Black Mesa: Source appears to be inbound soon

it's taken so long now... i can almost not care anymore. idk why people announce things when they don't have a clue where they are at with development [i mean the people doing the conversion should have waited]... soon we will be on 5 years.

Hard to believe that HL2 is 8 years old.....and it still holds up after all this time. I can still remember getting my brand new ATI 9800 128meg AGP videocard...to go with my K6-2 AMD cpu.

Believe it when I see it. They update the damn site like once a year. The trailer which was meant to show us an almost complete game is like 3 years old now. If they were this close to release you think they'd keep people more in the loop. It's a fucking mod youd think at least theyd be like "hey we finished a map this month" nope nothing. I'm not trying to be mean but at least Valve is like "No, if and when its here we'll let you know" , but these guys release a fucking screenshot like once a year and all it does is annoy me.

According to the revision page it was updated in March 2012 but again I really honestly feel like they are just attention whoring. Supposedly in 2009 almost everybody involved quit and they had to reorganize. Haven't seen shit since then. They even suggest you follow the twitter it's just somebody whoring their personal facebook page.

I wouldnt be so annoyed but it feels like we're being trolled and HL is my one weakness.

Last edited:
hey, i don't think anybody cares about our mod anymore. maybe we should give them a date..?
no, let's just give some ambiguous statement about the soundtrack [lol] and the mod following it in about two weeks time.

when should we say one or the other is to be expected?
just say "soon"... "really soon".

beyond funny. and then dsog says:

"Given the fact that there will definitely be a small delay to it, we can pretty much say that a Summer release looks very likely."

Hard to believe that HL2 is 8 years old.....and it still holds up after all this time. I can still remember getting my brand new ATI 9800 128meg AGP videocard...to go with my K6-2 AMD cpu.

I had no idea what Half Life was when I bought my 9600XT.
It just came with a coupon for a free copy of the Bronze HL2 package.
I think the game was still 2 months away from release when I bought the 9600XT.
9600xt.jpg

Eh... if they never release then oh well. But if they do, then it'll be an excuse to play HL again. And playing HL again is never a bad thing. I can wait.

9600xt.jpg

I remember it played really well on my 9700 Pro then I upgraded to the 9800XT 256mb which played it even better at higher res.

I remember it played really well on my 9700 Pro then I upgraded to the 9800XT 256mb which played it even better at higher res.

Counter strike Source ended up being one of my favorite games, which came free with that card. Not sure when the hours counter started but I currently have almost 900 hours with that game.

Well, like DSO points out, they have been unusually active on the main website, Twitter and Facebook. All the clues really seem to be adding up to an impeding release... I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer and see.

z6cXe.jpg

Vaporware is vaporware. Someone call when there's actually code in the wild. Everything else is sheer speculation.

Does it include CoOp on first release like they said ? I would be pumped again if it does indeed include CoOp so I can play along with a buddy :)

But again, all this means nothing without the actual release ready to download, right now this mod is sill vapor wear.

I'm at the point where I don't care if it even comes out.

Same to be honest.

There's some magical limit to how long you can make people wait for things, once the length of time waiting gets too large you simply cannot provide the quality to justify the wait, you also start to lose the ability to outrun the growth in technology.

DNF is a perfect example of this :)

If this mod turns out like the original design idea, it should still be very kick butt. Half Life 2 even today is still a fun game, and after all this time, not that dated looking yet.

So imagine a Half Life 1 style game, done in the Source engine, and allowing CoOp, to play along with a friend, that should still be awesome, as long as the mod is of high quality, and polished, not an incomplete bug ridden half assed release.

If this mod turns out like the original design idea, it should still be very kick butt. Half Life 2 even today is still a fun game, and after all this time, not that dated looking yet.

HL2 with the Cinematic Mod looks absolutely incredible too (as long as you disable the new Alyx hooker models.)

HL2 with the Cinematic Mod looks absolutely incredible too (as long as you disable the new Alyx hooker models.)

Yeah that is cool, but I mainly want Black Mesa Source for the CoOp play, I love a good single player story to play with a friend.

I hope when they do announce a date they won't make us wait too long...like announce it today and release it on Friday

I want this to come out since I would enjoy playing HL1 at high res w/ HD textures & models. I can only hope... not much else to go on anymore with BMS.

I heard they were waiting for linux to become a significant force in the US desktop market. But you're all in luck, this year it's going to happen. :p

9600xt.jpg
Bah, 9600, that's not that long ago, why I bet...ohhhh Radeon 9600XT, not GeForce 9600GSO :eek:.

Yeah I can't believe it's been 8 years either. Or that the game plays nicely on modern systems without finagling with tweaks. Or that we're still getting new Source engine games to this day.

Yeah I can't believe it's been 8 years either. Or that the game plays nicely on modern systems without finagling with tweaks. Or that we're still getting new Source engine games to this day.

HL2 does indeed stand the test of time, but honestly I think they need to move on to Source 2 or whatever they're going to do next. Frostbite 2 seems to kinda blow Source out of the water in terms of graphics quality.

HL2 does indeed stand the test of time, but honestly I think they need to move on to Source 2 or whatever they're going to do next. Frostbite 2 seems to kinda blow Source out of the water in terms of graphics quality.

Hopefully Valve is working on Half Life 3, and that I would guess is using Source2. But still playing Half Life 2 on a 30" monitor, with 8xAA and maxed graphics settings, and maxed VideoCard settings, the game still looks great after all this time. And as a single player game, it is so fun, 8yrs later, can't think of many other games that beat it in gameplay ?

Hopefully Valve is working on Half Life 3, and that I would guess is using Source2. But still playing Half Life 2 on a 30" monitor, with 8xAA and maxed graphics settings, and maxed VideoCard settings, the game still looks great after all this time. And as a single player game, it is so fun, 8yrs later, can't think of many other games that beat it in gameplay ?

Well the gameplay in HL2 is pretty basic as far as FPS faire, but it did have a cool story, good characters/dialogue and a few interesting physics-based puzzles. But yeah I agree it still does look good, especially with the Cinematic mod.

Back