Black HTPC cases.....Question. What are you usin???

Geronimo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a case that would house an ATX mobo(conroe) and be cool and silent enough for sli and crossfire. I want to build a gamer's pc/HTPC. Thanx!

i am using silverstone lascala lc-10b :) pretty cute. i dont like the 60mm fans tho :(

Im using the silverstone lascala lc-14b nice case but things got a bit tight with the X1800GTO
htpc13.jpg

htpc15.jpg

any of the silverstone stuff. they have a good selection over at pcalchemy.com and have good prices too.

I have several Silverstone LC-10B's in use. They're nice cases. You do have to replace the front fan with something quieter though.

I have an Ahanix MCE302 and I would suggest that if all thier products are like mine then to avoid the entire line. The airflow through the case is terrible and the general fit and finish are just as bad. The case sure does look good though...

i have a silverstone lc-17b, looks great although i think for any htpc case you choose, it's going to be tough keeping it cool and silent inside (especially if you go sli or crossfire. i would suggest you just get one of those cards and slap on an arctic cooling solution to keep the noise down.

I have the silverstone LC17B as well. I love it. You will most likely not be able to use the middle HDD rack if you have a longer, high powered video card. However, you still have room for 3 hdds in the other rack. The reason I like this case so much is how quiet I have been able to get it without any real modifications. I added a Panaflo 80mm fan in front of the HDD's (don't even know if I actually needed to), and I reduced the voltage on the 2 rear 80mm fans to 5v using an included wire. I have a fairly cheap Arctic Cooling Silencer somte0hing or other on my P4 2.8 ghz that idles around 38c and maxes out around 44c. Conroe should run cooler than my P4 so you can go with a very low airflow CPU heatsink, and if you use something like an Arctic Cooling silencer on your video cards to evacuate the hot air generated, you are looking at a powerful, very quiet rig. If you needed more cooling, you can always up the voltage on the rear fans to get better airflow. The only concern is that the case is on the smallish side for a full ATX so you might run into clearance issues. I don't know since I am still stuck using an AGP 9800pro. I would recommend a Seasonic S12 PSU, as they are stable, quiet, and fairly reasonably priced.

Back