have E-sex with me! :eek:

that sucks. for them.

i'm gonna go play my free downloaded copy of BF1942. which while dated, is still a blast.

Why would any PC gamer wait outside for DVDs when you can download it through Steam?

Why would any PC gamer wait outside for DVDs when you can download it through Steam?

NFI, but about the same as with the iphone when you can just order it online.

Maybe they want to brag that they waited in line for 3 hours, wore depends(eww!), got rained and/or snowed on, but got a dvd. :D

Bioware giving 50 PC players a free ME Trilogy if they were affected by the Blops / ME disk swap

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...ct-trilogy-to-fifty-lucky-black-ops-ii-buyers

Yesterday we reported on a manufacturing mistake putting in discs of Mass Effect where the second disc of Call of Duty: Black Ops II should have been for some PC players. Many have seen this as annoying. Bioware sees it, in their words, as "an omen."

Stating that, if the universe wants you to play Mass Effect, who is BioWare to deny them, fans who send a photo of themselves holding their defective second disc will receive a download code for a free PC copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy.

But if you want it you'd better hurry: BioWare is limiting it to the first fifty photos they get.

Our Take: OK, so maybe this is really about tweaking a rival publisher and studio over a mistake they couldn't fix. But we never turn down free games and for a lucky few, it'll be a nice silver lining to what's likely a frustrating issue.

Bioware giving 50 PC players a free ME Trilogy if they were affected by the Blops / ME disk swap

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...ct-trilogy-to-fifty-lucky-black-ops-ii-buyers

Yesterday we reported on a manufacturing mistake putting in discs of Mass Effect where the second disc of Call of Duty: Black Ops II should have been for some PC players. Many have seen this as annoying. Bioware sees it, in their words, as "an omen."

Stating that, if the universe wants you to play Mass Effect, who is BioWare to deny them, fans who send a photo of themselves holding their defective second disc will receive a download code for a free PC copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy.

But if you want it you'd better hurry: BioWare is limiting it to the first fifty photos they get.

Our Take: OK, so maybe this is really about tweaking a rival publisher and studio over a mistake they couldn't fix. But we never turn down free games and for a lucky few, it'll be a nice silver lining to what's likely a frustrating issue.

Awesome!

Back