Black Mesa Source 1.0 Out Now

There's a nod to Office Space after the tram ride. TPS reports and having to come in on Saturday. :D

Basically this is a patch to update the original Half-Life with better graphics? I'm not well versed in Black Mesa, sorry.
Complete remake-- graphics to art assets.

Full voiceovers and acting.

Redone sound effects.

Redone music which you can download for free of the website (or, better, donate to them for their effort and work for doing this as a way of saying "thank you.")​
I can' t wait to dive into it after it finishes downloading in... 25 minutes. :D

They still need to finish Black Mesa. I just read this...

Black Mesa will be released only up to the Xen level of the original game. The team plans to release the Xen levels sometime later; with the current content, they estimate that players will have eight to ten hours of content to complete

The Xen levels would need a massive rework relative to Black Mesa scenery. It was a sea of polygons before if I remember. Only the exotic lighting and features made it interesting.

Know whats funny, I been waiting a nearly a decade for this to come out, and I won't play it cause of Valve's bullshit new forced arbitration clause...

Know whats funny, I been waiting a nearly a decade for this to come out, and I won't play it cause of Valve's bullshit new forced arbitration clause...

Online posturing at its finest, says one thing, does another. :rolleyes:

half-life: source is just half-life 1 running on the source engine. black mesa is a remake of half-life 1 to make it look more like half-life 2

My body is ready. I remember when BMS was first announced years ago and it is fantastic to finally see it come to fruition. Now, Gabe, ball's in your court.

Awesome :)

Went with the torrent method, seeding at records speeds now lol

Planning to sue Valve?
As big as my backlog is, its not worth hiring a lawyer over.

There use to be class action, but the ruling that waving off class action participation can be include in the EULA pretty much nukes the only practical option people had anyway.

I'm actually seeding something. Amazing.

I've never played the original Half-Life because of the graphics.

It's like... the idea of this mod is so awesome, I don't want to play it.

Stupid question: How do I run the game?

I installed the mod, and then Steam updated my Source 2007 SDK. I look in my sourcemods folder and see the BMS directory, but nothing in that folder to launch the game with. What am I missing?

Well, I think I'm gonna try this. I remember trying HL1 years ago and I was either scared shitless or the graphics really turned me off. Oh and the Ravenholm(that's what it was called in HL2 right?) scared me so much I had to cheat through it to enjoy it :eek:

Very well done so far.
Yeah, the engine is dated, but the update is well done, characters are good, and that music when you first put on the HEV suit is worth the price of admission.:D

Gordon still rocks.:cool:

If you run the installer, it'll appear in your Steam Library after restarting the Steam client.

It should also appear there if you did a manual installation. Hopefully.

Seeding for others now, not gonna really be using the internet too much right now so I thought why not help others :)

Look familiar... isn't this HL1?

Are there screenshots of the last few levels, those were my favorites from the original...

Any reviews? Is it pretty much 1:1 or did they make some design/gameplay changes?

This is exactly HL1 until Xen but with vastly improved textures and lighting to bring it up to more modern age. Source looks a bit dated but graphics are not everything when it comes to one of the best FPS storylines ever. Xen has not been done yet as it is such a pain in the butt with all the polygons and unique textures, for such a short play time. I preferred the levels preceding but Xen was quite a trip when HL1 came out.

Here you can find the later level screenies you are looking for, quite pretty http://release.blackmesasource.com/

Back